Battery light symbol on DIC - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > General Tech, Platform Common Issues & Solutions
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founding Member

Battery light symbol on DIC

Last Saturday after the installation of my Z0K shock/springs the Battery light symbol appeared on the DIC.
Had the shop that did the installation of the Z0K check the battery and the alternator and everything was fine.
Did a couple of key cycles and also look into the fuse box, but it did not disappear from the DIC.
Car behave normally and start it fine Saturday then Monday and Tuesday on it's way to the Dealer.
Need it to have the alignment done and on Tuesday while at the Dealer, I mentioned the problem to my Service advisor.
He quickly without thinking said, you probably need a new battery or your alternator is bad.
Folks although my car is a GXP 2007 and was purchased in August of 2006 it only has 5000 miles on the DIC.
I said NO, both were checked already by a competent shop mechanic, so no that is not the solution.
Here is what the GM tech found:
Verified customer concern inspected charging system,charging normal.
FOUND BULLETIN 07-06-04-015 REPROGRAMMED ECM WITH LATEST CALIBRATION 771.0
Problem fixed.
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.
No XM/OnStar and NO Spoiler.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
First 1000. Aggressive with everything, NO XM/OnStar. SOLD
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
LatinVenom is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2010, 07:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

I really hate when they jump to a conclusion like that. Glad the tech did his job
2009 Solstice GXP Wicked born 7/8/08-Solo stacked center, Norms rear valance, JPM seat belt holder - center console - shifter - lumbar support, ASAP fog light honeycomb covers, flash2pass, aeroforce gauges - Pro Beam, Backbone DDM, HID lights, LED dome lights, Shorty Antenna, Wind Restrictor v2, GMPP tune, Splash Guards, heated seats and 3 stooges under the hood
POCI - Little Rhody Chapter
http://kronus.us
GaryDN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 05:20 AM   #3 (permalink)

If that is the stock battery, about 3 years is about all they are good for, even without the light expect to need a new battery soon.

By the way I know of at least one tuner who incorporates all the latest updates in his tunes, he gets them from GM direct, and his updates are free.
RMR Style Bar.
SSR Type C wheels, Nitto 555's
DDM Works PINK Breastplate, PRO Beam
HKS Coilovers
GXP Z0K rear sway bar with urethane bushings
Custom Jonymac glass wind screen, one of a kind.
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub
lil goat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 05:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
Founding Member

The Tune I had was the Latest from DDM and had been in the car for about 3 months maybe longer with no issues.
Not sure why it showed up like it did.
Air, $960; Chrome Wheels, $545; PCQ, Premium Package (Leather), $525; Radio, 6-Disc with MP3, $495; Monsoon, $395; Premium Acoustic Headliner, $150; and Sport Metallic Pedals, $115; all totals $29,180.00.

MODS (Magnaflow 2.5", BTF Turbo Upgrade wheel,DDM BB,ProBean&tune, Vntrshield, LVKFCB, JPM.
~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
Old 04-22-2010, 06:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

I know Trifecta tune also gets latest file from GM, then modifies it.
Old 04-23-2010, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjogavinmo View Post
I know Trifecta tune also gets latest file from GM, then modifies it.
That is not exactly how it works, you get the updates and apply them to the file from your ECM, Trifecta or any other tuner does not get tunes from GM, if you want to get any updates from GM you better have a relationship with a specific dealer and do work for them, GM does not give that stuff out. The tuner I speak of does all the GMPP upgrades for a dealer, and some other performance work as well.

In order to get the updates and install them you need a $5000 Tech II device, anyone can buy one but then you need access to the GM network to download them, I am not saying Trifecta does not install the updates, but it is not all that simple.

You can also read and copy the updates from a car that has them with HP Tuners or some other software and then transfer them to another tune.
RMR Style Bar.
HKS Coilovers
Eclipse AVN726e; ZED Audio Leviathan, Image Dynamics tweeters, CTS door subs, active crossover tri-amped. Audio Control 6 channel 30 band parametric EQ.
JL Audio 10" sub

Last edited by lil goat; 04-23-2010 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Founding Member

Well if this is an update as I believe also, then the tune on the car should not be affected since it is not part of the tables that were modified by the tuner.
I would love to have Flash Owner make a comment on this issue.
I do not think is a whole re flash of the ECM but just an update of that specific table that controls the battery functions.

~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
Old 04-23-2010, 12:20 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom View Post
Well if this is an update as I believe also, then the tune on the car should not be affected since it is not part of the tables that were modified by the tuner.
I would love to have Flash Owner make a comment on this issue.
I do not think is a whole re flash of the ECM but just an update of that specific table that controls the battery functions.
You are correct if the guy at the dealership knew what he was doing, an update should not effect the tune if done correctly.
RMR Style Bar.
HKS Coilovers
JL Audio 10" sub
Old 04-23-2010, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom
This PCM reprograming (talked about in this thread) includes the diagnostic enhancements for DTC P0626, but it will also include other updates and enhancements.
Any Service Manual, Technical Service Bulletin, Priliminary Service Bulletin, Part, Accessory, Sales or Product information found here on site, should be thought of as correct and accurate as of the date it was posted. After that any information or service procedure should be confirmed as still correct with your dealership.

FAN MAIL TO ME: "Unfortunately, itís attitudes like yours that give dealers a bad reputation."
Small Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2010, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Founding Member

Small Dealer,
Do you mind telling us what those other updates and enhancements are.
Thank you in advance.

~~~~~~~
NASSOA
Founding member
~~~~~~~
Old 04-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by LatinVenom
Do you mind telling us what those other updates and enhancements are.

At the time the P0626 update in question was issued, it would have also included PCM updates for inproved misfire diagnostics.
Any Service Manual, Technical Service Bulletin, Priliminary Service Bulletin, Part, Accessory, Sales or Product information found here on site, should be thought of as correct and accurate as of the date it was posted. After that any information or service procedure should be confirmed as still correct with your dealership.

FAN MAIL TO ME: "Unfortunately, itís attitudes like yours that give dealers a bad reputation."
Small Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.