Seven years on this forum - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #16 (permalink)

I took my Car for a Test drive on Dec.16,2008 W/ .4 mileson it . I Put 197.6 miles on it and took it back on the 20th and bought it. I did some Lurking in here from around Oct,08 and Joined I think early Jan., 09 . I also joined KPF in Jan.09

(Oh one more thing) I 1st Saw these Cars on June18th at a job location.I ask the guy what it was (never Knew they made a Sports Car til then) I had sold my 47 Streetrod about 4 months before.When I told my Better 1/2 what my next Car would be , She said in these words ,I Quote " Honey you can't Own something you can't even prononuce " So from June till the 15th of DEC. I went to bed and would say the Name & then spell it I would say salsis.salstice,. On the 16th I told her I wanted to go But my new Car,she ask what I wanted and I said My SOLSTICE she said you know how to say it now . I said Yes & I'm gonna Get One to.

Been Spending $$$ ever since between My PT and Solstice And still working full time to Keep it Up. ( Would Not change anything ). This is what I had and have now.

https://sites.google.com/site/bobslilndn/

Last edited by 1 LIL NDN; 12-09-2012 at 07:37 AM. Reason: adding story
1 LIL NDN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2012, 07:39 AM   #17 (permalink)

Not so sure two years for me last month November..... I bought mine new the Solstice Coupe in Carrollton, Texas 3 years as an owner and 2 years off and on this forum. Now she has her home in deep south Texas. In the process of a daily driving and life’s other vicissitudes it sort of …well…still around. Unfortunately it has shown up, much like its owner, aged, in great shape and somewhat weathered by life’s encounters. I have many great memories in regard to this car. I often drive to South Padre Island and Laguna Madre Bay beautiful beaches, warm Gulf waters with breathtaking sunsets over the bay, night clubs and restaurants come alive with conversation, dining, music and dancing.
noted000120 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM   #18 (permalink)

28 yrs old and I'm already an "OLD TIMER" on this forum. LoL. I bought my soltice with 5mi on it and I now have 120+K And I've loved every minute. She was the last one in the whole car lot and I had to fight an old women for her. Leaking water pump,clogged cat,ect. I still love "MY SYNN". And people from this forum have always been a major helpping hand, thanks for all you "OLD TIMERS"
STEREO: ALPINE SPS-610C, PRECISION POWER 8"
DEBADGED
A.E.M: COLD AIR INTAKE
MAGNAFLOW: DUAL EXHAUST
GXP PARTS: BUMPER, SPOILER, FULL FE3 SUSPENSION
EIBACH SPRINGS: SPORT LINE
KAPPASPHERE: REBAR
DDMWORKS: RACE BACK BONE
NORMS FIBERGLASS: DUAL REAR DIFFUSER
ASAP.DIGITAL.IMAGING: SLOTTED BACK UP LIGHTS,SIDEMARKERS,THRID BRAKE LIGHT,TRANSFORMER OVERLAYS
It's not just a car, it's a lifestyle and a community.
SOLSTICE-D is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 11:38 AM   #19 (permalink)

If the forum has been around for 7 years, then it makes me wonder who has the oldest Solstice, and the one with the most millage? Have any members gotten 300K miles out of their great Solstice?
MyBlueCar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #20 (permalink)

Member since December 2005 - 2006, 2007 & 2009 Solstice

Been a member since December 2005. Saw the concept Solstice in Orlando in 2002 and said if they ever make one I will buy it. I have now bought three, two new and one used (the Coupe) with about 3,000 miles on it.

Ordered my first one April 2005 it arrived December 2005, 2006 Liquid Silver Solstice. Sold it April 2006 ordered my 2007 Mean Yellow GXP Solstice in May 2006 and it arrived November 7, 2006. Have 53,000 miles on it and it's going strong. October 17, 2012 picked up my 2009 Brazen (Orange Metallic) Coupe in Ohio and drove it home to Tallahassee that day. It has a little over 4,000 on it.

I LOVE my Solstices!!! Will keep them until the wheels fall off and then put the wheels back on and keep trucken.

If anyone is going to be in Central Florida February 9th please come to the 9th annual car show "Cars For The Cure".

Saturday February 9th 2013 is the date for the Cars For The Cure Car Show in Lake Mary Florida. This car show is for The American Lung Association and it is the 9th annual car show. This will be my 8th year at the show, it gets better each year. Please let me know if you are interested in going. Hope to see you there!!!!

Welcome to Cars for the Cure 2013

2009 Brazen (Orange Metallic) Coupe - Fujita CAI, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Soft Targa Top

2007 Mean Yellow GXP Solstice - Superchips Performance Tune, Fujita CAI, Kappa Intercooler Pipes, Hahn High Performance Intercooler, SOLO Performance GXP Mach Performance Exhaust & High Flow Cat, Yellow Top Radiator Hose, Chrome Turbo Cover

2006 Liquid Silver Solstice Previous Solstice

paw4764@yahoo.com

We live on Solstice Court (had the street name changed to Solstice)
MeanGXP-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #21 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Member here since October, 2005. Ordered on 4/15/2005 as a part of the Apprentice frenzy, and snagged the current car, which was delivered on 10/3/2005. Still have it, and still enjoy driving it.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM   #22 (permalink)

Glad to hear everyone has enjoyed their Solstice! Hope you get many more good years out of them!

Matt,

GM Customer Assistance
GMCustomerSvc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:07 PM   #23 (permalink)
Founding Member

February will be 8 years for me, about to get my 3rd Solstice. 1st one in Canada I believe serial number was 100921 if I remember correctly.
SOLSTZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Founding Member

Couldn't resist, looked it up ser.#100925
SOLSTZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2012, 03:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLSTZ06 View Post
Couldn't resist, looked it up ser.#100925
Cool story...

Could not resist

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2012, 12:03 AM   #26 (permalink)

Wow, has it really been that long already. Im guessing its gone so fast because you guys are the best. Here at the first Nationals with the first mods on a 06 that we did. Thanks again Norm

normsf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #27 (permalink)

Just checked my official forum join date (Oct 05) LowLife, but know lurked for awhile before joining. Forgot PW, rejoined as LowLife1 (Feb 08). Bought coupe 2009 and used 06 1st 1,000 vert in 10. 2012 PC crashed, changed name to ChopTop (Dec 2012), asked MS if possible to have new handle changed to original start date; nada Enjoying vehicles today as much when first bought and still enjoy forum & members.

Be cool to see a list of member start dates.

Last edited by ChopTop; 12-14-2012 at 09:33 AM.
ChopTop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM   #28 (permalink)

August of 2006 for me. Bought a shiny new '07 NA the same month. A car that was supposed to remain stock .

Oh well, I don't regret any of it. It was a fun ride. Been Sol-less for a little over a year now but still lurk now and then.

Sold: 07 Solstice, black, 5spd manual, convenience, preferred, and premium packages, LSD, Monsoon, XM, A/C, ABS, chrome wheels.
Mods: DDM Stage II SC, Probeam, Race Backbone. Solo SQR-2 catback. Norm's first Solstice rear fascia. JPM center console. DashHawk.
RevmanII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2012, 02:47 PM   #29 (permalink)

Bought new in '09 and continue to enjoy every second of it. Only have 31,179 on the clock.
Retired shortly after I got it so not too much driving to and from work.
But, it is definitely my daily driver. http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/i...s/thumbsup.gif
wine_lover is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2012, 11:45 PM   #30 (permalink)

Joined the forum early January '07 after getting an '07 Mysterious NA for Christmas '06. Went to the Nashville NASSM that year. Made the 'mistake' of test driving an '08 GXP in August '07 out of curiosity with no real intention of buying. Two hours later, mostly clean-up and paperwork, I wrote a check, left my NA there and drove the GXP home. Went to the '09 Denver NASSM. Just turned down a chance to trade my GXP for a '12 Camero 2SS strait across. See you at the '13 NASSM in Flagstaff.

One by one, our government is chipping away at our individual liberties. Don't let it happen.
Carpe Diem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.