Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

2009 Pontiac Solstice Street Edition

21K views 45 replies 31 participants last post by  RavenSol 
#1 · (Edited)
This was mentioned in the "2009 Initial Changes" thread, but now that offical information is out, it gets it's own thread.

Looks like it will be Brazen's turn for a special model to start 2009.

This week's GM AutoBook update is now showing a new model for 2009, the (2MK67) Solstice Street Edition. It appears to be along the same lines as the 2008 SCCA special championship editions. A fully loaded one color car.

Some of the information in the AutoBook listing:

-Brazen with Darkside Top

-Black Accent Stripe

-Black Bezel Treatment Headlamps

-Black Grilles

-18" Polished Aluminum Split Spoke Wheels

-Performance Suspension with Adjustible Valve Monotube Shoock Absorbers

-Brushed Aluminum Sill Plates (subject to verification)

-Ebony Leather Trim with Orange Accent Stiching on Seatback, Steering Wheel and Shifter

-2.4L Engine

-Only option is Rear Spoiler and choice of Transmission

More information when it becomes available.

UPDATE:
AaronWV has a post with a photo album that includes pictures of the Street Edition and it's specific wheels. Picasa Web Albums - Aaron - GM Official S...

Each car with get a unique VIN. Ordering will start this month and production will start in mid-August. Expected to run for 3 months and 500 units.

Base Price is $29,310 with manual transmission, and $30,305 with automatic transmission. The only option , the spoiler is $275.

windface or myself will watch for part numbers for the Black Grilles, Black Headlamp Bezels and Wheels as information becomes available.

UPDATE
Pontiac has decided to leave the ordering and production window open longer for the Street Edition. So the "unique VIN" is probably out the window.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
windface or myself will watch for part numbers for the Black Grilles and Balc Headlamp Bezels as information becomes available.
Would it be too much to ask for someone to keep an eye on a part number for those wheels as well? :)

#3 ·
I'm thinking there may be a run on those Black Headlamps!!!

Wonder if I can get my order in now :devil: ?

#4 ·
Yep!! Shows that Steve and the others WERE listening at Mecca!! :woo:

#8 ·
ASTI said:
Adjustable valve shocks! Are those available to order or available on any other vehicle?
The PDF "Hero Card" calls the Street Edition suspension "Z0K racing-inspired".

The order guide shows the Street Edition has the same shocks as the Base Solstice with the Z0K package and the Solstice GXP .

#9 ·
SD.. Bump on the aluminum wheels availability?

#10 ·
I swear I just saw the Street Edition parked inside GM's Ren Cen just this weekend when I was there...

29k... Not too bad... If I hadn't already set my sights on the Solstice Coupe, I'd probably consider this... But I want the LNF so I guess I gotta get a Coupe GXP then...

#18 ·
What a rip-off. No turbo, but a premium price.

#20 ·
I agree on the overpriced fancy pants car with no turbo! 29k? They'll sell 'em all! Let's see, 6k for a sleeper S/C puts it to 35k, and now your talk'n! Ask Brian! ALMOST as fast as a GXP! WAIT A MINUTE! I paid UNDER 28k for Lucy! Westers put it to 350hp. Still not even CLOSE to 35k! Besides, the Brazen color, which is what LadyT ORIGINALLY wanted, it's just pumpkin orange! Sorry Brazen owners, but it's NOT the nice copper-orange colors of the 'Vette or the HHR. It's just pumpkin orange! Haven't actually seen one on the road yet. Has anyone? I KNOW they make them, we saw one in the showroom!
Let's get some p/n's on the fancy pants items, and move on.
Not trying to offend anyone here, JMHO.

#23 ·
Street Edition Parts

Hi people.

I checked stock on the headlights at work the other day, and they still said Future Part Availability, ship direct from source. I can check the part numbers for the wheels and stripes, etc, and let you guys know when they're available, if you like.

Cheers,

Kris

#26 ·
Did we ever see a part number for the wheels?

#29 ·
For those of you living in the Atlanta area, there is one sitting on the lot at the GM/Pontiac Dealership in Gainesville, GA.

I looked at it yesterday and it is a nice looking car but not my cup of tea. The wheels are very attractive, the paint is very nice. The headlights are really not too noticeable (the blacked out section), the black stripe is not impressive at all, the interior is plain Jane except for the stitching. Can not comment about the suspension since I did not drive it. To me, this would be for those few people who are into nice looking cars but have no desire or interest in engine performance.

However, there was a more interesting car at the dealership. They had a new Black G8 sitting on the showroom floor, fully loaded, sticker price around 33K if I remember correctly but red tagged at 27K. This would be a sweet deal for someone who wanted a sport sedan.

Frank I

#30 ·
Pontiac is no longer accepting orders for the Street Edition Solstice Roadster.

Do not remember any site members that have one. Are there any out there?

#32 ·
I saw one of these advertised on cars.com. Just a question - is the orange on this the same as the brazen color? Doesn't look it. It is much more copper looking in the sell sheet picture than the tomato-orange of brazen I have seen in people's photos.

#31 ·
Like the idea of of Street Edition....

Lets face it if someone were to jump at these options, they would be a GXP customer not a NA customer....

I would either modify the 08 Brazen Orange GXP I already have with better deck stripes

~OR~

Look at the Limited Edition SKY which is offered in the REDLINE.

Its a great idea just should have been done on the GXP not the NA.

PS - I am also interested in PART numbers for the RIMS and Headlights BUMP!!!!!

#33 ·
mrozmanith said:
I saw one of these advertised on cars.com. Just a question - is the orange on this the same as the brazen color? Doesn't look it. It is much more copper looking in the sell sheet picture than the tomato-orange of brazen I have seen in people's photos.
Only one Brazen paint code has been used. But you are correct, there have been many photographs posted that make it look different shades.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.