Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Fan shroud cutting into rad hose 2.0L

22K views 132 replies 29 participants last post by  llllfly 
#1 · (Edited)
You can not see this cut.
Run your hand under top hose on the botton
of hose. Mine was cut into by the fan shroud
fin. This cut is so deep it needs replace.
LLLFLY

received PM today from GM asking for my
VIN# and dealer info.
Stay turn on last pg.

#119 ·
Just called my local dealer where I got the car from and explained the problem. I have been in a few times with the airbag issues, so the service manager is familiar with me and always helpful, he is ordering the 09 hose with the sleeve. It is also going to be covered under my certified warranty, so maybe it depends on the dealership, but I'm covered here.

#120 ·
If it really bothers you, you can kill two birds with one stone. There's no need to replace the hose for one little divot. Just buy a radiator hose splice, cut the hose, and join it back together with the splice kit. Make it a metal splice where the metal will be resting on the rib, and you'll never have this issue ever again.
By the way; I'd imagine that it would be a small obvious leak far before it suddenly busts, spewing hot coolant and steam all over. Who would ignore such an obvious leak?

#121 ·
Thanks for your suggestion. I did not know that there is such a thing as a radiator hose splice. That's what I like about the forum I can always learn something new. Would the metal resting on the rib over time cause any damage to the fan shroud?

I don't think many people would ignore a small obvious leak. My concern is that the first indication of a small leak while driving would be an overheat or low fluid warning.

#126 ·
If you plan to take it to the dealership, please let us know before time. Send a PM with the VIN, your name, situation, mileage, contact information, situation, and dealership. I can't gaurantee any special coverages will be given but can look into it. Thank you.

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance

#129 ·
Just checked mine also (07 GXP, made Oct 2006). No marks on the hose at 21,000 miles. Hose is more behind rib than over it. Marks appear to line up.

#128 ·
The 2.0L puts the rib under the hose.
I spoke to GM CS Matt He is a very good guy.
Please PM Him.

LLLFLY

#133 ·
When you renew the hose.
Replace the hose clamps with new
screw type clamps .
Couldn't get the old to seal tight.
LLLFLY

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.