Solo GXP Mach Shorty: Before/After Audio Files - Pontiac Solstice Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Solo GXP Mach Shorty: Before/After Audio Files

Iím probably the last Solstice/Sky owner to install an aftermarket exhaust system. The decision to install the Solo system was motivated by:

1. Purchasing a 500 Abarth as a daily driver two years ago; the factory exhaust system in the Solstice is quite a letdown after driving the Abarth.
2. After 7 years of ownership, it was a good time to spice things up, on an otherwise completely factory car.

Before/after audio clips:

https://youtu.be/b2TeVNr7GKI

Itís a good change. Iíd go so far as to say the Solo Mach Shorty system makes the Solstice sound a bit exotic. I think my favorite part is the way the exhaust burbles after letting off the gas. As for performance, I donít feel any difference, as compared to the stock system.

The only conócontrary to what Solo states on the their webpage--is some droning: parts of the car vibrate that have never vibrated before, including somewhere in the boomerang under certain engine loads. However, itís by no means unbearable, and the droning doesnít have a material effect on normal cruising.

Coupe #827
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-05-2017, 12:11 PM

Realize of course that the coupe drones where the convertible does not. If the drone is an issue for you Solo has a solution which if I remember correctly is the installation of a resonator in the system. Something about the construction of the coupe that makes it different.

There is a Solo shop a few blocks from my home and you'd be surprised how many they are still building for our cars. Not quite as many as in the cars hey day but not far off.

Love the sound and enjoy the car.

WooHoo!!! Ordered a loaded Deep GXP on March 19th, 2008. Order number 0814D93708
Event code 3400 on April 12, 2008
Born April 30, 2008
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread: