What do you think of this grille? (Made in Photoshop) - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2007, 08:05 AM   #16 (permalink)

I have to agree with SolsticeSJA that the middle one where just the centre grills are chromed looks better that having the brake vents done as well, if you are inclined to change it

My preference on the black and perhaps the deep though is to have everything blacked out. Nice Photoshop job by the way!
Sly Bob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #17 (permalink)

can someone paint this car red in photoshop? I want to see how an aggressive looks with the fog lamp ports painted the same color as the car. I've seen it in black but, I'm thinking about getting an aggressive GXP. thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonkevin View Post
I heartily agree with not liking the look of the black grille on the black bodywork.

That's an interesting look you've got there, Sorcerer.

This is what I did with my grilles:

-Kevin in Indy

He who does not learn from the past, is doomed to repeat it
nick177th is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

i like the chrome look of the grilles. I have a small chrome shop close to me that does all my small work that I want done. I have never sent them anything plastic so I would have to check to see if they do that.
coopcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #19 (permalink)

I have a silver GXP and I had my dealer remove my grils and paint them to match the body color and clear coat them.

I too think the n/a grills look WAYYYYY better, and dont know why in the world pontiac would put the silly black plastic effects around the foglights.

If you cant tell...I like the middle picture alot. Do it...you'll be happy.
Old 08-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

i like the stock myself.... stealthy from a distance...

wolfdogs
wolfdogs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:20 PM   #21 (permalink)

Stock black looks best on dark colors IMHO.

The grille texture around the fogs on the GXP are for the brake duct inlets. Brake cooling...

I do not claim to be a GM representative, all of my postings are my own interpretation and personal opinions.

2007 Deep GXP - M5, Loaded w/o OnStar
Mods: JPM Custom Shifter - Stubby Ant - WindRestrictor - Dejon TB Elbow - Dejon BOV Spring - JPM Center Console - JPM Visor Covers - Wester's Tune - Draw-Tite Hitch

NASSOA Founding Member
Moose GXP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I have a silver GXP and I had my dealer remove my grils and paint them to match the body color and clear coat them.

I too think the n/a grills look WAYYYYY better, and dont know why in the world pontiac would put the silly black plastic effects around the foglights.

If you cant tell...I like the middle picture alot. Do it...you'll be happy.
Well first, the NA grilles are originally black, and then are painted silver by the supplier. So, the GXP just gets the black plastic, unpainted.

I too like the chrome grilles, and that is why I put them on the Mallett. Clear Image sent me a new set to replace a set that had some peeling. In the mean time I had bought a set of the billet grilles. But, I didn't like the way the passenger side fit. So, I have a set of billets if anybody is interested.

Mallett #33
VIN #1G2MB35B27Y106697
Deep
Ebony Leather

Chrome
numbbers is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:26 PM   #23 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to V10Venom
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbbers View Post
Well first, the NA grilles are originally black, and then are painted silver by the supplier. So, the GXP just gets the black plastic, unpainted.

I too like the chrome grilles, and that is why I put them on the Mallett. Clear Image sent me a new set to replace a set that had some peeling. In the mean time I had bought a set of the billet grilles. But, I didn't like the way the passenger side fit. So, I have a set of billets if anybody is interested.
How are the new grills holding up?? I bought them, they pealed, they sent me a new set, I'm keeping the extra set for meets and shows to prevent chipping and what not.

Previously known as "SolScuba"
V10Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 05:42 PM   #24 (permalink)

I too liked the look of the original NA and my Sly GXP is like your middle picture. Chrome main center grills with the brake ducts painted body color. I really like the results, but as you can tell from all the reponses, it is all a personal preference thing. Thats what makes the world go around and keeps all the aftermarket shops in business.
cruzincoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzincoupe View Post
I too liked the look of the original NA and my Sly GXP is like your middle picture. Chrome main center grills with the brake ducts painted body color. I really like the results, but as you can tell from all the reponses, it is all a personal preference thing. Thats what makes the world go around and keeps all the aftermarket shops in business.
Hmm, I like this idea better than just leaving the brake ducts the stock black, which is a slightly lighter shade than the paint and doesn't quite match it. Here is another PS job I did with the ducts darkened too. I also darkened the center part a bit while I was at it.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:56 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Bob View Post
I have to agree with SolsticeSJA that the middle one where just the centre grills are chromed looks better that having the brake vents done as well, if you are inclined to change it

My preference on the black and perhaps the deep though is to have everything blacked out. Nice Photoshop job by the way!
Ironically the car in your avatar has the whole grille chromed!
Old 08-20-2007, 08:34 PM   #27 (permalink)
DES

I say stock
DES is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 08:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Founding Member

I vote for chroming all of them. I don't really like the look with only the center grills chromed. It just looks unfinished to me.
Norms fiberglass rear diffuser, Smoked Headlights, Opel GT antenna, splash guards, custom illuminated Wind Restrictor, JPM leather visor covers, elbow pads and custom embroidered, leather covered center console.
Email me if you are interested in joining the Mid-Atlantic Solstice Sky Club (MASSC) for NJ, NY, PA, DE and MDdscheneck@msn.com
dengel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 08:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Stock all the way.
Catman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2007, 09:30 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SorcererXIII View Post
Ironically the car in your avatar has the whole grille chromed!
It is ironic isn't it. Damn comic books!
Sly Bob is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.