Donating My Coupe to a Good Cause - Page 5 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > Solstice Coupe Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 PM   #61 (permalink)
Founding Member

Yes it looks that way but it was taken off rather quickly
Hopefully will know soon who the new owner is of this great car.
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~

Last edited by LatinVenom; 01-18-2013 at 06:27 PM.
LatinVenom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 10:36 PM   #62 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Nice chunk of change for the charity. Very nice jesture. Probably north of $65k invested?

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 45 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 07:39 AM   #63 (permalink)

Actually, quite a bit less into it. Recall I had the live install pricing on the swap, which was much less than the list, and they resold all my old equipment (I believe many of you have pieces of it still) and I got a super deal on the car when new (under 30), but anyway, here is the scoop.

It was great fun to talk about the car in the staging area for the couple hours prior to the run. I can't tell you how much attention it got from guys who were there to buy Porsches and Cobras, etc. People just gushed about the design, and most had never seen a coupe at all.

I went through with the top on as most of you suggested. I took a poll as I spoke to people and they all agreed, so in the end, you guys were right on that. Looking back, even though I was not supposed to, I should have lifted the top off, even just for a few seconds to show how it looks.

The buyer is a nice young guy from CO who was very familiar with it from the R&S listing and had watched all the YouTube stuff, etc. I told him he got a great deal and he smiled and said he was prepared to pay much more -- these things are all about that second or third buyer and we just didn't have the other person to push it higher. All told, I'm pleased as I was frantic earlier yesterday that it might go in the 20's. I had been watching all these amazing and pristine 60's Camaros and Mustangs selling for 14, 18 and 23K and it really had me worried. I would have put my car in the bottom ten percent of the 650 vehicles as I walked around on Wed night, but I bet it is easily in the top 25 percent of prices taken over the weekend.

I am second guessing as to not going to BJ as they seem to bring much higher prices for the same cars, and I think I would have seen north of 50, but hard to look back. The hospital had a relationship with R&S and they did give me a great run time on Friday evening - I might have gotten an 11 am at BJ and had 12 people in there and gotten killed, so hard to say.

I know the hospital is more than pleased, and I know that if I retailed it, I would have been happy with 38 as it's hard to find buyers for stuff like this.

I'll suggest the forum to the new buyer and be sure to tell him all the great info and ideas gleaned here. I'll watch also and might end up finding my way to another coupe project if I miss mine too much.

(In a few years, I could probably buy Larry's coupe for $8900, and with super low miles -- and a base model - perfect for a transplant!)

And I'll keep tabs on Rob's next phase. Actually saw something I thought you should do, Punisher tread pattern -- not kidding, you could do this...

Custom tire tread carving, grooving and regrooving by Proto Tyre

Anyway, thanks all for the support and info over the years. A good group here, I think. And now onto the next project, something a lot of you might hate, but I think a perfect fit for my tradition of wanting something a bit unusual: a 2013 Pontiac Trans Am from Trans Am Depot.

My 13 Camaro SS is already in their shop, with the new Mojave leather interior as well as the new touch screen, etc. I'm doing the black and gold 77 style package but NO HOOD CHICKEN. Of course, I have to have the t-tops and the snowflake wheels (315's in the back!). The guys building these cars are among the finest craftsmen you'll find anywhere (watch the videos on their site). No blower this time, but am thinking about an LS7 and bolts-ons to an easy and hiccup-free 550 flywheel hp.

Nice thing for me is I can fit the kids in if I have to and will find it much easier to find my way into the driver's seat, something that was really tough in the 2-seat Sol.

I'm in line to start this month and will keep you all updated. Probably see it in March. Recall that I used to have a G8 GXP beside my Solstice, and I also had Trans Ams in 82 and 85, so there is some Pontiac blood in my veins. (I'd love to bring it to the Sol Nats this summer, but will likely be gone during that time.)

Anyway, keep it straight everyone.
S

Anyway, be nice to the new guy if I joins and I'll stay in touch.
Attached Thumbnails
Donating My Coupe to a Good Cause-unknown.jpeg  
sbindley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #64 (permalink)
Founding Member

Good Luck on the new TA, I am sure it will be a looker.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:01 AM   #65 (permalink)

Well done! I watched the auction live and it seemed to me that they really put extra effort into yours. And I agree, with your assessment of everything.

I love your project. But going to have to disagree on one item: You just have to get the hood chicken.

Good Luck and stay in touch.

PS: Rob, I think you need some Punisher tires.......
Old 01-19-2013, 09:40 AM   #66 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

I watched your coupe cross the block as well and have to say that R & S did a great job of promoting the charity and extra effort to get the sale price up.

I agree, no screaming chicken on the new hood.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 10:23 AM   #67 (permalink)

Thanks for your generosity in the donation of your coupe. Wish I had the bucks to bid, but I would have stopped at 37500 anyway.

The Firebird tribute is a great project. I had a 73 Formula with scoops and a 78 Trans-Am with the chicken in gold. I think it has to have a chicken if its gonna be a T/A but you could do a Formula and get Norm to do the scoops for you.
Google Image Result for http://www.dragtimes.com/images/5520-1970-Pontiac-Firebird%20Formula.jpg
Old 01-21-2013, 07:04 AM   #68 (permalink)

I just don't think I can do the chicken. For me, I'm angling this build on what a 2013 TA would be, not what a 77 was. A little tricky since this TA Depot version is all about the 77 styling (and coming from a C5 Camaro that is more 60's based, styling wise).

Anyway, I can always add the bird if it looks naked, but want to start with a cleaner look. I'm not a super big fan of the new Camaro's styling, but actually like the way it looks with the TA conversion. I like the front and rear and think the t-tops help, as well as the deep dish wheels. The new interior tweaks for 13 are an improvement also, esp the new Mojave leather scheme.

Just pushing these guys to get it started soon as I have an empty space waiting now...
Old 01-21-2013, 07:29 PM   #69 (permalink)

Please keep us updated on the TA project...helps keep the Pontiac name alive, of not the brand (for now).

Funny thing: last weekend I got a valet tag back that had a drawing of the Pontiac logo on the line for "Make." Don't know if the kid is a Pontiac fan or just illiterate.

2009 DEEP SOLSTICE COUPE N.A. MANUAL TRANNY PURCHASED
NEW YEAR'S EVE 2009

Coupe 112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #70 (permalink)

Scott, the part about buying Larry's car had me rolling!
jeff465 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 05:38 AM   #71 (permalink)

Congrats, it went for a good cause and received a good price, and it was also very positive exposure for the coupes.

I've been following the Camaro to Firebird conversions for awhile, only issue I've ever had is taking a homage of the 1st gen body and modifying a 2 gen Firebird body design element to it. ASC did a nice 1st gen concept:http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...trans-am-1.jpg

ChopTop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #72 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LiquidPT Send a message via MSN to LiquidPT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopTop View Post
Congrats, it went for a good cause and received a good price, and it was also very positive exposure for the coupes.

I've been following the Camaro to Firebird conversions for awhile, only issue I've ever had is taking a homage of the 1st gen body and modifying a 2 gen Firebird body design element to it. ASC did a nice 1st gen concept:http://www.ridelust.com/wp-content/u...trans-am-1.jpg

2013 Lingenfelter LTA Ponitac Trans AM inspired Camaro at SEMA 2012 Horsepower Specs 2014 2015 RT SS - YouTube
I saw the Lingenfelter one at Barrett-Jackson last week. I agree, I like the ASC one better. My dream car is a 68 Firebird.
2009 Mysterious GXP Coupe #100
LiquidPT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2013, 07:01 AM   #73 (permalink)

On the block...
Attached Thumbnails
Donating My Coupe to a Good Cause-photo-10.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 AM   #74 (permalink)

V8 Solstice - YouTube!

1254 2009s + 12 2010s = 1266
ChopTop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2013, 09:39 AM   #75 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
I now know where this car is and who bought it. The owner contacted me today.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 45 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.