For Sale - tuned GXP computer - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Solstice and Solstice Products for Sale Sections > Solstices and Parts for Sale/Want to Buy (incl other vehicles)
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2012, 02:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

For Sale - tuned GXP computer

My 2007 GXP was totalled after being struck from behind by an Avalanche (Chevy Avalanche, absolutely no pun intended).

I have a GXP computer for sale, bought from and tuned by Perfomance AutoWerks. Its tuned for 91 octane. I paid over $500. Will sell for $300 plus actual cost of shipping. Located in Calgary, Alberta. PM me if interested.
pj-33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2012, 09:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

aren't they locked to a vin? meaning if someone buys it they will have to take to dealer to get it changed to work on their car?
Old 12-01-2012, 10:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

No. You can do a relearn.

Takes about 40 mins...
Requires nothing other than turnjng the car on and off a few times for like 10 mins each time.

You can email Dave at Pwerks for instructions.
Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
blackbirdracing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is no procedure at all. Just unplug the existing Ecm, plug in this one and you are good to go... Takes 1 minute, and no tools.
Old 12-02-2012, 05:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

I think you are wrong...
Mods... LDK short block P werks tune, P werks CAI/ turbo inlet pipe, P werks hot & cold side piping, P werks rear suspension brace, Pwerks Valve springs, Pwerks intercooler, Pwerks phonelic spacers, Pwerks Hf cat, GM 3bar map sensors, Pwerks cross drilled / slotted rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Pwerks stainless steel break lines, Solo Street race exhaust, street edition headlights, DDM 6000K hids.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj-33 View Post
There is no procedure at all. Just unplug the existing Ecm, plug in this one and you are good to go... Takes 1 minute, and no tools.
Nope. You can only do "plug & play" with your own ECM, if putting in any other ECM you have to relearn the ECM.

This is for a GM vehicle (Chevy S-10), idk if it's universal for all GM:

1.Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3.Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4.Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5.Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready
to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.
IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.
6.Start the engine, the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password. 7.With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed, history DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nah nah...

I win.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

Sorry, you are right. First time I did have to do something like this. So long ago I forgot. After the first time you can swap at will.

Anyway, if anyone wants it, let me know.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Sorry to hear about your car. There are still plenty of them out there for the right owner.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Is the ECM from manual or an auto?
Delivered to dealer May 23th, 2008
Delivered on May 27, 2008

Mods: lose the chicklets, VentureShield, Dual horns, AfterShock spoiler, Weathershield cover, Lil Chromies, Red calipers with black Solstice stickers, Opel GT antenna and
Solo GXP-RCD exhaust with Solo hi-flow cat!
Sly Bob is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #11 (permalink)

Sorry I should have thought of that. Its from a manual.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

If anyone wants this, make me an offer!

I also have a new-in-box OEM cupholder replacement kit that I never got around to installing, as well as spare key fob. Both are free with ECM purchase.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:03 PM   #13 (permalink)

PJ - sorry to hear of your loss. Are you planning to get another or are you done with Sols now? Always sad to lose a "local" car.

My Garage http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/garage/1132
King-Oka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 01:50 PM   #14 (permalink)

I ended up getting a 2009 Audi TTS droptop (with 10,700kms and warranty to 2019). I bought it because of Audi's great Quattro AWD system, which allows me to commute from Cochrane to Calgary year-round with winter tires (I only drove my Sol in the short summer we gt here, so had to have a second winter 4WD vehicle). This allows me to own one less vehicle and fit them all in my garage Like the Sol its a 2.0 turbo direct injection setup, and gives similar performance (around 265 hp).

The Audi is a great car, and in many ways I like the auto dual clutch, which is all the car comes with (no true manual) but do miss the greater connection you have when driving a true manual. Also, there is no way to rev the engine and dump the clutch from a standstill, so that reduces the fun factor to a not-insignificant extent.

Interestingly, although the Audi is well appointed from a fit & finish perspective, things like the "upgraded stereo" (Bose) are no better than the Solstice with Monsoon, and I would say that the Monsoon's subwoofer is significantly better. Also, the Audi has no boost guage capability whatsoever, which is a bummer and no oil life monitor (other than a strictly km based "time to change your oil" thing).

In terms of looks, the Solstice was a 9.5 and the Audi is about a 6.5. Just like a woman, the curves (or lack thereof) in the right places make all the difference...

The features that I sure do like in the Audi is a real trunk, functional roll bar and electric roof which can be raised and lowered while driving at low speed.

Anyway, if anyone wants my ECM and the other odds and ends, make me an offer as they are just sitting in my garage.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:26 PM   #15 (permalink)

Different years have different ecm's. So what is yours?

pm sent on the cup holder.

Enjoy the Audi. It is a nice car. It may have similar power stock to stock but it is notably heavier then the sol. I have a 2012 Golf R, same engine and awd as the 12 tts, but 6 speed manual. BTW the tt's don't have quattro, rather it is the haldex system. Here is the R, pretty rare. My solstice GXP support car may be awesomer than the solstice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.