XZILON Molecular Adhesion - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

XZILON Molecular Adhesion

Anyone used this product. One of my friends who owns a used car lot sugests I purchase this product and apply it to my Fetish. He says the High End Dealers use this on Vette's and Caddys.

I've studied this product and am not sure it will do what it is advertised to do. Dealership will sell it to me for $138.00 or they will apply it to my Fetish inside and out for $390.00.

I read a post in this Forum that was dated 2006 and they was no feedback from the person that was having it applied to their Sols.

Custom painted Ghost Flames with PURPLE Flame tips
"In Memoriam" Decal created by BANDITCAR
GM Splash Guards
DDM Race Backbone, DDM ProBeam
GMPP Tune
Pontiac valve stem caps,black
Beach Party Central custom fuse box
WindRestrictor..... Betty Ann's Fetish

Betty Ann
Missouri
GXP Fetish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #2 (permalink)

We went and test drove the new TDI(it's awesome, but not USA made so...)

The guy would not stop talking about that stuff. We didn't buy the car and then he tried to to sell it, he spoke about it before we ever did anything. He was definitely a fan.

I don't trust anything that is "put it on everything." Your interior is quite different that your plastic bumper, which is quite different than your rubber moldings.

Mileage as of Feb 1 89000 miles
silversolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2010, 09:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

We use it where I work, I definitely recommend it. It's very easy to put on, doesn't leave residue in the body openings like wax does. It doesn't do any polishing though, you would have to polish (not wax) before you do the xzilon if you want it to really shine. The best thing about it is when your car is just dusty, not really dirty, with xzilon on it you can rinse the car off and most everything comes right off.

There is different xzilon for exterior and interior. The exterior stuff you can use on everything on the outside, paint, glass, headlights, wheels, etc. I'm not that impressed with the interior stuff, not sure it's any better than anything else.
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
The best thing about it is when your car is just dusty, not really dirty, with xzilon on it you can rinse the car off and most everything comes right off.
Just like any other wax or sealant that costs 1/10th the price?
JoshMcMadMac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Lots of reviews on the web, some love it some say it's snake oil. It's $20 on eBay, they say after you use it do not wax your car. It is approved for use on Boeing, Douglas and Airbus aircraft for what that's worth, same stuff as Granitize, same company. Not sure if it works or not but don't pay more than $20 for it, no way it is worth $140.
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub

Last edited by lil goat; 04-16-2010 at 06:17 AM.
lil goat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2010, 11:33 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMcMadMac View Post
Just like any other wax or sealant that costs 1/10th the price?
IDK, what's 1/10 of $0?
Oh, oops, sorry, I didn't mention that I get it for free.

Seriously though, you don't have to pay $900 or even $140 for it, just find it or something like it online.

Here's another way to look at it...
If you want something that's easy to apply and will work ok for 6 months or so, do the sealant.
If you don't mind putting some elbow grease in waxing, or don't mind doing it more often, use wax.
Polishing and waxing every month or so will by far be the best looking finish, but not everyone wants to do that much work.
gmtech16450yz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.