Middle Tennessee Sols/Skyes - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 05:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Middle Tennessee Sols/Skyes

We are in the Middle Tennessee area (Lebanon/Carthage/Cookeville) and would like to go on some runs/cruises this sping, summer and fall with other Sol and Sky lovers. If there are any others in this area who would like to do the same, just pm me and we'll see if we can plan some outtings.
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2 (permalink)

I'm in North GA and might be interested depending on date and location.
carnut122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post
I'm in North GA and might be interested depending on date and location.
Great. We'll keep in touch and wait for warm weather!
Old 01-19-2013, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)

There may be some additional interest. Somebody tried to get a fall run together for the GA, TN, NC, and SC area and gave up after there was little interest. My Fiero club had about 15 Solsti and Skys show up to one of our runs about 4 years ago. Maybe they sold their cars or aren't as "enthusiastic" anymore?
Old 01-19-2013, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

You can add 2 Sols to the list. We're in Chattanooga but certainly don't mind a road trip to get wherever the fun is.

'06 Cool, 3 Pedal....Adopted - June 2012
Mods:
Debadged; VDI Doors; DDMWorks 3/8" Backbone; Custom Shifter; Custom A-Pillars; Opel GT Antenna; Splash Guards;
Grilles painted Black; Custom Bodywork by The 6-Point Buck!!!

Freaky Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2013, 01:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

You can count me in! I'm from Knoxville, but would love to drive out there for a group run! Keep us informed!
drummer865 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Tiki View Post
You can add 2 Sols to the list. We're in Chattanooga but certainly don't mind a road trip to get wherever the fun is.
Fantastic!!! In fact, a cruise down and around Chattanooga would be a wonderful trip, indeed! I will keep in touch.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Chattanooga would be fairly central to all respondents thus far.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnut122 View Post
Chattanooga would be fairly central to all respondents thus far.
Exactly what I was thinking! Getting anxious for drop-the-top weather!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hell, a run from Chattanooga through the mountains there sounds like fun to me. I'm very familiar with the Smokies out here, (east tn) but not so much the cumberlands up there.
drummer865 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Freaky Tiki - maybe you could head us up on a cruise through your beautiful area!
Old 01-31-2013, 07:30 PM   #12 (permalink)

Not trying to get out of anything, but there are 3 problems I can think of with me heading up a cruise here.
1) I know a few mountain roads around here but they are all heavy traffic areas making them unsuitable for cruising. I know there are some good ones further out of town but I just haven't ever driven them before and wouldn't want to take people on a drive unless I was sure I could meet their expectations (certainly wouldn't want people to drive here and feel it was a waste of their time). I could check out these other roads and see what I could come up with but that leads me to reason 2.....
2) I'm presently working around 80 hours/week which isn't leaving me time for much more than sleep and a couple hobbies I am struggling to maintain.
3) Hell I can't even remember what reason 3 was now but I'm sure it was a doosy

I will try and see what I can come up with but it may take awhile. In the meantime, anyone familiar with around here, maybe North Ga mountains, or even some of the NC areas may want to see what they can do. We will definitely participate as long as work doesn't try to spoil more of my fun...

Mods:
Debadged; VDI Doors; DDMWorks 3/8" Backbone; Custom Shifter; Custom A-Pillars; Opel GT Antenna; Splash Guards;

Old 01-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #13 (permalink)

80 hours a week! ACK!!! That's WAY too much time at work, but gotta make money to gas up the Sol. Better put in for a vacation day now!! I'm not too familiar with the Chattanooga area - have been there a couple of times and went up to Lookout Mountain for the day. It's beautiful and I'm excited about cruising down there again. I'll do some research and see if I can come up with a little trek for us. I don't think we need anything with extreme curves like the Tail of the Dragon, but maybe we can find some twists and turns for a thrill and then get a bite to eat somewhere - The Marble Slab or the Creamery? MMMMMMMM This will be fun, even if we don't have any kind of planned out schedule. Spontaniety is the best, anyway!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Sounds good....let me know if you come up with anything...maybe need someone to test a route out

Mods:

Old 02-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Celeste : ........ This will be fun, even if we don't have any kind of planned out schedule. Spontaniety is the best, anyway!
Yes and no. Detailed schedules certainly aren't necessary, but you do want a general plan so that you can confirm that the Mushroom Festival isn't happening that day, or that cute little restaurant isn't closed for vacation this week. I have had both happen to me, and it is less than fun when your delightful meal turns into a really late lunch at the McDonald's by the Interstate.
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
JRinKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.