Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Top 10 Cars of the 2013 Detroit Auto Show

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  boboborino 
#1 ·
As has become the tradition, there was no shortage of big debuts at the 2013 Detroit Auto Show.

Ranging from concepts so bold they border on absurdity to production cars that kept enthusiasts clicking, this is AutoGuide.com's list of the top 10 cars unveiled during the North American International Auto Show.

More: Top 10 Cars of the 2013 Detroit Auto Show on AutoGuide.com

See less See more
#2 ·
I love this comment about the Stingray:

"premium interior could stand to finally offer Corvette owners seats that doesn’t suck." :lol::lol::lol:

And maybe that Volt dressed up like a Caddy will prevent future manufacturing shut downs? ;)

#3 ·
I love this comment about the Stingray:

"premium interior could stand to finally offer Corvette owners seats that doesn’t suck." :lol::lol::lol:
I missed that option :D

And maybe that Volt dressed up like a Caddy will prevent future manufacturing shut downs? ;)
With a range of 300 miles, it does deserve some interest. I occasionally car pool with a guy that has a volt, it only has a range of about 40 miles (depending on circumstances) and we live 35 miles from our office, so he gets a gas-free ride in, but a gas guzzling ride home. Me, I don't want to buy gas, I also don't want to plunk down $80k+ for a nice all electric Tesla/Fiskar either. As for the Nissan, we'll "leaf" that one alone too.

#4 ·
With a range of 300 miles, it does deserve some interest..
You missed the fine print: That 300 includes the gas engine, just like the standard Volt (I think they put a bigger gas tank in the Caddy, seems like the Volt was 250 range). No matter what, still just 50 miles max on batteries from previous night's charge. (more like 25-30 in real world applications)

I met a guy the other day that has placed an order for a new S Model Tesla.

He ordered the pumped up one with the faster charger and longer range. They claim a true 300 miles on one charge. So even if they are being overly optimistic when considering real world conditions, one should be able to make a couple hundred miles. But last I heard Tesla was having problems as well.

#5 ·
In gas mode, the volt still gets over 40 mpg, hardly gas guzzling.

Hopefully your friend can find some charging options at work to turn his commute all electric, but 70 miles for less than a gallon is still pretty good.

#8 ·
Surprise the 2013 Viper did not make it to the list.

#9 ·
Damn Hyundai,(#2 0n the list)They are kicking ass, And I am a proud owner of a High end Hyundai myself, Yep, a 2002 Santa Fe. Ok not so high end, but a very reliable, surprisingly functional, and very affordable make. It was our first new vehicle, and we still use it with 360 000 kms(224 000 miles)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.