LS3 Solstice DIY Build - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Supporting Vendors > Performance AutoWerks
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

LS3 Solstice DIY Build

Here is some pics of the next LS3 V8 Solstice.

I will be updating photos as the build progresses

Greg
Greg@Pwerks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2009, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have a couple of questions (so please let us know if you'd prefer to keep this thread dedicated to the DIY documentation process). 1. I'm wondering do you use a new engine wiring harness or modify the existing one. 2. Does the new or modified V8 engine wiring harness affect the driver information center (DIC) display, or the rest of the car electrical systems in any way? 3. Will you still be able to use the cruise?
LowLife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowLife1 View Post
I have a couple of questions (so please let us know if you'd prefer to keep this thread dedicated to the DIY documentation process). 1. I'm wondering do you use a new engine wiring harness or modify the existing one. 2. Does the new or modified V8 engine wiring harness affect the driver information center (DIC) display, or the rest of the car electrical systems in any way? 3. Will you still be able to use the cruise?

We use a new CTSV harness and the old one Harness and combined them together so that it just plugs right in to the car and motor like factory.

Before when we did the V8 swap you had to go with a different gauge cluster and no cruise control . Now we have made it so you can retain your stock cluster with the DIC Display working like factory and also are now able to use the cruise control

We will be offering the Autometer cluster as an option to the swap and to who ever want's to buy a DIY Package.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask

Greg

Last edited by Greg@Pwerks; 07-15-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

Great job, now you're talking!!!

See my car on cardomain.com
DeepBlueGXP also on the Skyroadster and Kappa Performance Forum.
Deepbluegxp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 02:23 PM   #5 (permalink)

Red Solstice GXP, just like mine! Keep pictures of the project coming!!
-I'm also putting money on the side for a FFR GTM Supercar. I should start building one soon!
sebast007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 02:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebast007 View Post
Red Solstice GXP, just like mine! Keep pictures of the project coming!!
It's actually Orange its still a lil gloomy over here so i didn't get any good pics with the sun reflecting off the metallic paint.

We will deff keep you posted
Old 07-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #7 (permalink)

Subscribed!
Old 07-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to werks
Soon to be taken apart
Dave Gilbert #475 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe NASA TTB 2012 Midwest Season Champion
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547

Kappa LNF Engine - WERKSracing EFR 6758 kit - 431whp/478ftlbs
Kappa LE5 Engine - WERKSracing '50 trim" Turbo Kit - 374whp/358ftlbs
Kappa WERKSracing LS3 Edelbrock E-Force Supercharged Engine Conversion- 531whp/490ftlbs

www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com
werks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

I will be watching this thread with great interest. With all that seems to be happening with Mallett Cars these days, I am sure many others will be interested as well.

Is there a particular reason that you chose to start with a GXP base car?
Old 07-22-2009, 01:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwood58 View Post
I will be watching this thread with great interest. With all that seems to be happening with Mallett Cars these days, I am sure many others will be interested as well.

Is there a particular reason that you chose to start with a GXP base car?

No reason at all,the customer wanted to do a V8 swap and he already had the GXP plus we had a great deal on the swap so he couldn't pass it up.

All of the other V8 swaps we have done were on 2.4 but there is no difference in the car besides the 2.0turbo motor which is removed and we use a new engine harness when we do the swap.

Greg
Old 07-23-2009, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Send a message via Yahoo to werks
The exhaust is off!!!
Dave Gilbert #475 Pontiac Solstice GXP Coupe NASA TTB 2012 Midwest Season Champion
Performance Autowerks, Inc.
Phone - 815-439-4547

Kappa LNF Engine - WERKSracing EFR 6758 kit - 431whp/478ftlbs
Kappa LE5 Engine - WERKSracing '50 trim" Turbo Kit - 374whp/358ftlbs
Kappa WERKSracing LS3 Edelbrock E-Force Supercharged Engine Conversion- 531whp/490ftlbs

www.performanceautowerks.com
info@performanceautowerks.com
werks is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 11:24 AM   #12 (permalink)

LS3 swap

Looks great, but I have a question: Why the LS3?
citabria7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Mac

I will guess that the LS3 is best bang for the buck easy 425+ very light too. compared say to my IV BB. An Ls7 is going to be as much as your car when it was new, add in all the sub systems like sump pump for the dry sump, tanks......... but hey its all about$

But these cars should have had this option to start LS3 would have been like a T/A GXP. If sols only came with the 2.4 i would have never bought the car new. The 2.0 is a great work of modern teck. But this is the way to go for power pluss reliability to me. A 400+ LNF is not going to run on 91 not be very nice on the street and will get less MPG!

This kit i hope comes to market.
This is the ULTRA mod to me and they figured out the cruise and the DIC. Be a very fun thing to do. though i would lke to see it with say 3.3o rear and a 6speed with at least 3.28 first single OD so fifth is 1:1, can you say 0-60 in first gear. The trans i am thinking is the new RED R.O.D. but i wonder where the stick would come up at with the LONG shifter they use?
Mac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by citabria7 View Post
Looks great, but I have a question: Why the LS3?
We offer all LS models from the LS2-LS7

The standard Swap comes with a LS2 which is 400hp 6.0 and for an extra $500.00 you get a 6.2l 430hp motor

So the customer decide to go with the LS3

Greg
Old 07-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac View Post
I will guess that the LS3 is best bang for the buck easy 425+ very light too. compared say to my IV BB. An Ls7 is going to be as much as your car when it was new, add in all the sub systems like sump pump for the dry sump, tanks......... but hey its all about$

But these cars should have had this option to start LS3 would have been like a T/A GXP. If sols only came with the 2.4 i would have never bought the car new. The 2.0 is a great work of modern teck. But this is the way to go for power pluss reliability to me. A 400+ LNF is not going to run on 91 not be very nice on the street and will get less MPG!

This kit i hope comes to market.
This is the ULTRA mod to me and they figured out the cruise and the DIC. Be a very fun thing to do. though i would lke to see it with say 3.3o rear and a 6speed with at least 3.28 first single OD so fifth is 1:1, can you say 0-60 in first gear. The trans i am thinking is the new RED R.O.D. but i wonder where the stick would come up at with the LONG shifter they use?

I agree with you completely.I cant think of any other mod that gives you 30hp for under $500 so to put out the extra $500.00 and gain 30hp wright out of the box is awesome and plus if he decides to do some extra dyno tune we can pull even more power out of this bad boy

The trans we use is the T56 6speed we custom make the short shifter to sit actually where the stock shift sits with out cutting any of the center console

With this being a GXP it comes with the stock LSD and a 3.73 gear already to go in it .So we does not have to swap the rear end like we recommend doing when you have a 2.4

Greg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: