Soft Targa Top - Page 2 - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > General Solstice Discussion > Solstice Coupe Discussion
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 11:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

I got mine from Crate Engine Depot as well and it is a good piece of equipment to have. There always occurs that situation where you need it and do not have it and then cannot get it. I decided, I was not going to let that happen this time.
cruiservic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

I just ordered some parts from Crate Engine Depot today (4/20/11) and was told they still have some soft tops in stock. Remember folks, this is like the dual spoke wheels, once they're gone, they're probably gone for good.
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

LowLife handle simply means likes lowered cars
LowLife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 01:20 AM   #18 (permalink)

Ain't that a shame. I thought GM said that they were going to continue making parts for the Sol for like 5 or ten years? When Studebaker went out of business, you could still get all of the parts to build one yourself. I guess we are TRULY ORPHANS!!
cruiservic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:42 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruiservic View Post
Ain't that a shame. I thought GM said that they were going to continue making parts for the Sol for like 5 or ten years? When Studebaker went out of business, you could still get all of the parts to build one yourself. I guess we are TRULY ORPHANS!!
I'm just referring to the soft-tops, but CED also told me that even though they are no longer a forum sponsor they still have some performance parts in stock for our cars. I never thought to ask if they will continue to supply parts once they're out of them.
2006/#482/First 1,000/Triple Blk/2.4 Manual/BCCoilovers/JPM Shifter (classic white w/black 5spd pattern)

2009/#480/GXP of 1266 Targa Coupes/Aggressive/Silver Metallic Stripe/Auto/Optional Polished Split Spokes/GMPP/Solo Mach Shorty/Norms Front GXP Splitter/BCCoilovers/DDM Backbeam & Probeam

LowLife handle simply means likes lowered cars
LowLife1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

My dealer said he can get me a new on for $912. Is there anywhere cheaper?
2010, Cyber Grey - Camaro SS #16234
2009, Pure - Solstice Coupe #339
franknbeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
My dealer said he can get me a new on for $912. Is there anywhere cheaper?
That's roughly what I paid after I "coughed" at the dealers initial price to me. Took less than a week. It's made by Besttop here 20 miles from me in Denver (actually made in Mexico). I can post pics of the assembly/disassembly instructions if anyone is interested. Actually great news for me, the assembly/disassembly is way simpler than I imagined, it's 4 push pins, pull front/rear "bows", fold/roll the top up and put in the bag that comes with it, done deal, put in back. It's a very finished product though, very nice and very much exactly like the hard targa.
'09 Solstice GXP Coupe #492, Mysterious, Auto, 5873 miles.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM 3/8 Performance backbone
DDM Probeam
DDM Catch can, Tclamps and fender trim kit.
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

'95 Bronco, owned 18yrs, totally custom on 37's, my DD
http://www.supermotors.net/registry/628
'11 Subaru Forrester, wifes DD.
Shadofax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 12:21 PM   #22 (permalink)

Need Targa Soft Top for My Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadofax View Post
That's roughly what I paid after I "coughed" at the dealers initial price to me. Took less than a week. It's made by Besttop here 20 miles from me in Denver (actually made in Mexico). I can post pics of the assembly/disassembly instructions if anyone is interested. Actually great news for me, the assembly/disassembly is way simpler than I imagined, it's 4 push pins, pull front/rear "bows", fold/roll the top up and put in the bag that comes with it, done deal, put in back. It's a very finished product though, very nice and very much exactly like the hard targa.

Do you know where I can get a Targa Soft Top for My Coupe? Contact phone number would help if you have it.

Thanks

Alan

2009 Brazen (Orange Metallic) Coupe - Fujita CAI, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Soft Targa Top

2007 Mean Yellow GXP Solstice - Superchips Performance Tune, Fujita CAI, Kappa Intercooler Pipes, Hahn High Performance Intercooler, SOLO Performance GXP Mach Performance Exhaust & High Flow Cat, Yellow Top Radiator Hose, Chrome Turbo Cover

2006 Liquid Silver Solstice Previous Solstice

paw4764@yahoo.com

We live on Solstice Court (had the street name changed to Solstice)
MeanGXP-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 12:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

PS - I am picking up my Coupe tomorrow.

2009 Brazen (Orange Metallic) Coupe - Fujita CAI, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Soft Targa Top

2007 Mean Yellow GXP Solstice - Superchips Performance Tune, Fujita CAI, Kappa Intercooler Pipes, Hahn High Performance Intercooler, SOLO Performance GXP Mach Performance Exhaust & High Flow Cat, Yellow Top Radiator Hose, Chrome Turbo Cover

2006 Liquid Silver Solstice Previous Solstice

paw4764@yahoo.com

We live on Solstice Court (had the street name changed to Solstice)
MeanGXP-R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #24 (permalink)

If you're in Florida contact your local GM dealer and give them the part number (19171149).

The dealer I used is here locally in Denver/Boulder so I don't see why you'd use them.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam
GM Accessories incl. race pedals, rocker panel clear protective tape, console storage bag, and soft targa top.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #25 (permalink)

Location: Los Angeles California a life long Minnesota boy transplanted to the Golden State 2011
Hello coupe riders! Nice to see you all posting about the soft top. I've just purchased but have yet to pick up my arrest me red GXP coupe... Unfortunately it has no soft top. I'd love to pick one up.

Any thoughts on where to look? I've hit a lot of GM parts and accessories sites but come up with nothing yet. I can't even find a part number. Anyone that can give me at least the part number for the kit? I would sure appreciate it. thanks much
SteveO

PS I'm new here... hope to visit often and make use of all the great tips, tricks and upgrades!
little_sob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 10:28 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_sob View Post
Hello coupe riders! Nice to see you all posting about the soft top. I've just purchased but have yet to pick up my arrest me red GXP coupe... Unfortunately it has no soft top. I'd love to pick one up.

Any thoughts on where to look? I've hit a lot of GM parts and accessories sites but come up with nothing yet. I can't even find a part number. Anyone that can give me at least the part number for the kit? I would sure appreciate it. thanks much
SteveO

PS I'm new here... hope to visit often and make use of all the great tips, tricks and upgrades!
Welcome, but are you sure you can't find a part number? Did you look at the post right above yours?
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Old 01-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #27 (permalink)

Location: Los Angeles California a life long Minnesota boy transplanted to the Golden State 2011
wow... thx Shadofax... I didn't even see page two on this thread until just now...
exhibiting my rookiness huh?

Thanks for the welcome too. I'm flying to El Paso next week to drive my new coupe home. I've been looking for a coupe for six months or more... and found one I can afford for one... and a color I like too. Pretty excited.
Old 01-25-2013, 10:55 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_sob View Post
wow... thx Shadofax... I didn't even see page two on this thread until just now...
exhibiting my rookiness huh?

Thanks for the welcome too. I'm flying to El Paso next week to drive my new coupe home. I've been looking for a coupe for six months or more... and found one I can afford for one... and a color I like too. Pretty excited.
Good for you!

I've only been on this site since August, when we picked up our coupe. At least you knew what you were looking for, we backed into ours....my wife wanted a sporty toy while we were still working so she could enjoy a fun little convertible like our friends just got (an '07 Sol NA). So we started looking, and as I researched I talked her into moving past the NA's and getting a GXP. Went to look at a sly vert and it was sold when we got there (local). So more online and I literally stumbled on a Brazen coupe being sold. Showed the wife, plus added cost, and she said YES for sure. Brazen was sold that night when I called, but the guy told me about a black one online. Long story....we bought later that night, sight unseen except online pics from the dealer, and had it shipped to us. LOVE this car.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Old 01-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #29 (permalink)

Glad you found that black one when you did. Where did you ship it from? Brazen orange is a great color too and I see the allure! I've watched many come and go and MANY priced way out of my range too. I was starting to think I would never find one but instead be relegated to watching the prices go up up up.

You hit on the other factor too... ugg shipping! I priced a few clean across the country.... ouch $. Any way I live in Los Angeles and found a nice one in El Paso.
So thursday I'm off for a little road trip.

BTW I've found a couple soft tops online already with that Part number! thx again. running about $895 + tax. In LA a soft top might just be mandatory for me.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:21 PM   #30 (permalink)

Ours was in GA. Shipping was not bad, $700 uncovered. I'd rather ship than drive. I was going to rent a trailer and drive my bronco out and pick it up but that would have actually cost me more. And 1 way plane flight and 1600 mile drive was not appealing to me, the car had just turned 4100 miles so I didn't want to go put that mileage on a drive back to colorado.

Anyway, the soft top is nice for emergency, it's a bit of a pain too, being honest. You can put it together easy enough, it's just the fact that you have to lay out a towel or something and put your erector set on the ground and put it together (couple minutes tops) before you can put it on. But the top itself when on is a nice piece IMO, just be very careful when storing it given the cost of these. I don't leave ours folded up, it's in the basement sitting like it's ready to be put on. When you put it in the storage bag, use some towels, I found that the little buttons can make indents in the top material. You'll see once you have the top in hand.
GMPP tune
DDM Venom Brace
DDM Probeam

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.