Mosport Run??? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > Canada & Other Countries > SSOOO
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 10:53 AM   #1 (permalink)

Mosport Run???

My wife and I joined this group for the 2012 Fall run and enjoyed it thoroughly. Just wondering if there has ever been a run to Mosport (now called Canadian Tire Motorsport Park).

I work there every race weekend as a race marshal and think it would be a great "end of run" location. Arriving just after lunch would provide lots of time to watch racing before heading home.

There is complimentary admission to the park on Regional Race weekends which, for 2013, occur on May 4/5, June 22/23, July 27/28, Sept 14/15 and Sept 28/29.
janandmike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

That'd be fun to do and free is always good.
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2013, 08:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sounds good !
Old 01-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #4 (permalink)

I am always up for a cruise!!! If you do the first weekend in May I will still have the Club Racer Hard Top on my Sol. She will look close to the 2007 SCCA T2 Champion except with lots more mods.

Last edited by Northern Sol; 01-08-2013 at 07:24 AM.
Northern Sol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Sol View Post
I am always up for a cruise!!! If you do the first weekend in May I will still have the Club Racer Hard Top on my Sol. She will look close to the 2007 SCCA T2 Champion except with lots more mods.
I'm instructing at a school for new track marshals that weekend so that's the only one that won't work for me.....still complimentary admission available that weekend.

Those tickets will be available to download at Canadian Automobile Sport Clubs - Ontario Region | We've Got The Place To Race before the racing season begins.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #6 (permalink)

sounds like something to plan for this spring, summer or fall...

SSOOO Facebook Group

2006 Solstice - DDMWorks [Stage II Supercharger, Race Backbone, Powder Coated Valve Cover, Coilcover, A-Pillar Gauge Pod & Header Heat Shield Blanket], Privat Gassen wheels (8.5"F & 9.5"R) w/245/40ZR19 (F) and 255/40ZR19 (R) Hankook Ventus V12 Evo, Solo [SQR2 Exhaust & High Flow Cat], Eibach Pro springs, VDO Gauges, Razzi wing, JPM [Shifter, Centre console & Door pads], Tint*Master Tint, Kappasphere [KappaShield, KappaROO Pouches & KappaATTIC], Kuda Cell Mount
jackl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2013, 04:37 PM   #7 (permalink)

Keeping an eye on this one.
I have been watching the big ALMS race there every year, and also go a couple of times per year during the week for track days. Last year I did go to one of the regional weekends, and it was a good time to watch some live racing for a couple hours.
Originally Posted by dengel View Post
Unfortunately, I hate things wrapped around my throat. I don't think I could stand driving for hours in the car with one of them on.
e-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Founding Member

2007 Sky, Midnight Blue, GM Luggage rack; Windscreen; DDM- Stage III S/C, Pro beam, Catch Can, Race Backbone, Header, Hi Flow Cat, Powder Coated Coil and Cam Cover, Centre Consol, Stage III Clutch & Flywheel, A-Pillar & PLX Gauges, Centre feed Fuel Rail; Velox- FK LX10 Wheels; Solo Performance- Mach with REZ Quad Tips C/B Exhaust; Norm's Rear Diffuser; Yokohama A.E. Tires; PFYCStubby Antenna; ASAP Fuse Cover ; Kenwood DNX6990HD Stereo; Carid Pure Spoiler
nighttripper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Founding Member

my car would probably fall apart if I tried to take it out on the track. I'd rather bring my G8 with some real muscle!

dylan01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan01 View Post
my car would probably fall apart if I tried to take it out on the track. I'd rather bring my G8 with some real muscle!
No worries...we wouldn't be going onto the track during a race weekend.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan01 View Post
I do OK with the Kappa. Corners better than a stock G8.
Originally Posted by dengel View Post
Unfortunately, I hate things wrapped around my throat. I don't think I could stand driving for hours in the car with one of them on.
e-sarge is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 07:01 AM   #12 (permalink)
Founding Member

That I DO agree with! The Solstice corners like a go-kart!

dylan01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #13 (permalink)

Yeah guys, I don't believe this is about taking the car out on the track but getting together as a group to watch a race one weekend at Mosport. It'd be fun!
Last time I did something like this was soon after I got the car. Pontiac was giving tickets away for a race weekend at Watkins Glen complete with swag. Took my son down and we had an absolute blast! I have to admit though, with all the visiting I did with the fellow owners we didn't see much of the race.

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #14 (permalink)

Although I have never done this before I'd be prepared to help organize this run from Timmies in Newmarket to Canadian Tire Motorsport Park (formerly Mosport) starting around 10 am and arriving at CTMP shortly after lunch. It would be about a 120+ km run, all on mostly secondary paved roads.
The days to consider are Saturday June 22 (BARC Race weekend) or Saturday September 14 (BEMC Race weekend). The afternoon racing would be the first racing of the weekend and would end around 5:30 p.m.
I could arrange complimentary admission tickets and alert the restaurant that we were arriving.
A response on this forum would measure initial interest and date preference.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:02 PM   #15 (permalink)

June 22nd would be my preference. I'd be a blast!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.