Middle Tennessee Sols/Skyes - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRinKY View Post
Yes and no. Detailed schedules certainly aren't necessary, but you do want a general plan so that you can confirm that the Mushroom Festival isn't happening that day, or that cute little restaurant isn't closed for vacation this week. I have had both happen to me, and it is less than fun when your delightful meal turns into a really late lunch at the McDonald's by the Interstate.
So true!! We'll do some planning to avoid the pitfalls! Hopefully, FreakyTiki and my hubby will not have to work on the day we choose!!
Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #17 (permalink)

I'm in

I'm from the murfreeseboro area. I would love to meet up with some guy or gals and go for a cruise.
shortmann214 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 06:14 PM   #18 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to Kartstud98
I'm in Knoxville, but would join.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Excellent!! Hopefully, by mid April the weather will be good and we can cruise!! If any of you are familiar with the Chattanooga area, especially the roads with great twisties, let us know!
Old 03-12-2013, 11:08 PM   #20 (permalink)

If my count is correct, we have 7 cars. Also, there is a couple who lives up the road from me with a Silver Sol. I'll stop and talk with them to see if they might be interested. That could make 8 cars and if JRinky joins, that makes 9. JRinky, will you maybe join us?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #21 (permalink)

We may be in once plans become a little more solidified. Direction doesn't matter.

2007 Aggressive GXP
Solo Street Race Exhaust
Side-panel Rebadge (GXP)
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...5&postcount=12
Curt 11119 Trailer Hitch
Trifecta Budget Tune
mcurrier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcurrier View Post
We may be in once plans become a little more solidified. Direction doesn't matter.
HOORAY!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 10:19 PM   #23 (permalink)

I'm researching possible twisty roads and found one that is about 20 miles northeast of Chattanooga. The motorcyclists call it the Ocoee-Blue Ridge-Fort Mountain Loop and begins around Collegedale, TN. It is indicated to be about 150 miles and takes approximately 4 to 6 hours. Here's what Motorcyclist Shadow56 says about this route in the Open Road Journey website:

"This route takes you from Collegedale, the home of Little Debbie Snack cakes, through the beautiful Ocoee Gourge. Then down to Blue Ridge, Georgia where on the way you can stop and sample some of the regions best apples. From there you can browse the quaint shops and pick up something to drink in Elljay, Georgia before you head out to tackle the scenic vistas of Fort Mountain. Next you ride through Chatworth, Georgia where you could stop for a bite at one of the authentic many Mexican restaurants. Then you will be riding the back road of Georgia and Tennessee to complete the trip back to Collegedale. This is a motorcycle ride in the states of Tennessee and Georgia. This motorcycle route has 4 scenery characteristics and other road conditions to help you plan your road trip."

This seems a little long but I thought I'd let ya'll see it. It would be a weekend trip instead of a day trip. I will continue looking for other routes and will let you know if I find any more. Oh, and ya'll can search, too, and let me know. Pretty please!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #24 (permalink)

Well, I'm fairly certain my husband will have to work all Saturdays until next fall. So I'll need to make this a one-day Sunday cruise. I am not familiar with the Chattanooga area and the only other twisty road I could find near there is a drive up Lookout Mountain, but it's only an 8 mile trip. The twists are good, though, and it is beautiful. We could stop on top and have a bite to eat, wonder around the park, come down into Chattanooga and visit the Marble Slab Creamery. Just a thought. I will keep searching and if anyone comes up with any ideas, please, please, please let me know. No matter what we do, we'll have a great time!!!!
Old 03-14-2013, 09:49 PM   #25 (permalink)

Found another one - it's 36 miles and is State Route 156. It looks like a great one, too!
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 AM   #26 (permalink)

Sorry I kinda disappeared on you Celeste. Work has really been interferring with my fun lately.

If you can send me more info, maps, descriptions, etc. of some of the routes you found I hopefully can give them a test run (maybe this next week).

'06 Cool, 3 Pedal....Adopted - June 2012
Mods:
Debadged; VDI Doors; DDMWorks 3/8" Backbone; Custom Shifter; Custom A-Pillars; Opel GT Antenna; Splash Guards;
Grilles painted Black; Custom Bodywork by The 6-Point Buck!!!

Freaky Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 08:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Tiki View Post
Sorry I kinda disappeared on you Celeste. Work has really been interferring with my fun lately.

If you can send me more info, maps, descriptions, etc. of some of the routes you found I hopefully can give them a test run (maybe this next week).
Will send you a pm.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:25 AM   #28 (permalink)

I'm in! Doesn't take me much to head out. I pull a Leesure-Lite.
Don Maddox
Ashville, Al
Oxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-27-2013, 07:51 AM   #29 (permalink)

I,m in N. Al, about 100 mi from Chattanooga ad am in on a ride there this spring. Just need a time and place. Smiles
Oxman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxman View Post
I'm in! Doesn't take me much to head out. I pull a Leesure-Lite.
Don Maddox
Ashville, Al
What is a Leesure-Lite?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.