My Car Will Not Start!!!! - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Technical Solstice Discussion > General Tech, Platform Common Issues & Solutions
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2007, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Car Will Not Start!!!!

When I came out to start my car, I turned the key and nothing happened, the little light came on that shows a car with a lock on it, i'm guessing that that is the immobilizer or what i found in the manuel the PASSKEY 3+. Does any one know how to reset it? I do not have an aftermarket alarm on my car and all I had done was a aftermarket keyless entry put on.

Can someone help!

Thanks,

Rcola
'08 Carbon "Flash" Metallic ,Beautiful Color : ). Fully Loaded, DDMWorks Stage II Supercharger, Short Flexible Antenna, Rear GM Splash Guards, Solo Street Race Exhaust(No Muffler), Custom Red "Flash" Windrestrictor and Flash Lighted Door Sill, JPM Custom "Flash" Center Console, Door Inserts, Auto Shifter Replacement and Steering Wheel, VDI Door Kit, DDMWorks Probeam, Backbone and Coil cover Stage II Supercharger, BC Racing Coilovers, Norms F430 Front Bumper Too much to list

Last edited by rcola; 03-30-2007 at 06:50 AM.
rcola is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2007, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

dude.

dude do this now! ... unhook the + from the battery wait 30 sec. chill ... then reconnect, and try . if not dealer is ur best friend ! . im takin mines in because i got a check eng.light on . because i drive aggresive i think the ecu cant adapt to my crazy driving !!!.. the boost goes crazy! ,,,lol but i love my car
xjrod2025x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 03:47 AM   #3 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to zzzybil
dead battery

i had same thing left lights on..........overnight trickle charge battery and its good
- i was all worried about security thing - book said if doors open trunk etc if car senses someone breaking in and other about changing keys etcetc....
but it was just needing a charge

42lb injectors
3" tubes front to back
10 boost
trim 50 garrett t3/t4 custom- bare bones pumpking
38mm tial wastegate / bov
custom i/c (BELL)
Werks radiator
aem wideband
gxp exhaust /magna flo - integrated dumptube
custom manifold (sh**er the skunk )
hi flo cat
HPTUNING -
(tune therapy -> randy @DDM)
JET-HOT 2000
aerologic egt kit
DDM backbone
AEM boost control
custom .08ss heatshield
SPEC 2+ UNsprung

YEAH I DID THAT !
zzzybil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 06:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjrod2025x View Post
dude do this now! ... unhook the + from the battery wait 30 sec. chill ... then reconnect, and try . if not dealer is ur best friend ! . im takin mines in because i got a check eng.light on . because i drive aggresive i think the ecu cant adapt to my crazy driving !!!.. the boost goes crazy! ,,,lol but i love my car
xjrod i tried disconnecting the battery for 30 sec did not work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzybil View Post
i had same thing left lights on..........overnight trickle charge battery and its good
- i was all worried about security thing - book said if doors open trunk etc if car senses someone breaking in and other about changing keys etcetc....
but it was just needing a charge
I tried jumping it to see if i it needed extra juice but that did not work either.

Thanks for the help.
'08 Carbon "Flash" Metallic ,Beautiful Color : ). Fully Loaded, DDMWorks Stage II Supercharger, Short Flexible Antenna, Rear GM Splash Guards, Solo Street Race Exhaust(No Muffler), Custom Red "Flash" Windrestrictor and Flash Lighted Door Sill, JPM Custom "Flash" Center Console, Door Inserts, Auto Shifter Replacement and Steering Wheel, VDI Door Kit, DDMWorks Probeam, Backbone and Coil cover Stage II Supercharger, BC Racing Coilovers, Norms F430 Front Bumper Too much to list
Old 03-30-2007, 07:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

Location: Under an invisibility cloak, somewhere in the Northeast
Have you tried your other key yet?
Any Service Manual, Technical Service Bulletin, Priliminary Service Bulletin, Part, Accessory, Sales or Product information found here on site, should be thought of as correct and accurate as of the date it was posted. After that any information or service procedure should be confirmed as still correct with your dealership.

FAN MAIL TO ME: "Unfortunately, itís attitudes like yours that give dealers a bad reputation."
Small Dealer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 02:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Small Dealer View Post
Have you tried your other key yet?
Small Dealer, I was only given one key when i bought the car, that was a good idea, thats what the manual suggests if that key does not work.
Thanks for your help

UPDATE: I was told to call roadside assistance, and they came and took my sol to the local dealership, no charge. will let you know what i find out.

Rcola
Old 03-30-2007, 04:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Founding Member

Rcola,

Be SURE to make the dealer give you a second key. This will probably never happen again, but, ...
Envious, ebony leather, loaded, DDM Stage II S/C, headers/cat/exhaust, 4-piston brakes/slotted rotors, Probeam, Backbone, Lil' Chromies, K-sphere pedals, Kazera KZ-L wheels, the TWEETY door unlock/lock button, High Note horn, Brushed Al door sills, etched/lighted WindRestrictor, white LED map/footwell lights, 3rd brake light pulser. --- She moves!
Chemist is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 06:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Based off what you've described, I'd have to guess you need to do a security re-learn with your one key.

1. Turn key to "run" and leave on for 10 minutes or till security light turns off.
2. Leave key in "off" position for 30 to 60 seconds.
3. Repeat process 2 additional times.
4. After you have done that let car sit in "off" position for another 10 minutes.
FrankN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 08:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankN View Post
Based off what you've described, I'd have to guess you need to do a security re-learn with your one key.

1. Turn key to "run" and leave on for 10 minutes or till security light turns off.
4. After you have done that let car sit in "off" position for another 10 minutes.
Man, it does sound like what I went through with my ex's car. I don't remember what passkey version her 97 Grand Am was, but I went through this with it during my install of a remote starter, and once after that for no particular reason. It would start and die. Went through a similar process to fix .

Sold: 07 Solstice, black, 5spd manual, convenience, preferred, and premium packages, LSD, Monsoon, XM, A/C, ABS, chrome wheels.
Mods: DDM Stage II SC, Probeam, Race Backbone. Solo SQR-2 catback. Norm's first Solstice rear fascia. JPM center console. DashHawk.
RevmanII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 08:29 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:

Step 5. Charge battery

My neighbor had his battery go dead (GMC pickup) by just leaving the key in the ignition in the off position. He was told by the dealer that leaving the key in the ignition, even in the off position, uses current. Must have something to do with the keylock safety.
Chet-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2007, 04:21 AM   #11 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to JewJenk
One key?????? you just brought a new car, get all your keys ASAP. It's amazing what a person will accept from the car dealer. What if you gat locked out of the vehicle, lost the key or as in your case now, the one key is not working and you were forced to have the car towd to the dealer, it is possible that the second key may have worked and I do believe that if you needed another key, you need both original keys to program a third or fourth key. what if you were somewhere wher you possible couldn't get GM tow?

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I just don't fathom the idea of buying something and not getting all that is due........
Old 03-31-2007, 09:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Has anyone ever priced a new key, including programming. I haven't, but was told by various people, including someone who had to have it done, anywheres from $80.00 to $200.00
Chet-O is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2007, 07:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcola View Post
Small Dealer, I was only given one key when i bought the car.
Wow thats weird.

Ordered 11/12/05
Black, manual trans, Premium package, power package, convenience package, floor mats, AC, XM radio, LSD, and Polished Wheels Produced 6/1! VIN:18718

Mods: Fujita CAI, Stubbie Attenna, Lil Chromies, Third Brake Overlay, 35% Tint. Solo Headers, Solo Exhaust.
SmokinSolstice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewJenk View Post
One key?????? you just brought a new car, get all your keys ASAP. It's amazing what a person will accept from the car dealer. What if you gat locked out of the vehicle, lost the key or as in your case now, the one key is not working and you were forced to have the car towd to the dealer, it is possible that the second key may have worked and I do believe that if you needed another key, you need both original keys to program a third or fourth key. what if you were somewhere wher you possible couldn't get GM tow?

Sorry if I sounded a little harsh, but I just don't fathom the idea of buying something and not getting all that is due........
I bought this car from a dealer friend in Nashville used it is a 2006 and he said to go and get a key made when i got back in town, and he would pay for it, i just haven't gotten one made.

Quote:

I wish i had know that before I took it to the dealership, would have saved me a trip.

Do you guys know why my VIN, when it was brought up on the computer, would show that the warranty is expired even though it only has 2700 miles and is a 2006?

I appreciate everybody's help.

Rcola
Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Sol Driving Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcola View Post
I bought this car from a dealer friend in Nashville used it is a 2006 and he said to go and get a key made when i got back in town, and he would pay for it, i just haven't gotten one made.

I wish i had know that before I took it to the dealership, would have saved me a trip.

Do you guys know why my VIN, when it was brought up on the computer, would show that the warranty is expired even though it only has 2700 miles and is a 2006?

I appreciate everybody's help.

Rcola
You bought it as a used car from a dealer friend? Was it a GM program car? That could possibly explain the warranty issue.

My suggestion would be to go back to or call that dealer friend so that he can get to the bottom of the warranty issue for you.

12 . . . Solstice Coupe List - January 2012

Wicked 2009 Solstice GXP Coupe on order 24 October 2008 Produced 7 April 2009 Delivered 6 May 2009 VIN 1G2MT25X59Y000038 (Watched her come off the truck)

Original 2006 NA Ordered: 8 Sep 2005 Delivered to dealer 15 Dec 2005 (Watched her come off the truck) Traded 6 May 2009 #5357
GO_DRVN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.