Update #3 (final!) My EDAG Hardtop - Page 3 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #31 (permalink)

I know they are, but still not as cheap as the sol I have now, besides, theres somewhat of a sentimental connection here, so I'd rather turn it into what I want than sell it
2.4solstice06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-09-2013, 01:32 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King-Oka View Post
I also like the Norms top, except for the toilet bowl back hatch and that the b pillar doesn't seem to line up with the back of the window. (maybe it will).

I'll be interested in knowing how much when its done.
Nada, but neither is the OEMs. However, the coupes body integrated B pillar and coupes 90 degree coupe side window help to camouflage that line. Painting just the verts hardtop exposed B pillar portion could be painted black to better match the coupes integrated B pillar design.

Last edited by ChopTop; 01-09-2013 at 01:35 PM.
ChopTop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 01:33 PM   #33 (permalink)

Like I emailed Norm before. Let me know where you want the deposit. This is the one thing I have been waiting for to finish off my projects with the car. I have 2 more things to do with this car. Coupe top and a Roll Cage. Then I can say I'm done with my solstice project which started back in Nov 15 2005.
Suspension-Check
Brakes-Check
Seats-Check
Paint-Check
compression is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 01:48 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs314 View Post
Doesn't really bother me...it is still about aftermarket hardtops! I really do like the looks of Norms top but looks like there might be a bit of blind spot viewing out the back. Never paid much attention to that feature in factory coupes so do not know if they suffer from that problem. With the EDAG top, there is plenty of viewing area except for the fact of the heavily tinted windows. On my 4 X 4 truck with a fibreglass shell, tinted side windows, it does sometimes make it hard to see when backing out of my driveway. Have come close a couple of times backing out into oncoming traffic!
I figured your top would have much better rear vision. On a coupe, you can see out the back just fine when driving. The only issue I have is if you didn't check right behind the car before backing up. If there is something there you won't see it.

I had also read about the side view mirrors and putting the little round sticky mirrors in there to help with visibility, and as it turns out we hated those. The little mirrors are just fine if you have them adjusted properly, which is a must since the little side "windows" are really non-existant and you do have a side blind spot. If this car were actually driven daily in rush hour highway traffic, these are things that might bother me.
'09 Solstice GXP Coupe #492, Mysterious, Auto, 5822 miles.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM 3/8 Performance backbone
DDM Probeam
DDM Catch can, Tclamps and fender trim kit.
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

'95 Bronco, owned 18yrs, totally custom on 37's, my DD
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628
'11 Subaru Forrester, wifes DD.
Shadofax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #35 (permalink)

I absolutely love both hard tops. keep up the great work so I can decide which to get
rooster33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 07:52 AM   #36 (permalink)

Use this in both coupe and vert: Autobahn Mirror - Interior Accessories - Car Accessories - Griot's Garage

Granted doesn't really help in coupe with backing up but does with both vert & coupe blind-spot, driver-side passing maneuvers.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #37 (permalink)
Founding Member

Unsure why you'd ruin a good looking car with a early 80's style shaggin' wagon style look. To each their own I guess.

dylan01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #38 (permalink)

Sort of a throwback to the 1955 Showcar "Nomad" probably. Corvette "wagon".
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
BellaVerde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 10:06 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
dylan01 : Unsure why you'd ruin a good looking car with a early 80's style shaggin' wagon style look.
Very simple: You wouldn't. Anyone who thinks this "ruins" the look of the car isn't going to do it. Many of us think this is an interesting look, and makes for an even more unique vehicle.
Quote:
To each their own I guess.
Yep. What you have to remember is that taste that differs from yours is not inferior, just different.
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
JRinKY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #40 (permalink)

Maybe even give the top some "Woodie" effects?!
Oh yeah, Steel/Sand interior. Added K&N filter. Vent tube r/r @ 2850 mi. WindRestrictor added 12/12/06. Added high-tone horn. Painted engine cover. ECM retune 6/15/10. Added Vandesign B/U lite covers 12/07. Re-replaced seal due to recall 27570 mi. DDMProBeam added 7/2/08. Envious Emblem overlays. Kappasphere rear deck rack. DDM tunnel plate added 4/22/09. Solo Exhaust system, lit sills and HID conversion 5/1/10.
BellaVerde is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 01:34 PM   #41 (permalink)

As I have stated before, this top is so different I had to have it! I much prefer the top down and this top will come off for a bit some time this summer. So far, the only negative comments on the top have come from this forum!! People who have actually seen it, think it is really sharp. Even the body guy who painted it says I scored on this one. We have had a couple days of rain to wash away the salt, temperatures near 60 today so hopefully tomorrow I can find a good spot to take better pictures. Even tho' it is a beautiful day today, I now have to go to a buddies house to weld up some stuff for his racing rig
riggs314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #42 (permalink)

For some reason, I've got a feeling "UPDATE #4 (final!) My EDAG Hardtop" is in our future!
jeff465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 09:15 AM   #43 (permalink)

Has rained here off and on for the last few days so all the salt has been washed off the roads. Still a dreary day, no sun and 20 degrees. Had a doctors visit this morning so drove the Solstice. On the way home, I stopped at the local Speedway for coffee and had two guys come up to me asking me numerous questions about the top. Quite surprised, even my MG's don't seem to draw that much attention!
riggs314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:38 AM   #44 (permalink)

Shooting brake style vehicles generally garner a hate it or love it reaction. Unlike a fixed Shooting Brake this isn't a permanent top so folks can go back to the stock design and remove it. Basically, it's a win-win solution.

There's also mom's golden rule. If you don't have anything nice to say...better to say nothing.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #45 (permalink)

I like it! I want both top designs. This one as the family hauler and the coupe style as my racer, convertible as my summer cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

2009 2.4L Solstice Roadster
Color: Mysterious
Mileage: 49,950
States Visited: 19

2002 - Attended Detroit Auto Show
2006 - Wilmington Summer Employee, GXP Tester
2008 - Coupe GXP Tester
2009 - Proud Owner
2010-2012 - Afghanistan
2012 - DDM Stage II S/C
2013 - First track day, parade, and first car show.
2014 - S/C Sold. Triple Bracing, ZOK Sway Bars, Brake Pads/Rotors/Lines/Fluid, Headers w/HFCat, ECM Tune, Center Console.
OSUCherokee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.