Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

My GM CAI System... Just in my Sol! Picture.

8K views 46 replies 25 participants last post by  toddwcpa 
#1 · (Edited)
http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=1/1615312331.jpg&s=x12

Here is what the GM CAI looks like installed. Love the sound. I don't know how to explain it, but the car feels more like a sports car now. Didn't have to wait, my GM Parts guy found one in a warehouse in Austin. Same deal with my splash guards. Someone here is stocking up on Solstice parts. Dealer charged me 1/2 hour labor. So much stuff came out of the engine compartment that I could barely find enough space in the Sol to get it all home. Notice the orange pre-filter filter bag with the GM Performance parts logo. Nice.

Chest Rockwell

#27 ·
LatinVenom said:
You can hear the KappaSphere at their Web site.
I looked there is no sound clip except for exhaust.

#28 ·
Just ordered the CAI (ebay), PA dealer told me they are out of stock in this area of the country, and Catback exhaust (in stock)
(dealer matched GMparts pricing),
will have it installed later this week will let you all know how it sounds/feels

I was uncomfortable with the Kappa, there is a posting on there web site that lists off road or track use only??? something like that. I was concerned about passing inspection, but mainly wanted to keep the car as stock as possible

#30 ·
MMMOVER said:
Just ordered the CAI (ebay), PA dealer told me they are out of stock in this area of the country, and Catback exhaust (in stock)
(dealer matched GMparts pricing),
will have it installed later this week will let you all know how it sounds/feels

I was uncomfortable with the Kappa, there is a posting on there web site that lists off road or track use only??? something like that. I was concerned about passing inspection, but mainly wanted to keep the car as stock as possible
this is the statement on the Kappa site...and probably a legal requirement until it gets CARB certified which is pending:

Our intake will be CARB legal and is currently being sold as Track Use Only.

once it gets its certification.....it will be fine....wondering if the GM CAI comes with a CARB certificate for posting in the engine compartment...anyone know??

#44 ·
And the aftermarket CAI you've installed is...home made? From a different vendor? Less tha $300...$100? Pictures?

#32 ·
got one cheaper...with appearance and durability.....GMs is almost 400....and most K&N FIPK kits....are 150-250 depending on the model....and there you get a piece of PVC pipe and a filter.....with the connections..

#34 ·
BRSolstice06 said:
if you don't like the price .... don't buy it .... just like the Solstice.
I second that. Money isn't an issue for some people. If you need a loan, lets talk some rates..

#36 ·
JT72 said:
I second that. Money isn't an issue for some people. If you need a loan, lets talk some rates..
I saw on your list that you have the CAI, which company is that from? But when I look at all the great mods that you have done so far it seems the price for the cromies at $25 is a bargain.

#37 ·
Wow, I phoned my local rip off GM dealer and they quoted me $518 for the CAI without install. And they still wonder why people don't like dealing with them.

#38 ·
last time I looked it was $367 at GMPD, install is a DIY if you can install a ceiling fan you can do this....couple of bolts and clamps.....

#39 ·
Yes the GM CAI is costly, but paid as much for a K&N CAI for my GMC Yukon!!
It is also a thing of beauty:
:cool:

#41 ·
I too love my Fujita CAI. I put mine on with 600 miles on the car and I haven't looked back one bit. :cool:

#42 ·
:agree: :agree: Same here, love it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.