Does anyone know how to program the Solstice remote keyless entry?
I want to avoid going to the dealer like a rat avoids cats. Our local dealer is horrible. Also I have seen other new cars with simple instructions. thanks in advance
Added 03-30-2009: Just to clarify I want to program both the remote control and transponder key that I purchased off of eBay to work with my Solstice. I have seen similar instructions for both. The example below is for a GMC truck.
1. Close all the vehicle doors.
2. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder - do not turn ignition switch.
3. Press and hold the DOOR unlock switch (This is the switch on the door, NOT the remote).
4. While holding the DOOR lock switch in the unlock position, cycle the ignition ON, OFF, ON, OFF ON, OFF. (3 TIMES)
5. Release the DOOR unlock switch. The doors will lock and unlock one time to confirm the program mode is actuated. Remove the key from the ignition.
6. Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK button and the UNLOCK button on one keyless remote for approximately 15 seconds, the doors will lock and unlock to confirm the programming of that transmitter.
7. Repeat the previous step to program up to four transmitters. Reprogram any existing remotes at this time as they have been erased.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the ON (one more click forward) position in order to exit the keyless entry transmitter mode.
9. Operate the transmitter functions in order to verify correct system operation.
Last edited by springstorm; 03-30-2009 at 03:32 PM.
You do not have to have a tech2 to program the transponder key.
I did it in the following way:
Turn ignition on with working key.
Turn ignition off.
Turn ignition on with new transponder key within 5 seconds.
Abracadabra you just saved a $100 (dealer costs)
I still need to program the remote and most cars can do it in a similar fashion.
Can anyone help?
Originally Posted by Eddie8
To program a transponder key you need a tech2. Come to NY and I'll due it for ya
Mean Yellow GXP...a work in progress. I have a number of modifications that are underway but I have been busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs...so I am working on the mods when I can. www.WitchKing.net
I know for a fact that you can program the key fob to work with your car. At least I know for a fact on the Sky, because I accidentally programmed my wife's key fob for her Sky onto my Sky. Then I had to go to the dealer to have it reprogrammed back onto her car because I had no way to undo what I did.
Here is the thing: If you have a working key fob, you can program the car to recognize additional key fobs. Using the working key fob, you press the lock and unlock buttons simultaneously for about 5 seconds. That puts the car into learn mode. You will find the instructions under the Tire Sensor re-learn instructions in your owner's manual. What the manual doesn't tell you is that learn mode also searches for any nearby key fobs. I found out the hard way that you don't want your wife's keys nearby when you are reprogramming the tire sensors on your car. Then I was screwed because we only had the one key fob for my wife's car, so I had no way to put her car back into learn mode to fix my screw up.
At least that is how it works on the SKY, so I assume it would work the same on the Solstice.
The AutoGuide.com network consists of the largest network of enthusiast-owned enthusiast-operated automotive communities.
AutoGuide.com provides the latest car reviews, auto show coverage, new car prices, and automotive news. The AutoGuide network operates more than 100 automotive forums where our users consult peers for shopping information and advice, and share opinions as a community.