06 solstice trunk lid - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > General Tech, Platform Common Issues & Solutions
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)

06 solstice trunk lid

does anyone have any info on how to adjust rear deck lid it sticks up a little by the tail light.
tranydoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2013, 12:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

welcome to the forum. do a quick search and you will find that there is a document posted on how to make adjustments to the decklid.

Solstice/SKY Body Adjustment PDF
Old 01-27-2013, 01:24 PM   #3 (permalink)

Hi. In my experience, it has been a process, not an event. Just for the database, open your trunk and take a real close look at your main hinges on both sides. Is there any paint scraping wear? Is anything bent? Close the hood and watch the operation of the hinges. I say this because I started to adjust my trunk for the same problem you are having and I noticed my hinge was bent way out of whack.

At first, I thought it was just an adjustment. See page two of this post to see some pictures. Rear Deck Hinge Bolt

Why did it get bent? Who knows. I am the second owner. I have the part. It just has to get warm enough here in southern Virginia for me to install it. Anyhow, if the hinges are not up to snuff, all the adjusting in the world will only make your overall condition worse. As much as I love this car (2008 Base Premium) the body panel fitment is worse than any other car I have ever seen, excepting the Original Griswald Family Truck'ster.

If you read the PDF, the instructions are pretty much right on. The pictures are OK, but sometimes the text is a bit off. The movement of things is easy. The problem is you move it to one place, and then someplace else pops up, or down. It can be accomplished; it's just a process. If you would not mind, can you post some pictures of your condition and your work? I am very interested in lining up the body panels, and I prefer to see the real deal daily driver out in someone's backyard, rather than two guys working on a new car in a shop.

Last edited by omw41; 01-27-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: wear/ware
omw41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2013, 08:19 AM   #4 (permalink)

Don't be dissin' the truckster. lol
Old 01-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenwire View Post
Don't be dissin' the truckster. lol

Sorry Clark.
omw41 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JewJenk
Usually the hinges are bent, because someone opened the trunk and it was windy, causing the trunk lid to fly open and overextend itself........Common to non or first time soltice owners.
Old 03-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #7 (permalink)

my 06 seems to shut good but you have to push the top down real good. I don't know if it's common buy I have 2 small dents on the rear deck and I guess this is from someone forcing the lid shut without having the top all the way in. almost tempted to take out my rubber mallet and knock them in but don't want to crack the paint so unless someone has done it with good results, I guess I'll live with it.

Charlie
TX08manualGXP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

well, I just answered this myself. this forun is already paying off. page 25 of the body adjustment PDF. Now all I got to do it replace the hinges. anyone done this yet?

Charlie
TX08manualGXP is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.