WERKS Built Solstice Issues Need some help - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Ghost View Post
You can't do any boosting without the proper tune. DO NOT EVER push your car if you have replaced the turbo and not changed your tune. Guess you found out the hard way....sorry.
I never touched anything lol. It just spiked up out of the blue.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2006 Solstice - WERKS Turbo Kit -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian85 View Post
I never touched anything lol. It just spiked up out of the blue.

I understand. But, you knew the PO took the turbo off before selling it. That right there is a red flag too me that he probably didn't retune the car. Without a proper tune for a new turbo, bad things happen like you found out. You also knew there was a cheap ebay turbo on the car. Another bad sign. These are very unreliable to produce consistent, smooth boost. They are usually spiky. If you had bought it from a dealer rather then a private seller, and one which you knew he swapped turbos, this is an issue. Chalk it up to learning a valuable, expensive lesson. I'm not trying to be rude in any way, you yourself said it had a cheap, ebay turbo. And with any turbo/supercharger, a car with an improper tune is going to break something, most of the time it's the headgasket... I'm sorry for your expensive loss. Now it's time to tear it apart and put a new head gasket on it!!!

When I was going for my dyno tune, the mechanic put my 3bar sensors on in one garage and I had to drive my car 1/4 mile down the road to the dyno....he wouldn't even touch it and wanted to charge me $300 to tow it to his dyno garage. And he was the one tuning it!!! So I had to be extremely careful and feather the throttle to get it to the dyno....no boost at all!!! I did make it, and I was dyno tuned.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.

Last edited by The_Ghost; 01-30-2017 at 02:30 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Its no big deal to me. I knew something would brake. I will just build it better. Ordering parts today

2006 Solstice - WERKS Turbo Kit -

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 04:36 PM

See the turbo spike is what makes no sense to me (i am the last owner for the past year) anyways, when i got the car at the beginning it sure was messed up, tuned bad, running rich, well Dave from Autowerks knows all about it, he reflashed the tune for me since the last one was locked and from that point i did full fluids change to Amsoil, changed sparks and tuned up the engine in general. After that, i put it on a dyno for a whole weekends worth of tuning from scratch, car drove off the running really good. Even with the ebay turbo, it had all new gaskets and all, 16psi was the limit so we backed out to 10psi which dynod 338hp. That was the safest tune and it sure was plenty of power for a car that size. I sure enjoyed it, drove it as my daily and never had a problem with it, like i said, i was very happy with it, still wish i had never got rid of it. As for the boost spike and all, im not sure what happened there, maybe after all that ebay turbo was going out, i know i took good care of my solstice, and for sure getting another one very soon! Just sad to see such a nice build blowing a headgasket.

2006 Pontiac Solstice Performance Autowerks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: