Forum is slow these days - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Forum is slow these days

Do not see a lot of posting on the boards like we used to in years past. I wonder what's up. Maybe with all are help. The peeps no longer need there questions answered.
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Werks cooler
Werks HI Flow cat
Trifeca Tune
Sprint Booster Adjustable
DDMWorks Trunk & Hood Led Lights
DDMWorks Coated Valve Cover
DDMWorks Oil Catch Can
DDMWorks Coil Cover
DDMWorks Tubes
DDMWorks Inline fuel
K&N C.A.I.
Custom backup camera install
Kazera KZ-D Wheels
Falken 612+
Spoiler from The spoiler company
Plus to much else to list.
shreve1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2013, 03:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

On top of the fact that most of the questions have been asked, winter is usually a slow time anyway.
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to MomsSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
On top of the fact that most of the questions have been asked, winter is usually a slow time anyway.
And, most every type of mod possible is mentioned somewhere. But, in the Winter it most certainly slows down. Once Spring comes it will pick up.

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
MomsSol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 05:24 AM   #4 (permalink)

Re: Forum is slow these days

Hopefully it picks back up come spring...

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using AutoGuide App

2006 Pontiac Solstice - 76 SSM
-Garrett GT2876R Turbocharged
*Tuned by SMG Performance

1992 Ford F-150 300CI "Big Six"

1986 Ford Mustang LX Notch
-In the middle of a frame off restoration...
2.4solstice06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2.4solstice06 View Post
Hopefully it picks back up come spring...

Sent from my IdeaTabA2109A using AutoGuide App
It will, it always does, I'll bet my Sol on that.
----------------OOPS, I forgot the"U"^
Old 02-13-2013, 05:50 AM   #6 (permalink)

Remember, there is no Sol without u.

I'm wrapping up operation "Zenyata Miata" - a friend and colleague has a 94 Miata that he strictly "bought to drive". Even uses it to run errands for his company. In light of all the "government jobs" he's done for me (owns a tool and die shop) I told him that since I have the equipment and supplies I wanted to detail his car out and see how far I could bring his paint back. Just about done with it. With his permission, I'll post before and after pics.

Once that's done, I'll be tinkering with the Sol again on my winter weekends. I ordered a replacement hood blanket and fasteners, which I hope will be in shortly. Also ordered the hood letter "inlays" from ASAP graphics which I intend on painting to match the purple I used on the calipers. As with all good projects, once I get started on that I'm sure I'll come across others before I finish it!
Old 02-13-2013, 05:57 AM   #7 (permalink)

I will tell you what's up. Some of the older members get "cranky" when questions are asked that have been asked in the past. Thus the new members that would keep the forums going, won't post anymore and go elsewhere to get help. I have seen it and been involved in it on more then one occassion here on this forum. If you don't believe me, I belonged to a Mustang forum where this went on....the forum was lively until a few certain members started scolding newcomers about certain things. The forum is basically a ghost town today. So my advice to the older members is, don't criticize, get nasty with and/or publically humiliate new members when they ask questions.
The_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Dude, that's the basics of any forum on the net. Always use the search function when you're joining because you can bet that your question was already answered. This is true in life as well where people assume they're special and expect others to jump at their requests.

When people show that they at least put forth minimal effort, they are not treated the same way.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 06:58 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by idkfa View Post
Dude, that's the basics of any forum on the net. Always use the search function when you're joining because you can bet that your question was already answered. This is true in life as well where people assume they're special and expect others to jump at their requests.

When people show that they at least put forth minimal effort, they are not treated the same way.

(I agree )
Old 02-13-2013, 07:45 AM   #10 (permalink)

I asked several questions here ,can't say I have run into that issue.I have had some great experiences here,members have treated me as a newbie and helped me along and kindly telling me the question had been asked several times and directed me to where the answers were.If and when I really got stuck ,I have had people (Tomato,Ghost and a few others) damn near spoon feed me the answers.I deeply respect them for their patience,I have learned a ton for members here,sometimes people just get frustrated and are so new they have absolutely no clue as to how to get a resolution to their problem.All in all ,this is a great site ,no complaints here.
fosti is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #11 (permalink)

It's a legitimate concern and I can see both sides of it. I've also seen people bristle at anyone who suggests the search so much that they don't even realize the suggestion also contains a link (or multiple links) within that very response.

I always try not to step on toes and I've found everyone to be helpful here. However I've also compared this little "cult" to be like heroin users. We try to justify our behavior by trying to get more people indulging in the same behavior (mods, detailing, tweaking, etc.) My better half hasn't really had a problem with the minor $$ I've put into the Sol thus far, but I'll admit I've backed up some of my actions with "Yeah, but you should see what Rob the Elder has done to HIS."
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)

Using the search function has some value, but it mostly works off of a key word and gets all posts with that key word in it. It's not as phrase specific as doing a Google search.

Also people would rather have a dialog with one or more people as opposed to sifting through a database of possible relevant answers to a specific question.

That's why they call this a forum.
Vin # 3963
Sent to Mallett 2-21-07
Delivered 5-11-07 # 007 "Beast"
LS-2 400 HP/368 RWHP
Magnaflow Custom True Dual Exhaust
RedSkyMan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
LOL

I find answering questions a challenge. To my memory and technically.

I do agree that how people are treated in the first few days and weeks on the forum tends to affect the frequency with which they come back and participate.

The Sky forum is pretty much dead right now and I believe that is at least partially attributable to the negativity that gets heaped on "dumb" questions by a small minority of long term owners over there. I know of several formerly active members who withdrew because of the vitriol to which they were exposed.

Basically people come back because they get something out of the investment in time and energy. If every time you show up and open your mouth you get kicked in the teeth (in your own mind - perception is reality) then you stop coming back.

I also find it fascinating that a LOT of members are very active for months or even years and then just disappear . .. for what ever reason. They have hundreds or even thousands of posts over the course of more than a year, then just . .. nothing.

There is no explaining people's behavior but I believe that the more interesting the discussion and the more accepting the atmosphere, the more active the group as a whole will be.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkyMan View Post
Using the search function has some value, but it mostly works off of a key word and gets all posts with that key word in it. It's not as phrase specific as doing a Google search.
Erm. Look at the top left. See that Google logo? It IS a Google search, just scoped to this site.
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
LiquidPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 11:25 AM   #15 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

I pretty much with RTE in his previous message. I try not shut down a newbie on this forum, as I've had it happen to me on other forums and I know as a result I am not as willing a participant in the future on those forums.

I also try to remember that not everyone else out there has my abilities to use the available search tools to their best ability.

So, keep asking and a few of us will probably keep answering!

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.