Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Might be trading in

983 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ChopTop 
#1 ·
Have a 2009 Base wild color automatic with all options only 4290 miles on it excellent condition, what should I expect for trade in, one dealer said $9000 another $11,000

#2 ·
Those prices sound like retail, but if the dealer said they'd pay it, take it. Typically you get quite a bit less trading in than selling it yourself. It's a pretty heavy penalty for convenience and expedience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Also, I have to ask: 4290 miles? Do you not enjoy driving the car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Private sale wise I'm seeing almost any car w/that low of mileage asking high teens. Dealer wise I'd say they'd be selling if for mid-teens. Why not take some pics and offer it here for what the dealer is offering you for a couple of weeks.

#8 · (Edited)
A lot has to do with what you are trading it in on the dealer will offer you wholesale and figure in his costs as far as getting the car ready for sale .Another factor that comes into play is if the dealer has a market for this type of car and what I mean by that if you are trading it in on a Cadillac he probably has little demand for a used Solstice so he will either trade it to another dealer or ship it off to an auction all this effects his bottom line .I can understand not wanting to go through the hassle of a private sale and in reality these cars are currently all over the board as far as prices go the 11 grand seems reasonable . Just to add with anything you can negotiate a better price on your trade in especially if it's the end of the month (dealers want to get rid of inventory so they don't have to pay another months interest on a car ) and how bad the dealer wants to make a sale I just did this with a Crown Vic that I traded in and got a grand more for the car and a couple of extras on the car I purchased .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.