Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

driver's interor door handle

12K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  sirwm 
#1 ·
went to open my door and something broke in the handle having trouble finding anything online for replacing the part can only find replacement part for exterior handle. has anyone else had this problem

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum

Yes. You can order a Cobalt interior door assembly, remove the chrome handle and ise it as a replacement. There are a couple of threads here with part numbers and instructions

#5 ·
I agree with Rob, Colbalt handles fit. Make sure you check threads on taking door panel off and replacing handle before starting as it will save you a lot of headaches. Only the handle part of the Colbalt assembly will fit so that assembly needs to be taken apart first, carefully.

#6 ·
There's a couple of vids on YT for the exterior door handle removal and replacement, but they are worth watching to see how to remove the interior door panel. When removing the interior door panel do not let it fall, the door rod is connected to a small plastic part, that in turn in connected to the interior door handle. You'll see what I'm talking about when you look behind the door panel.

#8 ·
Interior door handle fix

I would like to reply to the issue of the broken interior door handle on the Solstice.

Yes, it is true that GM only provided replacements assemblies for the door handle that forced you to buy the entire interior door panel for the Pontiac Solstice but the those panel assemblies are no longer in production. I have discovered that the Exact same interior door handles used in the Solstice is also used on the Pontiac G5 (2006-2009) left side p/n 22722755 / right side P/N 22722754 that is available through Amazon and other parts dealers for around $20.

The part comes installed in a bezel with the hinge pin and spring that you can disassemble and easily install in the Solstice. You will need to remove the door panel to get access to the hinge pin. The solstice comes with a plastic pin , Slide the pin up to remove the old handle. I recommend using the new steel pin and spring on the replacement. install it from the top and secure it with the E-clip on the bottom. The part is an exact replacement and looks good.

I hope this helps any one who may have the same problem I had.
good luck

Attachments

#9 ·
Door handle

Thanks, this is appreciated!
In addition to the handle, I also need to replace the interior door handle cable (that's the spring-loaded cable that's pulled by the door handle).
Do you know of any sources for a replacement cable?
Hopefully the Pontiac G5 uses the same cable hardware.

#12 ·
so, what is the part number that you found ?

#11 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.