2 Day sale LNF Charge tubes! - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Supporting Vendors > DDM Works
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

2 Day sale LNF Charge tubes!

So we just received a huge shipment of our popular aluminum charge tubes and wanted to pass along the savings to you.

DESCRIPTION
The intercooler charge tubes from the factory have areas where the tubing is crushed down flat which causes turbulence in the air flow. Our tubes are custom made from aluminum just like the factory tubes, but are CNC mandrel bent for the best fitment and nice smooth air flow. Our intercooler tubes are a direct factory replacement for the stock tubes with simple removal of the stock pieces and then installation of the new tubes.

All of our tubes come with the mounting brackets on them like stock, which helps to hold the tubes in the correct place, and prevents the movement of the tubes, which sometimes causes the tubes to hub under the hood. The tubes come standard in a highly polished finish, for great looks and long term durability.

Installation instructions are included along with a silicone hump hose connector to make the connection to the turbo and all other hardware required.

Click on the link below to see more details on the sale!

Last edited by Dave@ddmworks; 01-10-2013 at 08:25 AM.
ivy@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

bump. Thanks Dave for the awesome sale
rooster33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Got me + starlight red Thanks Ivy & DDM
ChopTop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:09 AM   #4 (permalink)

Do these increase HP in a GMPP tuned GXP? dynos? or are these just for looks?
Old 01-13-2013, 04:07 AM   #5 (permalink)

Had mine done in black chrome they look beautiful .
factory installed are bent very bad .
Thank You DDM works .
LLLFLY
Winner best interior 2012 NASSM
DDMWorks:,WindRestrictor
Elizabethtown,PA
llllfly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit13 View Post
Do these increase HP in a GMPP tuned GXP? dynos? or are these just for looks?
Doubt they do anything at all for a stock GXP and probably nothing for a GMPP tuned car, but they look great and the crimps in the stock tubes are so unacceptable aesthetically that I swapped mine out just because it bothered me having such poorly made factory items in there.

GM is known for going cheap - they had a manufacturing process that saved them a couple of bucks on the olf Fiero V6 exhaust manifolds so they went that way. An hour with a grinder and you can get an 8 BHP bump just from doing what GM could have done with one more damned machining operation that would have cost them a few bucks! Cheap bastards!
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster
1969 Lamborghini Islero S
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT
2009 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe

Bill in BC
wspohn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspohn View Post
Doubt they do anything at all for a stock GXP and probably nothing for a GMPP tuned car, but they look great and the crimps in the stock tubes are so unacceptable aesthetically that I swapped mine out just because it bothered me having such poorly made factory items in there.

GM is known for going cheap - they had a manufacturing process that saved them a couple of bucks on the olf Fiero V6 exhaust manifolds so they went that way. An hour with a grinder and you can get an 8 BHP bump just from doing what GM could have done with one more damned machining operation that would have cost them a few bucks! Cheap bastards!
And in that case I understand it but in this case there is no difference between stock and these other than looks? If it was an improvement I was going to purchase them for sure for $180!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

wspohn, can you explain what you mean by 1 hr with a grinder can get you 8 Bhp? If thats too specific, just tell me the subject to search so I avoid getting flamed for not searching.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GODROD View Post
wspohn, can you explain what you mean by 1 hr with a grinder can get you 8 Bhp? If thats too specific, just tell me the subject to search so I avoid getting flamed for not searching.

A close reading of what I wrote will reveal that you probably wouldn't find it here anyway as I was referring to the headers on a Fiero V6 engine. If that engine is what you want to know about, by all means let me know and I can send some info.
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
Old 01-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibit13 View Post
And in that case I understand it but in this case there is no difference between stock and these other than looks? If it was an improvement I was going to purchase them for sure for $180!
Dave quite reasonably stated in this thread: 2.0L LNF turbo Charge tubes are available

that they (at that time) made no power claims as they hadn't seen any before and after dyno runs - don't know if that has changed.

Might want to look at that thread anyway as it has some fitting discussion as well as some very nice pictures of the installed tubes.
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
Old 01-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
A close reading of what I wrote will reveal that you probably wouldn't find it here anyway as I was referring to the headers on a Fiero V6 engine. If that engine is what you want to know about, by all means let me know and I can send some info.
Copy that. Thought maybe you were referring to something on the SOL. Subject had switched to the Fiero but thought maybe I missed something and heck I'm up for 1hr. grind for 8 Bhp. Thanks for the kind response.

[color=gray]

Solo Dio
GODROD
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #12 (permalink)

This convo is now irrelevant at this point in time as the sale has ended. I am kinda disappointed that there was no official response from DDM before the sale ended though. This is about the third time I have asked DDM a question and got no response at all, as a customer who has previously purchased multiple times from DDM I would like to see better support.

Quote:
Dave quite reasonably stated in this thread: 2.0L LNF turbo Charge tubes are available

that they (at that time) made no power claims as they hadn't seen any before and after dyno runs - don't know if that has changed.

Might want to look at that thread anyway as it has some fitting discussion as well as some very nice pictures of the installed tubes.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #13 (permalink)

I think that you have to understand that a lot of the vendors who sell here are relatively small concerns (DDM sales are, I believe, handled by Dave and Ivy alone) so if they happen to be out of the office, or away for the weekend, you can't expect a swift answer. I'll say that they are quite responsive normally.

I understand that if the only way you were interested in buying the tubes was if they gave a power increase, you would want confirmation. Given that I do not believe that there would be any increase unless you tune beyond the GMPP stage, you aren't out anything anyway as you presumably wouldn't have bought them on that basis.
1962 MGA Deluxe Coupe
1965 Jensen CV8
1969 MGC roadster
1971 Jensen Interceptor
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Bill in BC
Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

I just wanted to apologize to Exhibit13 for the the non-response. Yes, the sale is over now but wspohn is correct, they do not offer any HP gains, they are purely aesthetic.
www.DDMWorks.
com
ivy@ddmworks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: