Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

parting out a 06

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  doug butt 
#1 ·
I have a 06 solstice i bought to fix for my daughter but after getting into it it was more than i wanted to fool with.. Car has 36k miles. other than front car is perfect inside and out. have new parts i have bought before i decided to stop. Does anyone have a site that has info on how to get the top off. I want to sell it and be able to remove with out destroying it. If anyone needs parts i can give my number and send pics.

Thanks Randy

#2 ·
PM Hoosier GXP for directions.

It really is not that hard, I figured it out but it does take two people to take it off to be safe.

I might have interest in the passenger side inner door panel. Mine is an early build so it does not have a door lock button. It would be right in front of the inner door handle. If there is a button, it is newer than my version. Let me know.

#3 ·
There are six nuts that hold the top on and 3 bolts for the support rod that is under the tulip panel. Also you will need to unplug the rear defroster connections. The 6 nuts are visible by looking at the back of the hinge there will be 2 on the top and 1 on the bottom. They are 10 mm in size. The other 3 bolts are 10mm and are located just under the flap of the tulip panel on each side they connect a round black rod, one side has 2 bolts and the other has 1.

#5 ·
A update on the top removal:
There are also 2 more 10mm bolts\nut to remove. They are located just behind the "hump" in the recess below the window. You will find a nut on one side and a stud with a nut on the other. Remove both and the metal bracket they attach will pull up the canvas of the top is connected to this bracket.

#6 ·
As they say pictures are worth.......................

Image 1 shows you the 3 nuts that need to be removed from each side. The ones with the silver colored washer are the only ones you remove, don't looses or remove any others in this area. You access these by pulling loose the rubber drain plug on each side of the vehicle with the top up.

Image 2 shows the location of the bolt located behind the hump ( there will be a nut on the other end of that bracket on the passenger side)

Image 3 shows the 2 black bolts that will need to be removed on the passenger side

I mage 4 shows the single bolt on the same rod on the driver side.

Again don't forget to unplug the rear defroster.

Once all bolts and wires are removed you will have to lift and pull back on the top to be able to remove it. Make sure to pull the bracket loose behind the hump so it is free.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.