another nice look alike for 2013, Subaru BRZ - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > Solstice Coupe Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #1 (permalink)

another nice look alike for 2013, Subaru BRZ

Looks nice, we have a Sub and love them, but this one is just boxer engine 2.5L(with Direct injection, wouldn't ya know), no turbo and a measely 200hp, too bad. It has nice lines....

BRZ Photos, Pics and Videos | Subaru BRZ

Edit: scroll through the exterior pics.
'09 Solstice GXP Coupe #492, Mysterious, Auto, 5873 miles.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM 3/8 Performance backbone
DDM Probeam
DDM Catch can, Tclamps and fender trim kit.
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

'95 Bronco, owned 18yrs, totally custom on 37's, my DD
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628
'11 Subaru Forrester, wifes DD.

Last edited by Shadofax; 11-08-2012 at 04:25 PM.
Shadofax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2012, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)

Very boring run-of-the-mill colors on that Subaru BRZ. The blues are even boring, nothing like Hydro (Fresh).
Vikechick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #3 (permalink)

I don't see the similarity to the Solstice. It looks more like a Ricer.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:51 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikechick View Post
Very boring run-of-the-mill colors on that Subaru BRZ. The blues are even boring, nothing like Hydro (Fresh).
Hmmm, yea I guess they aren't wild but there's a couple nice colors. I was surprised it wasn't more though seeing as they produce a pretty fast imprezza wrx sti.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

Old 11-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikechick View Post
I've seen a coupe in the Fresh color, and it was beautiful! Trophy winner at car shows even.
jeff465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #6 (permalink)

I love the shape (it IS very similar to others) and it was a fun little car but definitely could have used a platform built for forced induction. That high compression isn't going to lend itself well to boost.

Hopefully there's an STi version on the horizon.
idkfa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

Supposed to be a terrific handling car. It is pretty darn light too. Rumor says(Motor Trend) it will sport a turbo option for next year. They pretty much praised the car in N/A form though.
Old 11-17-2012, 08:32 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brap View Post
Supposed to be a terrific handling car. It is pretty darn light too. Rumor says(Motor Trend) it will sport a turbo option for next year. They pretty much praised the car in N/A form though.
I didn't see that but you're right....about 2760lbs., gas tank 13.2gals.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Old 11-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Guy in my neighborhood has the Scion version in red. I love the look of the car. I loved the look of my Sol Coupe, but like the look of this car better.

Don't look for them to be with only 200 bhp for more than one, maybe two model years. They won't put everything on the table the first year.

BMW put its Z3 out with a four cylinder its first year, then came out with the 6.

Chyrsler came out with the only mildly entertaining NA Crossfire its first year, then the blown SRT6 the next year which bordered on being a muscle car.

Obviously the Sol/Sky came out NA first year, then GXP/Redline thereafter.

Lotus brought the NA Elise over for MY05, then brought the supercharged Exige in 07, and supercharged Elise in 08.

I think you'll see a FI Scion/Subaru in short order.
2009 Solstice Coupe. #868. Wicked, N/A, Auto, Two-Tone Leather. SOLD

2007 Lotus Exige S. Canyon Red.

1974 Lotus Europa Special Fully Restored
sandan03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

My wife and I had a Subaru BRZ Limited on order from the local Subaru dealer whom we have done business with for almost 30 years. We had their 2nd allocation. They had a little show one evening where they had a BRZ Limited on display. We went, sat in it, prodded, tested seat adjustment, looked under the hood, in the trunk, etc. This car was identical to what we had on order. With tax, title, and other expenses, this car was going to be just under $31K out the door.

In our assessment, it was just another Japanese coupe. There was nothing special in the least about this car. In fact, neither of us particularly liked the interior of the car, it looked and felt cheap. Ergonomically, the interior was a disaster, with the cup holders almost behind the seats. The dash was also quite unattractive, at least to me.

This car could be the best handling car ever, with extra power to spare, and it would still not have appealed to us, the interior wasn't nice enough to justify the price of the car. We called the next day and cancelled our order.

I also know the couple who had the first allocation. It was identical to the car we had on order. They went to look at it when it came in, had the same reaction to the car we did, and declined to go through with the purchase.

FWIW, we own a 1st 1K Solstice, and the other couple owns a Sky Redline. This would have been an additional "fun" car for both them and us.

Such is life!

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 09:29 AM   #11 (permalink)

I like the concept of the BRZ, but I'll take my Sky RL any day over one of those.
carnut122 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-17-2012, 10:01 AM   #12 (permalink)

Same here. Proud owner.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 PM   #13 (permalink)

2007 Sky Redline: DDMWorks Charge Pipes & Intercooler, Solo Performance 3" Mach Shorty, ZZP S1 cams, Supertech Valve springs, BNR 2871, SPEC Stage 3+, Android "Torque" bluetooth RPD, HPT e47 tuned by TERM2. ???whp ???wtrq Dyno coming soon.
40rty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOC View Post
... the interior of the car... looked and felt cheap. Ergonomically, the interior was a disaster, with the cup holders almost behind the seats. The dash was also quite unattractive, at least to me.

This car could be the best handling car ever, with extra power to spare, and it would still not have appealed to us, the interior wasn't nice enough to justify the price of the car.
I'm in the camp that sees little resemblance between the Coupe and the Scion/Subaru...until your description. Sounds like they nailed a copy of the interior.
2009 Solstice Coupe. #868. Wicked, N/A, Auto, Two-Tone Leather. SOLD

2007 Lotus Exige S. Canyon Red.

1974 Lotus Europa Special Fully Restored
sandan03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 11:59 AM   #15 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandan03 View Post
I'm in the camp that sees little resemblance between the Coupe and the Scion/Subaru...until your description. Sounds like they nailed a copy of the interior.
At least in the Solstice/Sky when you paid extra for Leather seats you got something that at least looked like leather, in the Subie you got something that looked like leather in the middle of the seats and then some slimy plastic fabric that is a very poor imitation of suede, I think it's called Alcantara or something. I don't like it, never have, never will. I much prefer the less expensive interior.

We just didn't like the interior, materials and ergonomics. We didn't feel the interior justified the overall cost of the car.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.