Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Remove baterry, Sol dont start.

3K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnWR 
#1 ·
Hi, yestarday i remove the battery of the Solstice, today put the battery in the place again. Solstice wont start, lock light flash in the dash. Anyone knows how to resset?

#2 ·
Yes
You need to follow the key relearn procedure.

1. First, insert the ignition key and turn the ignition switch to the “On” position (Do not start the engine). Leave the switch on for 11 minutes. The security light may flash or be on steady during this 11 minute period. Make sure the light is no longer on or flashing before proceeding to #2 .
2. Turn the ignition switch off for 30 seconds.
3. Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position (as in step #1) for 11 minutes again.
4. Turn the ignition switch off for another 30 seconds.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position for 11 minutes a third time.
6. Turn the ignition switch off for 30 seconds one final time.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the “On” position one final time and wait 30 seconds.
8. Attempt to start the engine. If the engine starts and runs normally, the relearn is complete. If the engine does not start, check for trouble codes and address them before attempting the relearn procedure again.

#6 ·
#5 ·
Disconnect my battery every year when the car goes in storage and never had an issue so no ColoradoGXP, it might happen but I've never had an issue. Not sure why this would happen.

#11 ·
I had the battery out of my car for over a month during a rebuild and the key worked fine when I put it back together. (Everything ELSE was an issue...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.