Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

AWAAG! Finally a picture of a Solstice Coupe spoiler!

6K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  marksbug 
#1 · (Edited)
I have been looking for a long time for this picture which comes from an EBAY add selling a Solstice Coupe. It shows the coupe with a Cobalt spoiler installed.

I think it integrates well with the design, there was a better picture but I feel lucky to find this one (the forum). I have emailed the former owner asking him to confirm it is the Cobalt spoiler and to also confirm clearance for the rear hatch.

Does anyone have a better picture? What is your opinion on the spoiler, yes or no?

[/url]image url[/IMG]

See less See more
#3 ·
From my point of view it looks like the car has a factory spoiler on it already so if that's the case it has two spoilers not a big fan of that look but it's not my car .I know there are members who have put Cobalt spoilers on their cars and they look good .I think there are two different spoilers one that came on the coupe and a different one for the sedan .

#4 · (Edited)
#11 · (Edited)
Some nice examples posted, thanks to all who gave input. I am fixed on the look he achieved on his coupe.

By examination of the original pictures I determined it is not the Cobalt wing. The tip of the wing as show in the pictures is rounded and does not look like the cobalt wing. I was able to contact the original owner of the coupe as he still sells on EBAY. First off, Warning to Coupe owners, HE LOVED HIS COUPE AND IS ONE SORRY DUDE HE EVER SOLD IT!

He indicates it was not the any of the Cobalt spoilers, "it was generic" and "we made it work" meaning it did clear the rear window. He could not remember who makes it. After searching EBAY I found this spoiler which is my best guess as to the source. It is available in 54 inch size which would stretch to the middle of the tail lights. With or without led's for third light, pricing from $180. Still not sure this is it.

[/url]jpg images[/IMG]

#15 ·
No after market spoiler I've seen, including that one, looks as good as the original body.

#19 ·
There is a history of spoilers on Pontiacs, mind you (my overlapping Pontiac ownership).

#21 ·
Yes, that was what GM chose to put on the cars - most over the top wing since the Plymouth Superbird. Not sure it actually did much, and I eventually got so used to having it (both my Fieros had them) that the Fieros without wings started to look naked to me!.

#22 ·
I wish i could afford a norms coupe top....but I kant, those days are past...cancer sucks. and bad DR's suck worse. perhaps some day i will get around to putting this truck top on my sol...or not. I still thinking on it...( EDAG TOP) I kinda wish i had got a oe coupe top from a crashed or something and .......dam those days seem to be gone too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.