Managed to total my red NA - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 04:49 PM   #16 (permalink)

Friend of the family just dropped by to give me my new wheels. =D

Last edited by Jacoby Turley; 01-23-2013 at 09:04 PM. Reason: None
Jacoby Turley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 PM   #17 (permalink)

You are very blessed to be alive.Im glad to hear you made it through,and hope your recovery is fast and you dont suffer any permanent damage.
CONNER98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 05:49 PM   #18 (permalink)

That is why I hate most truck drivers....they EXPECT us to avoid them. They pull out in front of us and cut us off on the interstate at the last moment becasue they CAN and becasue they are bigger. I know there are many great truck drivers and have ridden with a few, but too many are elitest drivers with no care for others because they are at work.

I do not want this to turn into a bashing thread either (either against me or truckers). I only stated this because the OP stated it. None of us would blantantly hit a semi becasue he was wrong, we all know to expect it and defensively prepare for their actions.[/QUOTE]

Easy there hot rod.
I happen to drive 400 to almost 600 miles a day,depending on my route.
I can assure you while running onboard video, truckers arent your enemy.
We always get sold out.
I drive to Alabama 4 days a week,and back to Ga.My camera has tons of video of me getting sawed off,pulled out in front of,bright lighted by leos,its o.k. though.
Im not your typical mouth breathing,knuckle dragging driver.People have no idea that everything they use was delivered by a lowly trucker.
My day will start at 2am and most likely be home around 6pm
Old 01-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNER98 View Post

Easy there hot rod.
We always get sold out.
I drive to Alabama 4 days a week,and back to Ga.My camera has tons of video of me getting sawed off,pulled out in front of,bright lighted by leos,its o.k. though.
Im not your typical mouth breathing,knuckle dragging driver.People have no idea that everything they use was delivered by a lowly trucker.
I hear ya buddy. I've always had respect for truck drivers because I know its difficult to maneuver something that big with a bunch of little cars buzzing around you. I've always thought truckers should get their own lane just to make things easy on everyone, especially to make it easy on truckers. I contacted the highway patrol office and they wouldn't give me the guy's number, but they agreed to pass on a message for me. I asked them to let him know I don't want him to feel like it was all his fault or to feel guilty. I asked them to let him know I'm going to make a full recovery and that I'm sorry for throwing a monkey wrench in things for him.

Really, more than anything, I just hope the other guy isn't mentally traumatized, because all my damage is physical, and that'll heal.
Jacoby Turley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

[QUOTE=Jacoby Turley;1109253]I hear ya buddy. I've always had respect for truck drivers because I know its difficult to maneuver something that big with a bunch of little cars buzzing around you. I've always thought truckers should get their own lane just to make things easy on everyone, especially to make it easy on truckers. I contacted the highway patrol office and they wouldn't give me the guy's number, but they agreed to pass on a message for me. I asked them to let him know I don't want him to feel like it was all his fault or to feel guilty. I asked them to let him know I'm going to make a full recovery and that I'm sorry for throwing a monkey wrench in things for him.

Really, more than anything, I just hope the other guy isn't mentally traumatized, because all my damage is physical, and that'll heal.[/QUO

Your a great guy for going to those lengths in your condition.I hope you are feeling better,and as I driver I thank you for thinking about the driver.He may not deserve it,but its nice to hear
Old 01-20-2013, 06:36 PM   #21 (permalink)

Easy there hot rod.
We always get sold out.
My day will start at 2am and most likely be home around 6pm[/QUOTE]

EASY to you too Conner-
I said I didnt want this to turn into a bashing thread and I meant it. I was surprised to see a comment tho, just one conner. I also said there are some great truckers out there.

I am not your normal trucker basher. I drove mostly tankers in the Army and I had a CDL and drove a truck for just over 2 years. Met alot of drivers and drove teams with a few. I have a skewed view of truckers due to my driving partner and trainor. It has continued since hanging up my trucking keys so to say. I also chose to get out because I did not fit.

Jacoby-I was interested where you hit because I worry about driving under them. Due to damage I was thinking you hit an axle because I was not thinking about a lowboy even tho I had a HET in the Army for a few miles. I showed this to my wife and she has a better appreciation for the Sol now.

I wish you well Jacoby in your future healing (and car searching) endeavors.
94 Bronco XLT, 5.8L, very rusty and 35s
07 GXP, Mean, manual-RIP 1Apr13 @14K miles
juspimpin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:19 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CONNER98 View Post
I know George W. Bush signed a law extending the hours truckers could be on the road, but getting up at 2 AM and not home until 6 PM???

No bashing intended at all, but for both your sake and the sake of the people on the road around you, I hope you don't fall asleep at the wheel of your truck or personal vehicle.

In the interest of full disclosure, yes, a friend of mine was hit by a truck driver that fell asleep at the wheel. (Fortunately, no one seriously injured).
Radio Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #23 (permalink)

Ho - Lee - CRAP! Glad you're doing as well as you are! Hang in there and I hope your optimism isn't just the pain killers talking!
Old 01-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #24 (permalink)

The election is over ~ give it a rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Doc View Post
I know George W. Bush signed a law extending the hours truckers could be on the road,
Ancient history. What does that have to do with anything?
If it was such a problem your hero president zer0 would have fixed that by now via executive order.

Back2topic: Good luck JT with your recovery and hunt for a new Solstice!
KappaKadet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:28 AM   #25 (permalink)

Whoa, what a mess! Glad you survived and have such a positive take on it all. I like the idea of swapping out the emblem when you get your new ride. To some thinking of taking this thread in a different direction, let's show a little respect to the OP.
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 AM   #26 (permalink)
ken

Hope you have a quick recovery and get back out there soon.
ken is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KappaKadet View Post
Ancient history. What does that have to do with anything? If it was such a problem your hero president [rude name deleted] would have fixed that by now via executive order.
1) Because I don't remember the specific year, I mentioned it to calibrate the time frame and to point out that this is a relatively recent law.

2) Too bad that an ACTUAL FACT, a matter of public record, upset you so much...

3) Your rude comment notwithstanding, I still have serious concerns for the safety of both the general public AND for the truck driver when the truck driver is staying "awake" that long.

4) I don't know about our current President doing anything about repealing the Bush law, but the following groups ARE trying to have it overturned:

WASHINGTON - August 28 - Advocates for Highway and Auto Safety, Public Citizen, the Truck Safety Coalition and the International Brotherhood of Teamsters late Thursday filed the initial legal brief in the third round of litigation seeking to overturn the longer truck driving and work hours the Bush administration imposed in 2003.

In the petition, the groups asked the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia to overturn the hours-of-service rule issued Nov. 13, 2008.

5) I sincerely hope no one in your family is injured or killed by by a truck driver falling asleep at the wheel.
Radio Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drgronk View Post
To some thinking of taking this thread in a different direction,

let's show a little respect to the OP.
---------------->
KappaKadet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #29 (permalink)

Love your attitude, Jacoby. Keep your spirit strong. We're ALL pulling for you!
jeff465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
You are looking batter already!

Well, relatively....

I am assuming that the insurance companies are taking care of you. Take it easy for now.

There are several events in my life that I wish I could not remember, most of te 60s as a matter of fact. 1967 for sure.....

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.