Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Front bumper-base vs. GXP model

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  larryrice 
#1 ·
I need advise, can I install a base model front fascia on an 07 GXP model? This car now has an ugly aftermarket unit with cheap expanded metal grille inserts. Please advise, this car still has the fog lights hidden behind the fascia.
Larry Rice

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

Several owners have installed GXP front bumper covers on NA cars but I don't remember anyone going the other way

They are basically interchangeable but the foam energy absorber is different. It needs to be trimmed on an NAtofit a GXP cover. I'm not sure if it will need to be trimmed or not

Of course the other difference is the lack ov brake cooling inlets on the NA bumper

If you like that look better, go for it. Just expect you may need to do some extra effort to install it

#3 · (Edited)
Pretty sure a base bumper will not fit due to the GXP intercooler.

Note; these are parts department diagrams only and may not show every miscellaneous part or nut and bolt.

GXP 2.0 fascia parts diagram.
[/QUOTE]

Base 2.4 fascia parts diagram.

#6 ·
Your "ugly" front bumper cover, might be a really nice aftermarket bumper. Norm makes custom bumper covers for our vehicles. Furhtermore an NA bumper first will not have brake ducting for your front brakes. Second it will not have grill work for your IC. Your IC needs cool air or you it will not work and just be pushing super heated air back into your motor. I would not recommend an NA bumer cover on a GXP. I don't know where you live, but if you live in a warmer climate, this might even cause your car to overheat because of the hot air you'll be pushing into the motor.

#8 ·
Thanks to you all for good advice. I will stay with the GXP front fascia. I will send pictures as soon as I figure out how this is done. The bumper cover is an RK Sports unit. The fascia needs to be sanded, primed, and repainted. The paintwork was not properly prepared, it is peeling at the edges. There are some scratches along the bottom. Any interest?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.