New store - KAPPADAPT.com - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

Censored

Last edited by RedOne07; 03-22-2017 at 12:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 PM

That stainless clutch hose kit, reminds me of a forum post a couple weeks back . So I have a feeling this is a Kappa owner/enthusiast business.

Mr & Mrs ChopTop's 09 Fastback & 06 Vert Mods thread:http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...session-75468/ Original join date; Oct 2005 under LowLife handle.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 07:12 PM
AKA SolWhat?

Garage
If'n I remember correctly: Pontiac Solstice Forum - View Profile: Steelmesh

Those parts posts appear to be missing.

-or- I may have the wrong user.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741

post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:02 AM Thread Starter

He posted in the forum a while ago asking what approach was the best for selling Kappa aftermarket parts. The forum team probably deleted those posts.

Last edited by RedOne07; 03-20-2017 at 12:07 AM.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 07:56 AM

Yay, google CRAWLED it finally!!
RedOne07 likes this.

317whp/329wtrq 2006 Solstice #1458 AR5 LE5 Werks Turbo Kit Meth 16.5 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose, Kappadapt flywheel bolts, Kappadapt trans mount
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
That stainless clutch hose kit, reminds me of a forum post a couple weeks back . So I have a feeling this is a Kappa owner/enthusiast business.
Quote:
"Last edited by MomsSol; Today at 07:32 AM. Reason: Removed non-supporting vendor direct link per forum policy"
This is such a garbage policy, and it harms the community. There's not a lot of aftermarket support for these cars, OEM parts are drying up, and it's not like KAPPADAPT.com is in here spamming or self-promoting.

If forum members find a source for a part, moderators shouldn't go in and remove the information just because the source isn't paying to advertise (I am not saying that Kappadapt or others should be allowed to post advertisements.) AutoGuide isn't some shoestring operation, and the owner of the forum isn't operating the place out of pocket because they're a member of the community. That ended years ago when the forum was sold.

This happened with RPM Rollbars, where a user on the forum had a rollbar made, and it seemed nearly impossible for him to tell anyone where he had it fabricated without having the post removed. It's happened with others, too, I think.

Forum moderators- are you paid? I'd be surprised if you're anything but volunteers, and if so, why defend AutoGuide's interests at the expense of the community of Solstice owners who have such limited parts availability? We should be nurturing people who dip their toes into making us model-specific parts; there are so few of these cars, that it's very difficult to find any non-generic parts for us, and none of the big manufacturers are gonna bother. Stop chasing the new ones away before we have nothing.
Steelmesh and lexpioneer like this.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

Some one has edited my post without even informing me. Just fixed the post again
_username likes this.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:24 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to MomsSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by _username View Post
This is such a garbage policy, and it harms the community. There's not a lot of aftermarket support for these cars, OEM parts are drying up, and it's not like KAPPADAPT.com is in here spamming or self-promoting.

If forum members find a source for a part, moderators shouldn't go in and remove the information just because the source isn't paying to advertise (I am not saying that Kappadapt or others should be allowed to post advertisements.) AutoGuide isn't some shoestring operation, and the owner of the forum isn't operating the place out of pocket because they're a member of the community. That ended years ago when the forum was sold.

This happened with RPM Rollbars, where a user on the forum had a rollbar made, and it seemed nearly impossible for him to tell anyone where he had it fabricated without having the post removed. It's happened with others, too, I think.

Forum moderators- are you paid? I'd be surprised if you're anything but volunteers, and if so, why defend AutoGuide's interests at the expense of the community of Solstice owners who have such limited parts availability? We should be nurturing people who dip their toes into making us model-specific parts; there are so few of these cars, that it's very difficult to find any non-generic parts for us, and none of the big manufacturers are gonna bother. Stop chasing the new ones away before we have nothing.
Members can post the name of any company they deem helpful to the community. Forum policy states direct urls are not allowed.
By leaving the company name, any member can google to get to the company web page.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 05:31 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to MomsSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedOne07 View Post
Some one has edited my post without even informing me. Just fixed the post again
I have removed the url again because it is against forum policy. The company name can be googled if members are interested.

Editing posts does not require contacting the originator .... The reason for editing is always at the bottom of the post - thus the reason for no direct contact.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles

"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 08:41 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Editing posts does not require contacting the originator ....
Is a common form of decency,
_username, raygun and lexpioneer like this.
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 09:28 AM

Could not agree more with username this policy seems like nitpicking to me . I went on the website and it's not like this company is in direct competition with any vendor as far as products go .I do a lot of research into products that are related to a Solstice or Echotec engine and have found products that sometimes could help a member so I should not post this information ? . I have been a member since 2010 and have watched many members who I thought would be long time owners leave the forum . Our cars are getting older and Pontiac has been out of business for a number of years many people are not even aware that Pontiac made a Solstice it looks like it's going the way of the Fiero and sooner than later the products will slowly start disappearing . .Bottom line is I'm all for any information that's out there that can be used for our cars and as long as we our not stepping on a supporting vendor's toes the information should be available to everyone .
_username and raygun like this.
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting Ya View Post
Could not agree more with username this policy seems like nitpicking to me . I went on the website and it's not like this company is in direct competition with any vendor as far as products go .I do a lot of research into products that are related to a Solstice or Echotec engine and have found products that sometimes could help a member so I should not post this information ? . I have been a member since 2010 and have watched many members who I thought would be long time owners leave the forum . Our cars are getting older and Pontiac has been out of business for a number of years many people are not even aware that Pontiac made a Solstice it looks like it's going the way of the Fiero and sooner than later the products will slowly start disappearing . .Bottom line is I'm all for any information that's out there that can be used for our cars and as long as we our not stepping on a supporting vendor's toes the information should be available to everyone .
My strategy is to fill in the blanks and not so much compete with DDM, ZZP, Werks, BNR. I actually approached three of them last year to distribute the [insert custom manufactured product here], only one of them has responded and has put in orders. I use the same strategy for my monetized youtube channel, I find missing pieces as far as Youtube content, then fill this void with good quality content...and it works pretty good so that is what I am trying in real life.

So now what is now happening, instead of paying AG any money to market the products on their forums, I am giving fellow members free products to trial, and if they want they can make an organic post to talk about it. I see it as win win, member gets free stuff and I get around the anti-small guy rules...hopefully if the product is worthy and the owner is happy enough to talk about it. From my understanding, product reviews for non-supporting vendor products are allowed.

Another thing is, I feel like I am going to get banned for just talking about this stuff. Part of me says, "hit da AG buttons" to see the true colors of the forum but it would really suck to get banned. If I do get banned, well AG owns it they can do whatever they please, so nothing I can really do except shut up and get in line.
_username, raygun and lexpioneer like this.

317whp/329wtrq 2006 Solstice #1458 AR5 LE5 Werks Turbo Kit Meth 16.5 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose, Kappadapt flywheel bolts, Kappadapt trans mount
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Members can post the name of any company they deem helpful to the community. Forum policy states direct urls are not allowed.
So are you going to start erasing the links to Craigslist that ChopTop posts in the classifieds constantly?

What about links to parts on ebay? Those are pretty popular on the forum, and you can't pretend that eBay isn't making money if the item sells.

AutoGuide loads this forum up with advertisements, even to the point of turning individual words in our posts into links to ads. (If you weren't aware, try browsing the forum while logged out.) They are making a profit on this place with or without supporting vendors. They're not going to close it down due to a lack of forum sponsors, but the people who come here are harmed by this ridiculous restriction on sharing information. Besides, out of the 9 vendors who have their own subforums, ONLY 4 actually make Solstice/Sky specific products, the rest are just selling generic parts that happen to also fit our cars, and there's no chance any of those guys will actually make any specialized parts that we need.

It's not like becoming a supporting vendor guarantees some level of quality control or vetting; If that were the case there's one vendor who deserves getting booted off after Robert Ashby's experience. Specialized parts availability is a critical issue for Solstice & Sky owners, and the volunteer moderation team should be taking the side of the forum membership owners, not the side of the company that bought the forum. They can hire a paid moderation team if they care enough. Just turn a blind eye, and maybe someone like Kappadapt will have the chance to grow to the point where becoming a forum (or even better, an EVENT) sponsor is economically sensible.
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Guys,
please don't make this a bigger deal than it needs to be. You are absolutely free to share information on alternative sources of stuff for our cars. I have done it for years.

But we don't own this forum and the guys who do own it have established a set of rules that we need to follow.

There are lots of ways to share information about new cool stuff and suppliers without breaking the forum rules. Lets just keep sharing info and not turn this into a bitch session when it should be more about what kind of stuff the new guy provides and might provide in the future.

Red, forum administration has a different protocol than interpersonal relationships. The format of the editing includes the reason for the editing and historically when the admin fills out the reason that meets the standard for explanation.

Hope you understand.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 48 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 01:47 PM

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Did a quick look as suggested and found them on Amazon. Interesting.

Kappadapt Stainless Steel Performance Clutch Hose

They have a replacement for the clutch hose that factory is rubber and fails. Very cool

And I found it interesting that you can also buy their stainless steel clutch hose from PAW which IS a supporting vender.

Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 48 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
Punisher thread index
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f...ml#post1765649

Last edited by rob the elder; 03-21-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode