» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Pontiac Solstice Forum

Pontiac Solstice Forum (http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/)
-   Solstice and other Automotive Related News (http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f13/)
-   -   New Corvette Stingray with pics (http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f13/new-corvette-stingray-pics-74134/)

Sleepy 01-13-2013 08:07 PM

New Corvette Stingray with pics

rob the elder 01-13-2013 10:15 PM

It looks like a Camero...strange

Radio Doc 01-14-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob the elder (Post 1108603)
It looks like a Camero...strange

I dunno...

...reminds me a little of a 240Z that been doctored by Mr. Bangal, late of BMW Z-4 fame (as in "Bangalized").

OSUCherokee 01-14-2013 07:19 AM

I do not like the rear fascia. That is not a Corvette rear end. It's a horrible blend of Lexus LFA and Camaro. Everything else is great.

wspohn 01-14-2013 07:40 AM

Doesn't do it for me. I'd rather have the new Jag F type shape.

rob the elder 01-14-2013 09:32 AM

I agree. They went hard edged and brought in the styling theme of the Camero none of which looks particularly appealing to me.

I like the Sky a lot better. At least its an honest design while the Vette looks like it was done by committee with muddled objectives in mind.

Northern Sol 01-14-2013 09:50 AM

Vette tales!

It is not working for me either. I agree about the back not looking right. Maybe need to see one up close or driving by. When the 1984 body design came out I drooled and dreamed of getting one. I almost got a used 84 in 1986 but it fell through. In hindsight I was glad it did as that year had a lot of bugs. Finally in 1988 I got a 1985 in two tone metallic blue. It was my 30th birthday present to me:cool:. Had her for 18 years and loved her. After she died and I finished grieving I got my Sol as my 50th birthday present to me. :devil:

Maybe I am just getting old or maybe I am just really happy with my Sol. I just don't feel the excitement when I look at the pics of the new Vette. If I got to drive one that might be another story!:willy::willy::willy:

KappaKadet 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Took that long to design and _this_ is what they came up with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Sol (Post 1108636)
It is not working for me either.

I agree about the back not looking right.

:agree:

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/at...one90vette.jpg

No distinct 4 tail lights ~ ~ ~ ~ no Corvette.

ChopTop 01-14-2013 10:12 AM

Excellent vids

Vid 1
2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray / Z51 Revealed - CAR and DRIVER - YouTube!

Vid 2

Appearance wise, looks like an American had an illegitimate child with a Italian (whether it was a street-hooker or high-class-call-girl is a personal opinion). Part of me is glad they took an evolutionary approach part of me wished they'd gone revolutionary and rendered an refined American style rather than a copy-cat, European direction.

Technical wise; refinement, refinement, refinement was mandated in all areas.

Length 177 (longer than C6, similar to C5), 48 height, 73 wide.

Basically, auto pundits will now have to rely on driving skill rather than brand bias or the old "best bang for buck" moniker when making comparison test to Porsche or Ferrari.

Bottom line, a truly a world-class, sports car that should garner more fans world-wide.

Money wise, while it's claimed prices won't change much I predict prices will indeed be hiked up slowly to justify quality, improvements, and profit.

All the more reason GM should reconsider resurrecting the the Kappa II. :devil:

Manuel 01-14-2013 11:00 AM

ugly , very ugly , no style

BellaVerde 01-14-2013 02:35 PM

I like it! Unique as any car can be these days. I, too, would prefer 4 round tail lamps to the Camaro knock-offs. Ganged exhausts, sharp corners...just a reflection of where GM is going these days.

Treeman 01-14-2013 03:27 PM

It needs a butt-ectomy. Otherwise, I like it.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AutoGuide App

GS Stage 1 01-14-2013 03:31 PM

I am still trying to get my mind around this car:

I just seems like they took a lot of design elements from existing/previous (Camaro, Sky, original Stingray, Stingray Prototype, etc. etc.) and through them in a blender.

I am sure everyone at GM felt the Stingray Prototype was to over the top to go to mass production: But when I looked at that car I thought; "Now that is a truly original American Design".

I had such high hopes for the C7; just don't know anymore. Maybe when they come out with the rag top, that will change my mind.......

LatinVenom 01-14-2013 07:14 PM

The new Viper is my choice but this Stingray is not bad, I think if the price remains like the 2012's it will get a lot of sales.

Shadofax 01-14-2013 08:49 PM

I like the whole thing. But I'd agree with Vette enthusiasts that the back seems like a rob from the camaro (though I think it still looks nice). It seems to me rather more soft and rounded in the front, and very linear and harsh in the rear, again not necessarily odd. But to call it a "stingray", I'm not seeing. The stingray corvette of old had the big bulging soft lines over both front and rear wheelwells, and the stingray bumper, this car is not reminding me of a stingray gliding along in the ocean.