Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Tears on my keyboard - best way to sell?

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  jeffgtx 
#1 ·
Long story short - want to sell my wife's gift of a lifetime - her Red 08 GXP with TONS of additions. What have people found to be the best route for maximum value? This was a true "toy" vehicle - 5,000 total miles - never been washed but by hand - put to bed from November to April each year - you know the drill. Thoughts or threads?
thanks.

#3 ·
I've seen some on ebay go for top dollar... more than I thought they were worth.
Thrill of the auction? bidding? I don't know but I was watching the price roll up on an auction $18k... $19k $20k. Then wham someone hit the buy it now which was unlisted at 23k. And it was gonnne! Sorry for your lose but good luck

#4 ·
whether it is cars.com, autotrader.com, or ebay,
you want lots of pictures.
And you will have to show and speak of those additions to the car in order to get the premium price for the car.
Of course, the location of the car will be nice to know.

#7 ·
1. Price with comparable 08 GXPs (pull & sell mods individually)
2. Price w/mods on (deduct price of mods 25% - 50% off mods price)
3. Generally speaking, most people value price of mods differently so attempting to find that one buyer that values them the same as you do/did is slim.

#8 ·
You may want to try CARMAX to see what they offer then go from there.
KBB would also be a good place to check what your car is worth.
Use the trading value vs. the by owner, it should also give you an idea of what to ask.

#12 · (Edited)
Having just bought a Solstice in November I will speak as a buyer.

Yes, wait till spring, similar to selling a motorcycle Spring fever works in your favor. In fact when I bought my car that I found in late summer, the asking and offering priced dropped by $2500 once the first winter flakes started flying.

Site, it doesnt matter, they all work. I find exception to the prior post regarding the high buy-it-now price on eBay. Look at the completed sales, 99% of everything listed is not sold.

I looked for close to 8 months for the right car which I ended up getting from a dealer. Compared to what I paid almost every car listed is several thousand dollars too high.

Regardless of what you have the car is not a collector, it's never going to go up in value, and it's not an investment, it's just a fun car to enjoy.

Sell the parts, I've learned many times over nobody will pay for the extra's, you will not get anything extra and everybody will be worried if it was installed right or if you are now driving the car harder due to the parts.

Everybody wants that car that thelittle old lady used to own.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.