Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

F/S BarretJackson 1/14-22/17 Original Jazz Transformer

5K views 26 replies 9 participants last post by  Steelmesh 
#1 · (Edited)
NOT MINE, found online at ClassicCar.com. Super cool, a chance to own an original Transformer movie car purchased from the GM Heritage Collection, being auction by Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale January 14-22, 2017. VIN 1G2MB33BX6Y100213

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-PONTIAC-SOLSTICE--201645
Scottsdale 2017 Jan 14 - Jan 22, 2017.

Lot #48 - This Solstice was used in the movie "Transformers" as the character Jazz's vehicle in the live-action movie. It was modified for the movie and was purchased from the GM Heritage Collection. The modifications include a hard top, custom front and rear fascia, ground effects, custom wheels and tires along with a rear wing. It has the original ECOTEC 4-cylinder with 5-speed manual transmission, leather seats, air conditioning and full power. This car is a great conversation piece along with being used for promotions and kids who love "Transformers." THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. This vehicle will be conveyed to Buyer with the original General Motors Scrap Title.

See less See more
#2 ·
1G2MB33BX6Y100213:
Manufactured: 6/6/2005
Warranty Date: None
LE5
Solstice Convertible Base

This was a preproduction Base Solstice, never sold to a dealer/customer, thus, no warranty issued. It was an internal use car modified by GM for use by the movie production company.

Cool!

:thumbs:

#4 · (Edited)
SOS - Scrap Titles
Scrap Titles (State of Michigan)
A scrap title is issued to a vehicle that has one or more major component parts (such as bumpers, fenders, transmission, engine, hood, doors, frame, tailgate, body, etc.) that have been wrecked, destroyed, damaged, stolen, or missing to the extent that the total estimated cost of repair (parts and labor) for the vehicle is 91% or more of its pre-damaged value. The owner's insurance company will determine the amount of damage to the vehicle. A Michigan scrap title is red and has the wording "Scrap Title" at the top, while regular Michigan titles are green.

After a scrap title is issued, the vehicle may be used only for parts or scrap metal. It cannot be re-titled or returned to the road using the existing vehicle identification number.

BTW, the description says "GM Scrap Title", but I found no reference online for a "GM Scrap Title". I'm assuming it has a State of MI scrap title mainly because this is where GM world headquarters is located.

Also, wondering if this is the 2006 SEMA goldish Club Racer that was repainted grey or if GM made two different colored Weekend Club Racer cars? Plus is this a carbon fiber hardtop?

#7 · (Edited)
I've seen a few of these pass through the auctions from time to time GM had a house cleaning a few years ago and offered up some of their concept cars all sold with a bill of sale no title . The COPO Camaros that they are currently selling are like this no title /bill of sale which translates into not for street use cannot be registered .

#8 ·
Another dead giveaway that the Jazz Transformer is a pre-production car (other than the VIN #) is the GM Pimple on the door. Once the 1st 1000 cars started down the line the pimple was moved to the front fender where it stayed throughout the entire four year production run.

The weekend club racer does not have the GM pimple at all, and it is/was missing on almost all of the GM show vehicles.

:thumbs:

#16 ·
Just to be clear, is up to the DMV in your State to see if the car can be register once is inspected by them and it passes the inspection.

#17 ·
You missed this part?
THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. This vehicle will be conveyed to Buyer with the original General Motors Scrap Title.
I highly doubt this vehicle, being fairly early in the preproduction sequence, ever had a Certificate of Origin, as it was never intended to be for sale to the public. When GM was done with it, they rebuilt it for the movie people with the GXP-ish front facia, the modified front fenders and the other changes.

I'm just guessing and know nothing for certain.

:dunno:

#18 ·
It's my understanding from all I've read about these cars is that they can't be registered because of the issues that Dave raises in his posts mainly the fact that they don't pass federal regulations especially where emissions and safety standards go . I know the factory drag race cars ie: COPO Camaros & Cobra Jet Mustangs have those things missing because they are not built for street use they are purpose built cars .

#23 · (Edited)
No most of these cars especially ones from manufacturers come with a disclaimer on the bill of sale that states that the car is not made for street use this absolves the manufacturer from any liability claims .One of the things you need to register a car or bike that is home built in Ohio is a bill of sale so having that disclaimer would void the title application and receipts for all the major parts used in the build . I have personal experience with this when I was building bikes if you got a set of Harley engine cases from say someone like S&S ( they are a registered manufacturer )you had to have a bill of sale from S&S showing the specific parts purchased . The only way I can see to legally by pass this would be to have a titled car and then use the parts from the other .Kit cars like the Factory Five Cobra replicas come with documentation and when you go to register the car again you need a bill of sale for the major components engine trans etc. or have a title in your name from a wrecked car that you used the parts from .

#21 · (Edited)
I'm thinking this went to the ultimate Transformer memorabilia collector. Possible falls into the Holy Grail of Transformer collecting, where's Bumble Bee? As it is now you can make a facsimile of the car using Norms & Smoothline parts. Though I'd like to know if the rear spoiler, lower valance, rear bumper, and hood vents were one-off parts or molds since it looks identical to the Gold SEMA Club Racer.

#25 · (Edited)
Sold for $12,100.

Strange, it's up for BJ auction again at no reserve. Lot 358 Wednesday - January 17, 2018, VIN 1G2MB33BX6Y100213. Sold around the same time last year for $11500, or did it? So much for my Transformer superfan theory.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2006-PONTIAC-SOLSTICE-CONVERTIBLE-214247

Description
Lot #358 - This highly-modified Solstice convertible was used in the Hollywood blockbuster movie, "Transformers" as the character Jazz's vehicle. It is powered by a 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine with 5-speed manual transmission. Modifications made to the vehicle for the movie include a hardtop, custom front and rear fascia, ground effects, custom wheels and tires along with a rear wing. It has leather bucket seats, air conditioning and all power options. CARFAX shows General Motors safety recall on 01/31/2008: drive axle pinion seal leak- replace seal; General Motors safety recall on 01/26/2008: Passenger Presence System. THIS IS A MODIFIED VEHICLE. NEITHER GM NOR BARRETT-JACKSON MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, CONCERNING THE VEHICLE, INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE VEHICLE IS NOT CERTIFIED TO COMPLY WITH ANY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS AND MAY NOT BE DRIVEN ON PUBLIC ROADS. **THIS VEHICLE WILL BE CONVEYED TO BUYER WITH THE ORIGINAL GENERAL MOTORS SCRAP TITLE**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.