Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

Used OEM Pontiac Solstice GXP Exhaust

6K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  buzzdalf 
#1 ·
Used OEM dual exhaust from Pontiac Solstice. Fits 06-09 Solstice GXP and Base models. Base model will need GXP rear valance. Asking $100.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
I bought this exhaust off a car from the salvage yard about a 1 1/2 years ago. Never saw the stock GXP exhaust so just assumed that was what I had. I installed it on my 08 Base Sol. It does have a very good sound that I liked. Going to have DDM install Rotrex Supercharger and they recommended installing the Solo Cat Back dual exhaust to enhance the performance of the S/C. Thus the sale!

#7 ·
Looked the exhaust over again today. The pipe back to the muffler is two pieces bolted together with band clamps. The muffler has a short pipe that the middle section clamps onto. So it comes in three pieces! Also your right the pipe goes into the muffler on the end not through the front of the muffler. The confusing thing for me is the muffler is stamped GM Performance? So I would assume it is a GM exhaust system even if it isn't all one piece. Did GM make a three piece clamp together exhaust system replacement for the original OEM system at one point? How would I be able to verify that? It also has the Pontiac emblems stamped in the exhaust tips. :dunno:

#8 ·
GMPP made a cat back system for the GXP, which was ADI (Accessory Dealer Installed). It was described in the 2009 printbook as, "Cat-Back Exhaust System - Performance System, Dual Exhaust, With Welded on Tips, For Use on 2.0L (LNF) Engine".

Sorry, I don't have a part number for it.

The GMPP ADI cat back for the 2.4 was made by Borla. I would assume that Borla made the one for the GXP, also.

:dunno:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.