Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Last Coupe

3K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  DaveOC 
#1 ·
One of the other Coupe owners, Rik, #000120, has sent me a couple pics from the engine bay of Coupe #1152.
It's near Brownsville, TX.
Here's the pics!

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
One of the other Coupe owners, Rik, #000120, has sent me a couple pics from the engine bay of Coupe #1152.
It's near Brownsville, TX.
Here's the pics!

That would be the last sequential vin coupe, not the last actual coupe built.

#5 ·
I thought that the Pre-production 2010 Coupes were actually built earlier in the year, around the March-May timeframe. So this #1152 may very well be the LAST Coupe!
Does anyone have any info regarding the build/release dates for the 2010 versions?

#6 ·
according to the build dates listed in the coupe database (Which are really the "in Service" dates, not the actual build dates.) The 2010s were built between end of the non-sequential builds and the start of the sequential builds.

It is a very good possibility that 9Y001152 was the last coupe to physically roll down the production line. I suspect that if the hood and trunk liners were removed you would find additional messages and signatures from the workers that assembled that car. There were a couple of convertibles that went down the line after the last coupe, and the last convertible had similar messages and signatures.

GM had threatened to terminate anyone of the workers that "defaced" the production cars that way, but since they were closing the plant after the last car was built, it was pretty much an empty threat.

If I remember correctly, the last day of production was July 29, 2009.

There is a long thread dealing with the last day of production, I'll post it after I find it.

#11 ·
#9 · (Edited)
#10 ·
OK, it has the highest VIN# of the 2010 Coupes.

Was it the last coupe made? No, there were at least 1000 2009 coupes that went down the line after it was made.

Was it the last 2010 coupe made? No, there were a couple others that have later build dates and/or "in service" dates.

Shadofax, please download the list of coupes that I posted earlier in this thread and either print it out or keep it handy for reference. Thanks.

:dunno:

#12 ·
Edited. It is the last one on your coupe list, and yes, I have the list, thanks.

#15 ·
I am going to check under the hood and trunk liner to see if my coupe was vandalize with any signatures from the workers. I hope to see some signatures will let you know but since mine is 000120 low number could there also be a message?? I wonder if any of the assemble workers are on this forum would you please sign my car!!!! It is never too late.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.