Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

A heart felt apology

1K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  skersfan 
#1 ·
I try to call things as I see them. I made some comments about Norm on this site that were not positive in nature.

After meeting him at the National, I realized I could not be farther from correct. He is a perfectionist, is working his butt off to get things to people. He has standards that he has to meet. Those standards far exceed the normal person. I respect his efforts, his dedication to the way he wants things done and to appear.

I was fortunate to spend an hour or so with him during the Nationals. A wonderful person, and great craftsman that is still dedicated to our Kappas.

I was 100% off base, and I truly apologize for my comments and thoughts. Thank You Norm for spending your valuable time with me and for the kind words about my car.

Bob

#3 ·
Yes,I have several parts and pieces from Norm. When I first started dealing with him, I was frustrated that stuff would not arrive on schedule. But, once I received the pieces, and realized just how perfect they are, I came to realize that my philosophy and Norms are very much aligned. It is far better to take the time to make things right, then to rush through an inferior product. Some things are worth waiting for.

Norm is a perfectionist and an artist. You can't fit that into a production schedule.

#5 ·
Same experience for me ! Worried by delays until actually seeing the pieces and knowing the quality first hand. So worth any wait to get personally crafted to perfection custom parts . Nothing better than quality delivered !

Reactions: King-Oka
#6 ·
After meeting Norm myself I would have to say that in my opinion he is a very humble man! Very dedicated to his work and his customers! He has supported the Kappa platform cars to the best of his abilities and continues to do so to this day. He is very accommodating to the needs of others over his own personal wants and needs. I told him that in my eyes he is a Legend in his workmanship to be able to fabricate body parts for our cars. Thank You Norm!!!!

#8 ·
Dave had put a Norm's fascia on my car when it was out there that he had laying around. One of the side clips never fit quite right, but it didn't bother me and I didn't pay attention to it. mrs stuck & me were out on a cruise in Arkansas when we got a call from Ivy wanting to know if it was OK if Norm worked on our car. Check that...he was already working on our car. It was parked across from him most of the week and the more he saw the bad clip, the more it bugged him until he went over & fixed it. Bottom line: His parts would fit right.

Before Arkansas, I had never met Norm and only knew what I had seen and heard. The craftsmanship is fantastic, but be prepared to wait. After 5 minutes with the man, we ordered a single scoop hood & 2 vented fenders. Yeah, it'll take some time, but knowing what he puts into them will make it worth the wait. :yesnod:

#13 ·
I kind of like the new Sky hood he is working on...like his current hood but without the big heat extractors on each side. Very clean looking.

#14 ·
Hello and thankyou very much. It was a pleasure to meet you and you truly have a beautiful Mallet that needs to be seen. I really have a hard time truly expressing in words how much your support and all of my many loyal customers who have become friends means to me. I really appreciate the love and friendship from all of you. Thanks again from Norm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.