Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Punisher

879K views 4K replies 187 participants last post by  G-Ram 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

Attachments

See less See more
#1,081 ·
Preparations for Nationals continue

This weekend I repainted the deck on trailer, washed and waxed it. Some fun.

Then I washed and detailed the truck. Need to throw a coat of wax on it as well.

Attachments

#1,082 ·
I also picked up the newly repainted wheels and installed them. I have not had a chance to get pics of them on the car but here is one before I cleaned them up.

Attachments

#1,083 ·
Wow!!! That really looks impressive! :thumbs::cool::thumbs:

#1,084 ·
I will get some pictures of them cleaned up and on the car this weekend. They look better there. Also, since they are hand painted, each wheel is unique. They go very well with the caliper covers.

#1,085 ·
Got my new horn button center graphics

Here are some pics of deinstalling the factory steering wheel center and replacing it with my custom made unit.

Attachments

#1,086 ·
Here is the new one installed

Attachments

#1,087 ·
And now a question, should I stay with the red lug nuts or go to black?

Attachments

#1,090 ·
I would go with YELLOW.

#1,091 ·
Are they punisher red?

#1,093 ·
I went through chrome, two shades of black and two shades of red to get to this color. They are annodized RED.

#1,097 ·
Punisher goes on vacation

Attachments

#1,098 ·
A couple of pictures on Grand Mesa and at the Gateway Resort car museum

Attachments

#1,099 ·
Yup, the yellow would go with the flames on the spokes better than red.

#1,100 ·
Also would look better than black. Try it before you knock it. Hand paint some old lug nuts yellow and see.

#1,101 ·
How come the trailer wheels don't match the car or the truck?

#1,103 · (Edited)
While driving in a somewhat spirited manner back up the valley from the museum, I got a CEL. At our next rest stop, van who has a DDM stage 3 06 said he got a CEL at the same time. Both his and mine were for lean condition. He offered to reset mine with his tuner... The correct answer should have been no... Because in the past when I have cleared a code, the ECM has lost it's mind. Well it did this time as well.

It would not idle below 2000 RPM , and while running down off the mountain in 40 degree conditions, it was indicating 217 . And running like crap.

After coming back down, it threw another CEL and thrn went into limp mode. I started looking for a place to stop when it shut down. I was kind of busy but it said engine off for safety ....well led the code and it was something about the MAF temp reading did not match the temp senser. And it was dead...

We reset the code with the dash hawk and it started but with no idle and low power. Not limp mode just running like crap

We motored off for about a block when it went into limp mode then shut off.

I pulled the positive terminal for ten seconds, rebooted the car and it is immediately back to running great!

Tuning is so much fun.

The lesson for me is do not reset minor error codes while on the road with your wife in the car.

#1,104 ·
Some fun

While on our day cruise, we were stopped numerous times

At the hotel by a senior staff member. He loved the car, truck and trailer. Then proceeded to share with me his experience with his first car...

While pumping gas, a guy about my age wearing a -73rd airborne RVN hat came over and asked about the car. After a five minute tour he said he had a 65 Mustang. He had the 289 bored out to the limit, but living in Cali the bastards would not let him do more. He said his wife always asked him Whatchu wanna drive such a old car fo anyhow? He just smiled

While paying for my coffee in the Shell station, the guy in front of me in line turned to me and asked, is that your GTO. I said it was a Solstice. A ten minute car show ensued

At the car museum after parking, an older guy came over and started gushing over the flames on the wheels.
:yesnod:
It was like that everywhere we stopped all weekend. :thumbs::grouphug:

#1,105 ·
I wonder why you are having so many tuning issues with your car. I am still running the original tune Dave delivered my car with and it runs fantastic. Have not had any issues whatsoever with it in over 5,000 miles now. Must be because you live in Colorado, the gun control state. I guess now all gun related crimes have been wiped out by the new laws.

#1,106 ·
If I had to guess, it has to do with you having a more conservative tune. The car runs great. Just a few interesting lessons along the way .

We definitely have different tunes, though based on the same starting point, Ken has tweaked mine a bit.:thumbs:

#1,107 ·
mine is running really well too ... just had to make a minor adjustment to the tune ... I had the same problem with clearing a code when I first got the car back ... cleared the code using the Dashhawk with the car running ... care went ape$#&t .. then Dave told me ... NEVER clear a code with the car running! it will cause problems :)

#1,108 ·
I always clear with it off, but occasionally it will have issues after clearing. When it does I pull the battery for ten seconds and reboot. It so far has always done the trick

#1,109 ·
I guess I am lucky because I have not had any code issues either. I am perfectly happy with my tune. It is very driveable on the street, but it will light up the tires in the first three gears if I floor it. It puts out more power than I can handle at WOT. I would not want a more agressive tune. Could not use more power than I already have and my car seems to be trouble free and very reliable. It starts and idles perfectly every time, yet it will scare the hell out of you if you push it too hard. Dave and Ken seem to have gotten mine just right.

#1,111 ·
Some more pictures from our adventure this weekend.

Attachments

#1,112 ·
Pictures again

Attachments

#1,113 ·
Pictures more

Attachments

#1,114 ·
JPM seat covers

So I talked with my lovely wife of 45 years and she decided that I need new seat covers for our anniversary. She gave me her design specs . . .

I called Joe at JPM and was happy to learn that their business is doing very well. They have moved twice into larger facilities and currently have a five person shop including Joe and Alex. I ordered new seat covers in accordance with the direction received from the wife. Black with red stitching and the Punisher logo in 3d on the head rest. And I think that Joe is going to include some red color for accent.

I know, it’s tough, but I am forcing myself to live with the change!

#1,119 ·
I called Joe at JPM and was happy to learn that their business is doing very well. They have moved twice into larger facilities and currently have a five person shop including Joe and Alex.
That is good to know. I remember a couple of years back that JPM was doing so poorly that Joe was thinking of selling up. Yay JPM!

#1,116 ·
She got more jewelry. And an IOU for Flagstaff and the local shops.

Joe said he is booked up through June and will not get them done for Nationals. This year. :grouphug: