Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Seat height

7K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  wc.burnham 
#1 ·
Hi...I'm new here. Is there a good way to raise the seats in a 2006 Solstice? Thanks

#3 ·
#5 ·
Seats are held on to bolts welded to the floor (with nuts above the seat brackets). If the extenders work that way, then no reason they shouldn't work.

I did space mine a little bit with a couple of nuts below the brackets. But there's not a lot of spare room on the bolts, so maybe only 1/3 inch higher.

#7 · (Edited)
You can purchase a recycled drivers seat bottom with motor. If you are the primary driver, you can provide 12 volts to the seat cable and raise it to the highest position then swap it in for your existing seat base. That would raise you up several inches.

I bought a factory second divers seat after the factory shut down to convert the passenger seat in Punisher to adjustable but have not gotten the time yet.

#8 ·
Anyone know if the top of the power seat touches the vert roof when fully raised? On my 09 targa coupe, the top of the power seat easily touches the roof. The reason I like raising the seat so high is because I can roll the window down and rest my arm on the door. Just like you could when the car beltlines weren't so high back in the day.

I can still remember seeing smokers using the top of the car door as an arm rest, w/kids standing in the back seat while flying down the highway at 70MPH.

#9 ·
I don't believe mine does...but, I actually preferred my 06 as it sat lower than my 07.

#12 ·
I would caution than any added hardware be of the same grade as the existing hardware to prevent unforeseen failure in an accident and having the seat come off. Substantial insurance problems can happen to whoever makes the mods.

#15 ·
My wife's Solstice does not have the power seat height adjustment. She uses a towel for a little extra height. It also protects her from a hot seat. I have to have the adjustment on mine so that I can lower the seat. Because you might want to sell the car at a future date to a taller person is why I would change to an adjustable seat instead of just jacking it up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.