Anyone buy a windblocker from windblox? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2009, 02:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Anyone buy a windblocker from windblox?

I found these guys a while back, but wasn't really shopping back then.

Anyone purchase from these guys before? Any comments/feedback?
Windblox Pontiac Solstice Windblocker[mod edit:: link to non-supporting vendor removed - product may be mentioned but no links may be posted]

They have both the V1/trunk mount and the V2/cabin mount styles, optional lexan, tint, etc.

Last edited by MomsSol; 04-29-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Carbon Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2009, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

I did this last February. I ended up sending it back for a full refund. It is really too thick to work properly. After I installed it, I started having problems latching my top. Having the Windblocker in place caused my top "hook" to become out of alignment. I removed the Windblocker and it still did not latch properly. I had to take it to the dealer to re-adjust and now the top does not seal as tightly as it did before. Also to get the trunk to close, with it in place, I had to slam it several times after every opening. The company was easy to work with and quick on my refund once I sent it back to them.
smidtracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds to me like you have the V1/trunk mounted style correct?

I want the V2/cabin mounted style. So that should take care of the trunk closing problem. And hopefully, but being moved forward 3" or so, hopefully that will help with clearence issues with the top as well.

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidtracing View Post
I did this last February. I ended up sending it back for a full refund. It is really too thick to work properly. After I installed it, I started having problems latching my top. Having the Windblocker in place caused my top "hook" to become out of alignment. I removed the Windblocker and it still did not latch properly. I had to take it to the dealer to re-adjust and now the top does not seal as tightly as it did before. Also to get the trunk to close, with it in place, I had to slam it several times after every opening. The company was easy to work with and quick on my refund once I sent it back to them.
Carbon Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Sky View Post
Sounds to me like you have the V1/trunk mounted style correct?

I want the V2/cabin mounted style. So that should take care of the trunk closing problem. And hopefully, but being moved forward 3" or so, hopefully that will help with clearence issues with the top as well.

Thanks for the feedback!
Correct. With it being 3 inches forward it should not interfere with the top.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #5 (permalink)

I purchased one from them some time ago, and the width of the windscreen is 1/8 inch thick, which is the same width (I believe) as other vendors. I did upgrade my windscreen to the lexan version though. Given the thin space back there, I wanted all of the strength I could get. For the time I've had the windscreen, it's been working out great for me.
MyBlueCar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2009, 12:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

I purchased a V1 from them about a year ago. It does a good job on cutting down wind buffeting inside the cabin. If and when I switch to a V2 , if it is a Clear One I will go with Them. Otherwise if I want a etched one I will go with a WR. If I had it to do over I would get the WR. Just my opinion based on what I have read on this forum over the last year.
Hope this helps.
Tom
Old 07-18-2009, 03:46 AM   #7 (permalink)

If you want to do this right, I would go with a WINDRESTRICTOR (WR) V2.

Stephen and the entire family are 100% dedicated to customer service. If you have an issue with one of their products or require support, they are a phone call or email away and respond promptly. I have witnessed them bend over backwards to make things right for their customers.

Not sure if you are looking to have it etched with custom graphics or going with an illuminated version... If you are, they now have a license to use GM logos. If you are looking to personalize the graphics, they are extremely creative with designs.

Don't need to take my word for any of what I said either.... Thumb around here on this forum or any of the other KAPPA forums. You will find many posts on their products and you will also see how well they treat their customers.

Hats off to Windrestrictor for being one of the best supporting vendors on the forums
BIO Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 AM   #8 (permalink)

Following-up to this thead, I went with the WB solstice windscreen. Looking them both over (the WB and WR versions), I got the impression both would serve you well, but went with the windblox version since it was a little less and seemed a little taller. I've used this screen on my car, it fits well, and I'm pleased (as well as the wife).
DeepEnder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIO Hazard View Post
If you want to do this right, I would go with a WINDRESTRICTOR (WR) V2.

Stephen and the entire family are 100% dedicated to customer service. If you have an issue with one of their products or require support, they are a phone call or email away and respond promptly. I have witnessed them bend over backwards to make things right for their customers.

Not sure if you are looking to have it etched with custom graphics or going with an illuminated version... If you are, they now have a license to use GM logos. If you are looking to personalize the graphics, they are extremely creative with designs.

Don't need to take my word for any of what I said either.... Thumb around here on this forum or any of the other KAPPA forums. You will find many posts on their products and you will also see how well they treat their customers.

Hats off to Windrestrictor for being one of the best supporting vendors on the forums

Thank you BIO HAZARD! We do our best to provide a top quality product but even more than that we stand behind it 100%. If anyone ever needs anything at all please do not hesitate to contact me at Stephen@windrestrictor.com or give me a call at 972-487-5987.

Forum members receive 10% off when purchasing, use the following code.
Solforum10

WindRestrictor® Custom Windscreen, Laser Etched Illuminated Windscreens, High Quality Wind Deflectors

Forum Discount Code:Paul

Inquiries Sales@windrestrictor.com

Call to order 972-487-5987

www.kingpennindustries.com
Windrestrictor! is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #10 (permalink)

I didn't...
jeff465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEnder View Post
Following-up to this thead, I went with the WB solstice windscreen. Looking them both over (the WB and WR versions), I got the impression both would serve you well, but went with the windblox version since it was a little less and seemed a little taller. I've used this screen on my car, it fits well, and I'm pleased (as well as the wife).
I am glad that you are happy with your purchase, however you should know that they are not a supporting vender and the rule is that we dont promote sales by non-venders in areas where we do have a supporting vender.

the vast majority of us have purchased a windrestrictor from King Penn Industries because they are very high quality, offer great graphics, outstanding service and have been a supporter of our forum for many years.

To the best of my knowledge you are the only person who has brought this subject in four years.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)

Amen Rob- Windrestrictors products have been proven to be of the highest quality and the customer service is Amazing. You can get hundreds of positive testimonials buy asking anyone who has ever delt with KingPenn Industries.
Maui Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #13 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I love mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Anyone buy a windblocker from windblox?-wr-1.jpg   Anyone buy a windblocker from windblox?-wr-2.jpg  

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff465 View Post
Been using mine for a couple of years now, still looks new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEnder View Post
Following-up to this thead, I went with the WB solstice windscreen. Looking them both over (the WB and WR versions), I got the impression both would serve you well...
I'd add Kappa to this list.
MyBlueCar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

I bought a windblox in the fall of 2012.
Just after I put it on the weather turned and I didn't even go for a ride after I installed it.
I can say that the smoke version that I bought is pretty dark.

I did contact the vender here about buying one from them. I was less than thrilled with
The way their ordering page works, not giving the shipping price for the U.S.

I emailed them for a shipping price for a basic wind screen. I received an email back
dealing with the total cost of an eched, lighted, hooked up the brack lights kit.

I asked a simple question that was not answered. How could I buy from them?

2008 Aggressive Solstice Base. [SIZE="2"](bought on the 2012 summer solstice)
davev is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.