Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

WTB: GXP intake and suspension mods

907 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Sloowstice 
#1 ·
Just purchased a 2008 Solstice GXP. Looking for the following performance parts (in good condition). My location is Wilmington, NC 28405

• CAI - GMPP or K&N only
  • Kappasphere reBAR
  • Kappasphere Springs or Eibach Prokit (no Sportline!!!)
  • DDM Probeam
  • Backbone (any brand, any size)
  • Any other suspension bar

Not really looking for exhaust mods but throw me out an offer.

#2 ·
You might try PM'ing Madmod. Last I saw in his garage, he had the rebar and backbone still. If you cant reach him, PM me with your info and I'll call him.

#3 ·
Can I ask why you are interested in the GMPP or K&N only since its been proven that no over the counter CAI has any impact on performance and that in fact several have reported problems with MAF contamination when using the K&N?

Also, the reBAR is redundant with the Probeam. You should use one but not both.

What are you looking for when you say "any other suspension bar"?

:grouphug:

#7 ·
I want it primarily for the sound. I've researched intakes a lot on this forum. I realize that power gains are little to nil. I only heard of the Fujita being the only one losing power though.

I have the GMPP tune.

As far as suspension goes, I am just looking for pieces for sale. I realize the probeam and rebar are redundant but since I'm looking for used bars I'll take either one. If I get one, I'll stop looking for the other. On the "other bars" I'm talking about the Venom front bar, DDM over engine bar, DC Sports over engine bar, etc. Essentially, if anyone has an aftermarket bar they want to sell them I'm potentially interested.

Eventually, I want to do IC, IC pipes, and complete exhaust.

#4 ·
Rob, what I've heard is that the GMPP and K&N are the only CAIs that don't mess fuel trims up...now that's just what I've seen posted on the forum...I would guess that's why he aske for only those two...I was also wondering about the MAF problem when most people have been happy with the typhoon (K&N) ...what's your opinion?

#5 ·
I took mine off after several voiced their experience

The ECM manages to 260 ft pounds with the stock tune and trims are not an issue.

With a competent tune the fuel trims should never be an issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.