Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

My car is finally back on the road after my accident!!

2K views 36 replies 21 participants last post by  V10Venom 
#1 ·
Well, my car is finally back. I got it back friday and have spent most of this weekend driving around, cleaning, trying to fix things the dealer didn't, etc. It looks good, but still needs a lot of work after all of the things the dealer didn't do like aligning the hood good, rematching all of my lights, etc. But I'm happy to have it back and it looks amazing!! At least in my opinion. Here are some pictures for everyone.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think they should match the grill... but red might also look cool. We need somebody with photoshop to play with them for ya'.
But the REAL question is... Where did you get that hood??? And how can I get one like that???
That is freaking awesome!, and with a RKsport spoiler, it would look really cool.
Toad

#5 ·
It's the RK Sport Hood.

I was thinking black as I will be painting all of the other grills gloss black this week, but then I started thinking about it. They're pretty small so they wouldn't stand out too much with the red. They'd go along with the front emblem. Any more opinions??

#9 ·
That picture of the engine compartment was with the stock hood before the accident.

The nostrils are functional, but I believe RK has another piece you need to buy to make it actually functional into your airbox.

#10 ·
I'm glad you got her back. I know what you went through! My vote is to paint them black.

#11 ·
car is looking good Matt. Need some lowering springs there ? I have a set if your looking for a set ?

As for the hood. I would say try it in red to see the outcome. And it it doesnt look nice then you can always paint it back to black.

#12 ·
I have lowering springs sitting here waiting to go on. Thanks for the offer though. ;)

I think I'm going to try red, but it's like 50/50 right now. It may look tacky....

#13 ·
WOW!!! The hood, the wheels, all of the accents and then under the hood - Wow to the third power!! As far as the nostrils, I vote red to accentuate them but the shade of red won't make them look "tacky", it would be congruent to me. I can't wait to see he rin person - just outstanding Matt!!

#14 ·
Hey Matt - glad you got your car back and it is looking great! Please be careful - I fear that you may not be so lucky next time so let there not be a next time.

In my opinion, I would do the nostrils in black but that is me and I always tend to be subtle. Red would be good too so I guess it is up to you!

Cheers

#16 ·
Yeah, it sucks how much accumulates while you wait for your car.

Lowering springs
Stage II Clutch
DDM Pro-beam
Hawk Brake Pads
Black Side Markers
Xenon headlight bulbs

:willy: :willy: :willy: :willy:

And now I have to redo a bunch of stuff:

Black out grills
Red or black out nostrils
Paint the bumper bar
Reblack Fog light

#24 ·
Make the LEDs go back and forth just like KITT from Knight Rider! :yesnod:

#22 ·
It looks great, reminds me of the hood on my 71 Lemans Sport. My vote paint them black.

#23 ·
welcome back brotha! welcome back !!!!!!

#26 ·
fabulous !!!

looks fabulous !!!
congrats !!!!!

black or red ?? ........... i'd be leaning to chrome....prolly more $$$ and trouble but worth it..... figure it would .. set off the wheels

anyway you go - i'm sure will look fantastic

#27 ·
as far as the grill goes, I say red. you need something to POP on the hood.

#28 ·
I'm sure you're glad that your baby is back and very close to normal! Looks nice!

My vote for the hood is to match the grilles to the fascia. Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.