Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

GFORCE Chip

5K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  spiky3480 
#1 ·
I have been thinking about adding a GFORCE Performance Chip to my 09 Sopstice GXP Coupe and was wondering if anyone else has tried it yet? I like to do some research before any mods. Thanks.

#3 ·
There are plenty of tunes available that are proven from venders who have demonstrated both their technical acume and their customer service.

If you check out the threads related to the GMPP tune, you will find out a lot of real world experience and engineering data that was shared. The Kappa is a fly by wire car and there are a lot of well understood ways to add HP that allow you to go to just about any HP level you want in increments.

Basically, the best / most cost effective thing you can do for a 2.0 is install the GMPP tune which will give you a huge increase and maintain your warranty.

Both the NA and 2.0 will show significant gains from swapping to a high flow cat.

The exhaust and intake are not limiting until you get to high output numbers.

For the 2.0, the CAI does nothing but add noise. Same for the catback.

Charge tubes with a tune does improve flow and thus reduce the high RPM losses due to the factory charge tubes being limiting.

for the NA there are tunes, headers, . .. and best of all supercharget kits that will bolt on a ton of HP.

See werks, ddm, hahn, wade's garage etc for more info:thumbs::grouphug:

#5 ·
If you have a 2.0, the cheapest route is to get the GMPP tune kit installed. crate engine depot last time I checked had them for less than $500 and you can get it installed for a couple hours of labor. Takes the 2.0 from 260 HP to 290 HP and removes the learn down feature that eliminates any gains you might get from any other mods. Do a search on learn down.

Second best thing you can do is get a high flow cat that once the learn down code is removed (mostly) will give you on 16-18 HP gain.

Getting to 305-310 HP is pretty straightforward and will not impact your warranty. Putting in a chip is more likely to do so as its changing the baseline configuration of the computer / software subsystems.

#8 · (Edited)
A chip is an absolute scam for our cars! I was a tester for the Westers tune, while it was being developed...trust me when I tell you that a chip from some no-name company is not going to do anything except risk hurting your car. Tuning is something that an experienced person must do or you risk serious damage to the car. Many vendors on here have a proven and tested tune that modifies many more parameters than one can even think.

Companies that I know have proven tuning are:

1. Westers Garage
  • Tune using the software on your laptop or mail in your ECM
  • Also has a transmission tune for the 2.0
  • Many years of tuning experience and lots of testing done
  • Free re-tunes after the addition of engine mods

2. DDMWorks
  • Also have proven results and are very well-versed in knowing their way around our car
  • They do tuning at the mod meets, or you can mail in your ECM
  • Great bunch of guys to work with and they stand behind their work

3. Trifecta
  • Handheld tuner
  • I don't have too much experience with Trifecta, but from what I have head, they are great to work with
  • Also have proven results

4. GMPP
  • Flash and install done by dealer
  • Nice HP gains, but not quite as aggressive as the other mentioned tunes
  • Some have had issues with the flash, and some with bad O-rings
  • Warrantied by GM (unless you install the sensors and wiring yourself)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.