HIT & RUN by uninsured motorist! - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2012, 05:15 AM   #31 (permalink)

Report it to your insurance company and let them duke it out with the other company. I was rear ended last summer ( like my car isn't screaming red!) and my insurance (USAA) was great. The other driver had geico who took good car of "Hot Wheels" but she had no injury insurance. I had to have my back checked and I had a concussion and my insurance was awesome. (She hit me at about 40 mph and I was stopped with nowhere to go). They took my car to the Chevy dealer that specializes in corvettes and they did a great job. My body shop guy fell in love with my car and gave me status updates on "my baby".
Good luck getting your baby fixed! And big pick ups scare me, they change lanes onto me all the time - they don't look down!
G8rgirl99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
So basically it's the same as saying, she never gave the person permission to drive the truck that hit me, or that it was taken without her knowledge.
Around here I believe that is known as theft over (or under) $5,000. You may want to point that out to the police.

Team Solstice Folding@Home

2007 Solstice GXP - Yeller, Ebony Top, AC, NO spoiler, MSRP - ordered 06/09/15 - delivered 07/04/02 and it's pronounced zed, not zee! ;-)

Mods: Street edition headlights, Windrestrictor, Clearbra, Kitt brake light, chicklets removed, fake chrome turn signals
Canuck Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #33 (permalink)

sounds like you are getting screwed. Insurance is for vehicles, not people. Everyone that drives the vehicle is covered unless the policy expressly does not cover that person or anyone other than insured. Not covering a named person is smart if you have a teen driver that will not be driving your Ferrari, that way, adding said tenn to your policy will not increase the insurance on the Ferrari.

If truck ower is playing stupid, then the truck that was involved in the hit and run would be impunded pending investigation. That is unless Texas really has fallen off the map. It would be treated no differently than a stolen vehicle at that point. So if we reversed this and it was your stolen car that committed the hit n run, then your car would still be impounded now and there would be nothing you could do to get it back until the cops were finished with it. I have heard this taking months and then insurance companies buying it out anyway even for a small fender mishap....especially if there are impound/towing/storage fees.

Either way, it sux. Contact your insurance and let them fight for you. They have a better chance of winning. A lawyer will just get 1/3 of what he gets for you if he wins. Insurance companies battle like this everyday. Some insurance companies play well with each other also.
94 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, very rusty and 35s
07 GXP, Mean, manual-RIP 1Apr13 @14K miles

Last edited by juspimpin; 11-28-2012 at 02:07 PM.
juspimpin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #34 (permalink)

Yep, I'm going through my insurance company now. Let them handle it from here. I will keep everyone updated.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/357322/my-...?from=fb_share
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #35 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil View Post
Yep, I'm going through my insurance company now. Let them handle it from here. I will keep everyone updated.
That sounds like a great move to me.
carnut122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #36 (permalink)

Having gone thru this years ago, let me repeat- let your insurance handle it. In my case, it took about 3 years -but I eventually got a check from my insurance company for my deductible.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)

Unless she files a police report that the vehicle was stolen by him, she cannot also claim that she did not give him permission to use his vehicle so as a result, she is not responsible. So unless there is a police report with charges against him, she cannot get away with that. Sounds like her insurance is trying to take advantage of you.
Carbon Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Founding Member

I agree with the above statement and if she sticks to her story then he was driving a stolen vehicle.
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
LatinVenom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 PM   #39 (permalink)

Exactly, either she gave him permission, in which because he doesn't have insurance, her's kicks in, or she didn't give him permission, in which case he was driving a stolen vehicle, and she would have to file a police report to prevent her insurance from going after her. Her insurance shouldn't be going after you, they should be forcing her to either file a police report or making her pay for the deductible because as far as they would see it, if she doesn't file a report that her car was stolen, she did give him permission. She can always claim it was stolen, and she doesn't know whom stole it. But she wouldn't be able to claim it wasn't stolen, and they wouldn't go after her as a result. Just doesn't make sense.
Carbon Sky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2012, 11:22 PM   #40 (permalink)

they most likely know that your ins co will subrogate against them so they will be paying for the repairs later, but will not owe as much as your ins co only pays to the policy limit and if they (the at fault co) where handling your claim there is more you are entitled to, like a rental that is like your car which your ins co will not do and rental is usually an added endorsement you may not have. Every state has an insurance commissioner you can plead your case to as long as you have not retained an attorney; look on line for them at your state web site. In most states the driver ins co is the 1st responsible and the the car of the at fault person, so they (her co ) are definitly going to own the claim at some point. If you state is a no fault state they may have a mini-tort law the at fault co will have to pay your deductable up to $500, you can also check that at the state web site.

Good luck

http://s797.photobucket.com/albums/y...view=slideshow

racing stripes hood, Deck, sides, norm's defuser, fenders, skirts, frt spliter. flaps, eyelids, illum wind restrictor, LED side lights, wood grain dash, American flag caddie, red caliphers w/white ltrs, red wheel centers, fuse box cover, painted engine cover, invisible bra,Garage door opener, Debadged, turn signal/side mkr
MIKEsturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2012, 09:36 AM   #41 (permalink)

FYI: The mini tort law now grants up to $1000.00 in MIchigan, effective 11/1/2012
TomShadow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 12:58 PM   #42 (permalink)

Ug, this happened to a friend of mine. Luckily, she had $50K of uninsured coverage. The tricky part was, all claims had to first be paid out on her accident, before she could collect. So, it took about 8 months and a lawyer to finally get the check from the insurance company.
DeepEnder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2012, 03:32 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepEnder View Post
Ug, this happened to a friend of mine. Luckily, she had $50K of uninsured coverage. The tricky part was, all claims had to first be paid out on her accident, before she could collect. So, it took about 8 months and a lawyer to finally get the check from the insurance company.
I'm confused. If she was hit by an uninsured motorist, she would be the one filing a claim. What other claims were there?

'07 Sky
2.4L
5 speed
limited slip
chrome
leather
bright interior trim
Monsoon audio
AM/FM/XM/CD changer
Windrestrictor V2
Rusty Boltz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #44 (permalink)

Rusty you have to follow the Rright story to understand "A Guy was Driving Her Truck" & Red Devil was the one Hitby her Truck.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:39 PM   #45 (permalink)

UPDATE!
I am happy to say, after almost 2 months of me fighting with her insurance company, and almost giving up, they finally gave in and are mailing me a check to cover the damages and settle the claim. I had a lawyer friend of mine write up a threatening letter and that seemed to do the trick. The very next day I got the phone call that they wanted to pay me for the damage. Good news is that I already had it fixed for around $400 dollars a few weeks ago. I just could not sit around and wait with my baby dented up. The best part is that they are paying me $647, the cost of the highest estimate I got. So i actually will come out ahead. Now I can get my new wheels installed and body kit painted.
http://www.hulu.com/watch/357322/my-...?from=fb_share

Last edited by RedDevil; 01-19-2013 at 11:42 PM.
RedDevil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.