Coupe #45 Rebuild - Pontiac Solstice Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lucky-bastard

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Coupe #45 Rebuild

Hey!
SO I have purchased the #45 Coupe from the IAA Auction in Phoenix AZ - and finally just made it back home from the voyage last night. I will include some pics along the way - but for those who are wondering.... I have some new details

So I did find an extended warranty contract in the glove box with the owners manual. I have contacted the lady who owned the car prior to the car being T boned. She loved the car - knows how rare they are and was heart broken when the shop told her that they could not repair the car due to parts no longer being available. According to her - they made a custom door for the car - but had no way to attach it. She said she had waited 6 months for them to try and repair the car before they gave up. She is gonna send some pics of the car from the accident when she gets a chance - and I will post them up here when I receive them.

So on to the car...... Im not sure why they did what they did - but I have a lead onto the repair that worked on the car. They did paint the driver side of the car - the underbody has lots of overspray from it. It appears to have the original door glass - because the window tinting seems to match.... I have yet to roll the window up to see that it meets up since I have been told before the Coupe windows are different than the verts... It is missing the door latch assembly inside the door - so the door will not stay shut and all the door handle pieces.. Hopefully someone can chime in on if all those parts from a vert are interchangeable - Im just guessing at this point that they are....

I jumped the gun and went ahead and ordered some new wheels for it.... they beat the car home lol... Just ordered my wheel adaptors today - so should be in next week. The wheels are C7 knock offs - 19x8.5 for the front and 20x10 for the rear...

So on my way out to unload the car and get the battery swapped out so I can hear it run for the first time - so far Im not seeing anything that is really going to hinder me from getting this car back on the road - but only time will tell...

Stay tuned

Pics!
https://goo.gl/photos/6jLxRQc9w1rBNGmH6
https://goo.gl/photos/6JYu9c2nRf7xDPic6
https://goo.gl/photos/CBh2B3eZKCj9YgVR6
https://goo.gl/photos/wZ89t592yHg1XNEY7
ChopTop and raygun like this.

Last edited by Lucky-bastard; 03-17-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:27 PM

I wonder that shop tried to get used salvaged parts or not.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 01:43 PM

A few insurance companies will not use used parts. And if she requested no used parts, then that would have sinched the deal.

Solo Street Race exhaust
Fujita CAI
ASAP T2 stripes and badging
Windrestrictor V2 lighted in white
Windrestrictor lighted door sills lighted in white
DDM Works IC Piping
Undercar LEDs in white to match Windrestrictor

ZZPerformance dyno tuned - 286HP, 317ft/lbs of torque at 23psi of boost.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 03:42 PM

Love the colour! Congrats. Look forward to your success on this.

Mods: too many to list!

2007 GXP manual. Bought new Sept 2007
The Mean Machine
2009 GXP Coupe # 526. Bought May 2016 - 1800 miles
The Ace of Spades
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 05:48 PM

Garage
OEM 2009 SOLSTICE COUPE DRIVER DOOR GLASS on eBay, you may want to check your coupe and jump on this as they are getting scarce. Same seller also has the passenger RH side listed in a different item listing.

eBay - 09 SOLSTICE COUPE LH DOOR GLASS WINDOW 109.99

9Y000379 - 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe Manual
Build Date: 2009-05-07
GM of Canada

1 of 28 GXP Manual Coupes sold in Canada
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 08:30 PM

I admit it's not as easy as going to Auto Zone, but parts are not that hard to get a hold of.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 04:17 AM

Garage
Congrat's! Looking forward to watching the progress & learning about the different parts needed from a convertible. I also like the color.

Certified Pontaholic & Former Jet Mech

1969 Firebird Sprint 301 OHC-6, T-5
1971 Catalina Freeway Enforcer 455
1973 Lemans Safari 400 4-speed
1977 Astre Formula 215 V-8 T-5
1978 Sunbird Safari 231 V-6 2004R
1978 Catalina Safari Buick 350 4bb
2006 Mallet Solstice LS2 5-speed Manual
2009 G8 GT
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to raygun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky-bastard View Post
I have yet to roll the window up to see that it meets up since I have been told before the Coupe windows are different than the verts...
The 'vert windows are curved on the top, back corner, while the coupe windows are squared to match up with the B-pillar.

Door handles should swap out without issue.

I can't believe they'd total that car for lack of a door and glass. Nearly every problem is solvable given sufficient motivation.

Blue-ish 2006 2.4, Werks stage 1 turbo, GMPP cat-back, TCE Wilwood 6 piston front brakes, 4-piston rears , Stainless brake lines, slotted and drilled rotors, DDM braces, BR Racing coilovers, Spec aluminum flywheel, Spec stage 2 clutch, Werks aluminum radiator, DDM oil catch can, Autometer boost, water and AFR gauges, RKSport hood, Morimoto FX-R HID headlights, GReddy Profec boost controller @ 13PSI, custom A-pillar gauge pod.
In progress: custom fiberglass trunk lid.

Currently on engine #4!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

So looking at the door glass - It is a coupe glass......... Gonna go to a buddies junk yard later this week and see if I can find the guts to a drivers side door - I can't imagine anything else would be different inside...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Sol View Post
Love the colour! Congrats. Look forward to your success on this.
Apparently "Wicked" was the 2nd most popular color choice for the Coupe. This one is Wicked right?

317whp/329wtrq 2006 Solstice #1458 AR5 LE5 Werks Turbo Kit Meth 16.5 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose, Kappadapt flywheel bolts, Kappadapt trans mount
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normsf View Post
I admit it's not as easy as going to Auto Zone, but parts are not that hard to get a hold of.
Yeah really, there is this one guy I know of, his name is Norm...oh hey Norm!!

317whp/329wtrq 2006 Solstice #1458 AR5 LE5 Werks Turbo Kit Meth 16.5 PSI, Kappadapt clutch hose, Kappadapt flywheel bolts, Kappadapt trans mount
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode