How to Program the Solstice remote keyless entry? - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > General Tech, Platform Common Issues & Solutions
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

How to Program the Solstice remote keyless entry?

Does anyone know how to program the Solstice remote keyless entry?

I want to avoid going to the dealer like a rat avoids cats. Our local dealer is horrible. Also I have seen other new cars with simple instructions. thanks in advance

Added 03-30-2009: Just to clarify I want to program both the remote control and transponder key that I purchased off of eBay to work with my Solstice. I have seen similar instructions for both. The example below is for a GMC truck.
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder - do not turn ignition switch.
3. Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch (This is the switch on the door, NOT the remote).
4. While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF ON, OFF. (3 TIMES)
5. Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock one time to confirm the program mode is actuated. Remove the key from the ignition.
6. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button on one keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters. Reprogram any existing remotes at this time as they have been erased.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.

Last edited by springstorm; 03-30-2009 at 02:32 PM.
springstorm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2009, 03:41 AM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by springstorm View Post
Does anyone know how to program the Solstice remote keyless entry?

I want to avoid going to the dealer like a rat avoids cats. Our local dealer is horrible. Also I have seen other new cars with simple instructions. thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum, springstorm.

There are some remote adjustments you can do through the DIC [Driver Information Center].

If you let us know what you want to do, I'm sure there's a lot of folks who can tell you how to do it.

Again, welcome.
Crimson Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 11:46 AM   #3 (permalink)

Look in section three of your owners manual.

Ron

Sly/ebony leather/MP3/Power Pkg./Premium Pkg./Convenience Pkg./ABS/Stick

VIN117129
coiran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #4 (permalink)

The manual says go to your dealer
Quote:
Originally Posted by coiran View Post
Look in section three of your owners manual.

Ron
Old 03-30-2009, 02:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thanks for the reply and the welcome Anyhow I clarified my request above. I want to program both a new remote and new key to work with my GXP without having to go to the dealer.

I have seen instructions for other makes but have not seen the instructions for the solstice yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Avenger View Post
Welcome to the forum, springstorm.

There are some remote adjustments you can do through the DIC [Driver Information Center].

If you let us know what you want to do, I'm sure there's a lot of folks who can tell you how to do it.

Again, welcome.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Eddie8
To program a transponder key you need a tech2. Come to NY and I'll due it for ya
Eddie8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #7 (permalink)

You do not have to have a tech2 to program the transponder key.

I did it in the following way:

Turn ignition on with working key.
Turn ignition off.
Turn ignition on with new transponder key within 5 seconds.
Abracadabra you just saved a $100 (dealer costs)

I still need to program the remote and most cars can do it in a similar fashion.

Can anyone help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie8 View Post
To program a transponder key you need a tech2. Come to NY and I'll due it for ya
Mean Yellow GXP...a work in progress. I have a number of modifications that are underway but I have been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...so I am working on the mods when I can.
www.WitchKing.net
Old 04-04-2009, 05:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

To program the key fob, though, you need a dealer, or a tech2 - the computer has to be taught to recognize the encoding of the fob.
Deep, steel/sand, loaded except standard radio and no smoker's; #08974
Mods: Kappasphere CAI, Clear Image Shorty Header, second horn, visor decals, mudflaps, tonneau cover, brake light flasher, trailer hitch, 'lil Chromies, trunk monkey, retune, DDMWorks backbone, GMPP Suspension, wood grain dash, Solo Quiet cat-back exhaust, deleted:Solo high-flow cat
WintR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

I don't understand - If you have a standard OEM keyfob all the programming instructions are listed in your user manual section 3 - If you do not have a copy I will e mail a pdf to you.

ROn

Sly/ebony leather/MP3/Power Pkg./Premium Pkg./Convenience Pkg./ABS/Stick

VIN117129
coiran is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2009, 06:38 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't understand - If you have a standard OEM keyfob all the programming instructions are listed in your user manual section 3 - If you do not have a copy I will e mail a pdf to you.

ROn
Interesting! Section 3 of my '09 manual has nothing about programming the key or the fob. Section 2 does tell how to program a KEY but says you must go to the dealer to program the key FOB.

If you do end up sending out a .pdf, please put me on your distribution list.

Thanks,
Radio Doc
Radio Doc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2009, 02:14 PM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via Skype™ to Eddie8
[QUOTE=springstorm;832194]You do not have to have a tech2 to program the transponder key.

Sorry, I meant transmitter.
Eddie8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 07:36 AM   #12 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to blaze314
So just to clarify, there is no way to program a keyless entry fob?

If someone could let me know, a PM or what not, I have to get my fob programmed and I'm sure the dealership is going to screw me somehow. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
blaze314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #13 (permalink)

Is there a way to do this on a 2006 that doesn't have the unlock/lock switches on the doors? Thanks in advance.

2007 National Meet-Nashville | Natchez Trace | Arriving Thursday | Wine Run Friday

hit deer night of 12/28/06, in shop 12/29/06, returned 2/21/07 | Deer vs. Solstice | Pictures
jrobideaux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 11:17 AM   #14 (permalink)

I know for a fact that you can program the key fob to work with your car. At least I know for a fact on the Sky, because I accidentally programmed my wife's key fob for her Sky onto my Sky. Then I had to go to the dealer to have it reprogrammed back onto her car because I had no way to undo what I did.

Here is the thing: If you have a working key fob, you can program the car to recognize additional key fobs. Using the working key fob, you press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts the car into learn mode. You will find the instructions under the Tire Sensor re-learn instructions in your owner's manual. What the manual doesn't tell you is that learn mode also searches for any nearby key fobs. I found out the hard way that you don't want your wife's keys nearby when you are reprogramming the tire sensors on your car. Then I was screwed because we only had the one key fob for my wife's car, so I had no way to put her car back into learn mode to fix my screw up.

At least that is how it works on the SKY, so I assume it would work the same on the Solstice.
GS Stage 1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:

ROn
i just purchased a 2008 solstice remotes wont work and didnt get manual could you send me the procedure
rogersheila is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.