Forum dead?! - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Off Topic > General Off Topic
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2013, 11:54 AM   #1 (permalink)
Member
 
shadowsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leominster, Massachusetts
Forum dead?!

Hey guys is there a better forum out there i love the gxp forum but even for a car thats discontinued, not much action or posts going on?

I have some questions about the car that i've searched and when i find the answers half the members don't post here anymore or are mia. So no offence to the current members here but just looking for a more lively crowd.
shadowsonic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator
 
MomsSol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In a frozen land, far away.
Send a message via AIM to MomsSol
Winter causes a noticeable decrease in members. There are some other smaller forums that are at about the same with regard to "winter slowdown".

All forums will pick back up when Spring gets here.
__________________
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles


"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
MomsSol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Member
 
TomatoSoup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
There's also the kappaperformance forum, but it tends to drop off as well, or even more, during winter. However, either forum has regulars who'll answer questions if you ask them. (Just remember to google-search your questions first - if it's a common question that's been answered many times, your may well get flamed otherwise.)
__________________
Owner of "Campbelle", a Brazen 2008 GXP ... with mods piling up...
TomatoSoup is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Member
 
TomShadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Warren, Michigan
I've been on this forum just over 4 years now. I NEVER KNEW there was a GXP forum until about 3 weeks ago, when I was doing an online search. I checked it out a bit and noticed most posts were pretty dated.
I like this forum because it has a broader audience, therefore more information is passed.
JUst my opinion.
TomShadow is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Member
 
shadowsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leominster, Massachusetts
Thanks for the quick response guys i wish there was a bigger northeast crowd specially for modding.
shadowsonic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Administrator
 
MomsSol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: In a frozen land, far away.
Send a message via AIM to MomsSol
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsonic View Post
Thanks for the quick response guys i wish there was a bigger northeast crowd specially for modding.
Northeast, specifically Joe (DeepBlueGXP), hosts the largest Mod Meet anywhere. They've even had an owner come all the way from Romania!

Can't get much bigger for the Northeast!
__________________
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!

#139640 '07 NA Sly Fully Loaded 12/1/07- Wester's Tune, CAI, Magnaflow Stainless Catback Exhaust, Carolina Custom Armrests and Door Pockets, Custom Painted Engine Cover, Carbon Flash Painted Grills, Custom Painted Guage Bezel, Air Oulets Bezels and Shifter Bezel. DDM Backbone and Brace
#106614 12/15/05 NA Sly Traded @ 35k Miles


"Life's not the breaths you take but the moments that take your breath away" ~ George Strait

Team Solstice

NASSOA(TM)
Founding Member
MomsSol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 07:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Member
 
shadowsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leominster, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MomsSol View Post
Northeast, specifically Joe (DeepBlueGXP), hosts the largest Mod Meet anywhere. They've even had an owner come all the way from Romania!

Can't get much bigger for the Northeast!
Good to know i'll look him up.
shadowsonic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Member
 
llllfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
start at the beginning in read every post that would keep .you busy .
if you do that, that would keep you very busy till next winner .
welcome ,
LLLFLY
__________________
08 PW SKY R/L 5-spd,The Wolf
Winner Goodyear Bimp flight 2010 NASSM
Best of Show Old Bridge,NJ 2011
Winner best interior 2012 NASSM
DDMWorks:,WindRestrictor
Elizabethtown,PA
llllfly is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 11:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Moderator
 
rob the elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Shad,
You just joined. You have 14 posts and you are asking members of many years and thousands of posts to recommend a more lively forum?

How about you ask a question worthy of response. It is dead to you because so far you show no interesting problem nor interesting topic.

How about you go make the same comment on te Sky forum so we can be entertained at least
__________________
Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 05:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Member
 
shadowsonic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Leominster, Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
Shad,
You just joined. You have 14 posts and you are asking members of many years and thousands of posts to recommend a more lively forum?

How about you ask a question worthy of response. It is dead to you because so far you show no interesting problem nor interesting topic.

How about you go make the same comment on te Sky forum so we can be entertained at least
Awww Rob did I hit a nerve don't go getting all worked up understand the facts first I merely asked because like you say members have been here for years. Most of the posts are from years ago and I asked the question because that's what you do when your in a forum i was curious about why it was the way it it I got my answer 6 posts ago in a very well put post but thanks for your input as well I'm not here to argue but to learn and enjoy the new vehicle while making friends here and there.
shadowsonic is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 07:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Central New York
Hey, I have made a few friends and learned a lot from the forum. Your going to have some who always can be a pain in the butt and that is just who and what they are. For the most part the folks on the forum will help you and guide you in the right direction. Post a question or give some advice and enjoy.
j.e.jones jr. is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
Moderator
 
rob the elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowsonic View Post
Awww Rob did I hit a nerve don't go getting all worked up understand the facts first I merely asked because like you say members have been here for years. Most of the posts are from years ago and I asked the question because that's what you do when your in a forum i was curious about why it was the way it it I got my answer 6 posts ago in a very well put post but thanks for your input as well I'm not here to argue but to learn and enjoy the new vehicle while making friends here and there.
LOL

No you did not hit a nerve. But the general tone of your response is one of the contributing factors to your lack of response from the majority of members.

How did you choose to interpret my direct and erudite response as pejorative? Never mind, actually I have lost interest. Forget I was ever here. . . .


Have a great day.
__________________
Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
Founding Member
 
SolNut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Heber Springs, AR
Hey, if you feel the need to occupy a 'DEAD' forum....try Pontiac Solstice Forums............
__________________
H2R
SolNut is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 10:33 AM   #14 (permalink)
Moderator
 
rob the elder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by SolNut View Post
Hey, if you feel the need to occupy a 'DEAD' forum....try Pontiac Solstice Forums............
LOLOLOLOLOL
__________________
Rob the Elder

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2013, 03:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
shadowsonic : ...... like you say members have been here for years. Most of the posts are from years ago .......
Interesting observation. Production ended nearly three years ago, and most of the technical issues and/or mods were discussed, at least for the first time, before that. I should think you would expect most of the technical posts to be "from years ago". Granted there are still new things being done but, for the most part what can be done, has been done. A lot of the recent technical and mod posts have been from new members who either can't find or didn't look for information that has existed on the forum for several years.
__________________
John
Lexington, KY
Sky VIN 00252
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
JRinKY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:07 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.