2013 NASSM Selection thread - Pontiac Solstice Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Pontiac Solstice Forum > Clubs, Events & Regional Discussion > National Events
Register Home Forum Gallery Owner Registry Garage Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

SolsticeForum.com is the premier Pontiac Solstice Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to 1KULSOL
2013 NASSM Selection thread

there has been a lot of discussion on Facebook concerning the selection of a site for 2013 NASSM and a bunch of us want to move this process forward ... here is a quote from Martin Scott - Phoenix SKY-SOL Club:

The Phoenix SKY-SOL Club had an event this morning and all members who showed up were given the opportunity to provide feedback for the possibility of them hosting 2013 in Flagstaff. All were very excited and some are already tossing ideas around to build a mock event schedule... I can say with out a doubt that if Flagstaff is chosen for the 2013 NASSM there will more than enough volunteers to plan, promote, and execute what would definitely be a great event!

we have solicited via FB for any other group that might have an interest in hosting the 2013 NASSM and The Phoenix SKY-SOL Club is the only group that has stepped forward ...

ANY GROUP that wishes to host the 2013 NASSM should post to this thread NLT March 1st 2012 ... if we have no other groups wanting to host then we will have the 2013 NASSM in Flagstaff AZ.

http://www.solstice-forum.com/forum/...c=8839.new#new
1KULSOL is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 07:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Founding Member

Cool

Command Presence!!!

This should get MI set for '14!!!!

YMMV

Steve

Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
Sounds good!

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 06:13 AM   #4 (permalink)

Too far for us, but I support them.

The West is due and if MI did 2014 that would be perfect for us in Ontario.
2008 Sky Midnight Blue, Redline, DDM Backbone, Probeam & Venom braces, DDM/JPM Diamond stitched leather/Alcantara 2 cup console, Wind Restrictor V2 & Blue lighted doorsills, HPTuned to 310HP/350 torque, ASAP Graphics Blue Logo & SKY side light overlays, MRZ Blue Anodized Engine Bay covers, Putco Nitro Blue Halogen Hi/Lo beam & Fog Lights, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Dashboss datalogger, Curt Redline hitch with a Draw-Tite Cargo Carrier supporting a Koolatron Cargo Box colour matching the car.
Sun Chaser is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 11:01 AM   #5 (permalink)

long term view ...

2012 East of Mississippi (EoM) ... 2013 West of Mississippi (WoM) ... 2014 EoM in Michigan?? ... 2015 WoM in ?? ... perhaps the beginnings of a Long Term Strategy to keep our Kappas Rocking and Rolling into the Future!!
fiziksgxp is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Chaser View Post
Too far for us, but I support them.

The West is due and if MI did 2014 that would be perfect for us in Ontario.

Team Solstice Folding@Home

2007 Solstice GXP - Yeller, Ebony Top, AC, NO spoiler, MSRP - ordered 06/09/15 - delivered 07/04/02 and it's pronounced zed, not zee! ;-)

Mods: Street edition headlights, Windrestrictor, Clearbra, Kitt brake light, chicklets removed, fake chrome turn signals
Canuck Sol is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 01:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiziksgxp View Post
2012 East of Mississippi (EoM) ... 2013 West of Mississippi (WoM) ... 2014 EoM in Michigan?? ... 2015 WoM in ?? ... perhaps the beginnings of a Long Term Strategy to keep our Kappas Rocking and Rolling into the Future!!
Sounds like some of us need to move Mississippi so that we can go every year!

Spelling wise I'm close....Mississauga....
2008 Sky Midnight Blue, Redline, DDM Backbone, Probeam & Venom braces, DDM/JPM Diamond stitched leather/Alcantara 2 cup console, Wind Restrictor V2 & Blue lighted doorsills, HPTuned to 310HP/350 torque, ASAP Graphics Blue Logo & SKY side light overlays, MRZ Blue Anodized Engine Bay covers, Putco Nitro Blue Halogen Hi/Lo beam & Fog Lights, Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Dashboss datalogger, Curt Redline hitch with a Draw-Tite Cargo Carrier supporting a Koolatron Cargo Box colour matching the car.
Sun Chaser is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 01:59 PM   #8 (permalink)

We had an MKC winter get together last weekend and the topic of sponsoring a National Event was discussed. At this time we had very few that are willing to commit to the time required to do such an event. One big problem is that we do not have the great cruising roads that they have in mountain areas. MI roads unfortunately are maintain terribly. Our best locations would be in the upper lower MI with summer being zooie around there, plus accomodations would be difficult along with being 300 miles into MI with few ways to get there.
I'm sure there will be more discussion. Let's see what other locations come forward.
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedMike View Post
We had an MKC winter get together last weekend and the topic of sponsoring a National Event was discussed. At this time we had very few that are willing to commit to the time required to do such an event. One big problem is that we do not have the great cruising roads that they have in mountain areas. MI roads unfortunately are maintain terribly. Our best locations would be in the upper lower MI with summer being zooie around there, plus accomodations would be difficult along with being 300 miles into MI with few ways to get there.
I'm sure there will be more discussion. Let's see what other locations come forward.
Mike,you are right on many fronts; however, you do have a few wild cards in terms of organization... KY and I were members of 2011 and have a strong desire to bring that vibe to MI. It ain't the roads. Few states offer the topography that MI provides in so many unique ways. Heard the same vibe from Austin and they had some cool Hill country stuff (I drove both in the quest for roads. Great stuff in the hill country but great stuff here using the same standards of discovery.. It ain't the commitment of time... So many are willing to step up.... And the roads? MI is awesome..... We have twisting on the deep river cuts and rises on the sand dunes from the inland oceans known as the great lakes.

When MKC is ready to represent and take this on, it will be great. Just a matter of location...
Old 01-25-2012, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Howie: I know you are here and will do much to get something going but we just have to get more people motivated. As I said I'm sure this will be more discussion. When we get you off the snow twisties maybe we can discuss.
09 WickedGXP9-25-08 Auto, Red calps,shorty antenna,windscreen,side grill & bkup light covers, leather armrests/console & door pockets,de-badged, pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover,GMPP CAI&tune, Probeam/Backbone,Clear bra,garage opener in header, JPM lumbar inserts,SOLO Mach Shty cat bk
09 Aggressive GXP Coupe 4-16-14, #577, Auto,soft top,Red calps,GM tune,GM acc whls,Conti Xtreme contact tires,pulsing 3rd light,red eng cover, probeam & backbone
WickedMike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 06:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGuy View Post
When MKC is ready to represent and take this on, it will be great. Just a matter of location...
One thing you have to take into consideration in the Michigan scenario is the effect of the state being mighty big lakes on top and both sides.

Several years ago I needed to speak at a convention in Grand Rapids. I was starting in Eagle River, Wisconsin. The trip was 600 miles via the Mackinac Bridge, 600 miles if I drove around the Chicago end of Lake Michigan. I ended up spending a lot of bucks on two ferry rides, one from Manitowoc to Michigan and one from Michigan to Milwaukee.

It's one thing that organizers in Michigan need to consider when locating for a national, IMHO.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 PM   #12 (permalink)
AKA SolWhat?

Same as I posted on other forums:

What it really boils down to is this: If the Arizona group is confident that they can pull off a national style event, and find and support enough activities to keep a national level turnout of Kappa owners satisfied and enthusiastic, then they can announce their intention and run with it.

There is no group of Kappa owners that has any authority to tell them they can't have the event(s) or even any authority to "award" a NASSM to them. Both Austin and Asheville were done this way, Austin turned out well, and 5 months from now we'll know how well Asheville went.

All the events before Austin were "sanctioned" by NASSOA, which dissolved after giving all its remaining funds to the Canton group.

On the Hanging Limb Highway - 2012
1st 1K - #741
DaveOC is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 06:25 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
DaveOC : Same as I posted on other forums:

What it really boils down to is this: If the Arizona group is confident that they can pull off a national style event, and find and support enough activities to keep a national level turnout of Kappa owners satisfied and enthusiastic, then they can announce their intention and run with it.

There is no group of Kappa owners that has any authority to tell them they can't have the event(s) or even any authority to "award" a NASSM to them. Both Austin and Asheville were done this way, Austin turned out well, and 5 months from now we'll know how well Asheville went.
Good points, Dave.

I agree that a National in Arizona is a great idea, especially given the apparently strong group there that is interested in hosting it. It certainly answers the concerns expressed last year about the lack of western events.

One difference this year over the past two is the "tone" of this announcement. Previously, the event decision has come after an open discussion about possible locations, ending with a consensus-type decision. This announcement is just that: "We are going to do this, and everyone else has two months to speak up or get out of the way." Is this bad ? I don't know. Probably not. But it is different.

It is true that there is no formal entity that sanctions our National, but the community can express its displeasure when the decision was not to its liking, and has done so.
2.4 NA Manual
Midnight Blue
JRinKY is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:04 AM   #14 (permalink)

Location: Parker Colorado, USA, directly above the center of the earth
There is a page on facebook where the potential sites for 2012 has been discussed for several days.

All are free to join in there.

Punisher's Daddy
Green Dragon's chief mechanic
Carol's husband for 46 years

Secretary Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club
Punisher's story
http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/f62/punisher-65168/
http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/f2...cussion-42115/

rob the elder is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob the elder View Post
There is a page on facebook where the potential sites for 2012 has been discussed for several days.

All are free to join in there.
Rob means 2013

Yep, it's been a lively discussion there fer sure

So far most of the clubs west of the Mississippi and Mississauga have liked the idea of Flagstaff and the AZ group's willingness to host the 2013
whitefang is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pontiac Solstice Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.