Z3 & Z4 production numbers - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > General Solstice Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 09:26 PM   #1 (permalink)

Z3 & Z4 production numbers

I see BMW Z3's and Z4's everywhere. I tried to look up production numbers but I was not able to find it out. Any idea how many are out there, built per year (in USA)?
I want the Solstice to be a rare sighting and I do not want to pull up to an intersection and see 2 or 3 others all waiting at the same light. At least not for a year or two.
Sitting Duck
orlando is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2005, 10:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sol Driving Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando
I see BMW Z3's and Z4's everywhere. I tried to look up production numbers but I was not able to find it out. Any idea how many are out there, built per year (in USA)?
I want the Solstice to be a rare sighting and I do not want to pull up to an intersection and see 2 or 3 others all waiting at the same light. At least not for a year or two.
Sitting Duck

That is because you are looking for the information in English...try German (Deutsch).

The Solstice numbers come from Automotive News, I believe you have to be a subscriber to find the numebrs on their website. ntouched and Fourtyninenorth usually give us those updates. You could try PM to one of them for assistance.

12 . . . Solstice Coupe List - January 2012

Wicked 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe on order 24 October 2008 Produced 7 April 2009 Delivered 6 May 2009 VIN 1G2MT25X59Y000038 (Watched her come off the truck)

Original 2006 NA Ordered: 8 Sep 2005 Delivered to dealer 15 Dec 2005 (Watched her come off the truck) Traded 6 May 2009 #5357
GO_DRVN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2005, 10:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Not sure about the Z3, but total production of the Z4 is somewhere around 120,000 now. Mind you, that's for the entire world, so how many are on the road in the US is anybody's guess. I'd estimate 75,000. It will take Pontiac several years to reach those numbers, but they will, especially if they keep the price low.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

According to www.bmwusfactory.com a total of 300,000 Z3 and M3 Roadsters were produced. I can't find the number of Z4's made to date, but a press release on the above forum said that in November 2004 they passed the 100,000 mark for the Z4, so probably under 130,000 have been produced.

That makes the combined Z3 and Z4 production something under 450,000 units since 1995, or about 45,000 units per year. Not bad, but definitely tapering off.

Kappasphere AX wheels
DDMWorks extreme backbone
GMPP Stage 2
Splash Guards
Black bezel headlamps

23,777 fun miles

You don't need a trunk to haul ass...

Official car of SCCA Touring 2 Champion Don Knowles.
jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando
Sitting Duck

I found a large book in Chapters on BMW giving year-by-year production on all models. I didn't look at the Z3 or Z4 because I was looking for my car. The numbers on the 2001 330Ci were around 21,000 coupes, 11,000 convertibles.

You can see the current Z4 numbers in the Automotive news weekly report, because the Z4 is built in the USA. Year to date numbers are around 18,000 I believe.

I just looked up this week's data for Z4s.
2004 last year to this date 30,331
2005 year to date 18,812
Preferenced Oct. 5, No TPW
Cancelled Nov. 5
5 of 9 First Allocation
Cool Two-Tone AC ABS LSD PWR

Oct. 1 bought Steel Blue 2001 330Ci

Last edited by Fortyninenorth; 10-23-2005 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Add Z4 data
Fortyninenorth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.