Pontiac Solstice Forum banner

NASSAM 2017 - Lexington, KY

19K views 98 replies 28 participants last post by  stevebot39 
#1 ·
To proceed with planning for the proposed 2017 NASSAM in Lexington I have created a simple website that will have information about the event and a contact page with a questionnaire. I am trying to avoid cross-posting the same information on multiple forums, and I refuse to use Facebook, so this seemed like a reasonable idea. I guess we'll see how it works.

The website is temporary, and will be replaced by something official some time in the fall. That site will have all of the normal registration and sign-up options.

Right now the site has one of Judy's pretty pictures, a contact form, and a dot on a map showing the approximate center of the places we are talking to for the main event location. As we progress I will add information about the runs and other activities.

The website is here: https://kappasinkentucky.wordpress.com/home/

Please check it out and tell me if you have any problems. While you are there, fill out the contact form, and volunteer to help!

#3 ·
how far away is the Corvette factory ? :huh:

would that be a sin to visit it ? :cool:

#5 ·
Visiting the Corvette Museum makes a pretty nice day trip. If I recall correctly, Kappa II was slated to be assembled in Bowling Green.

The Toyota factory is right up the road from here, and does a really nice tour, but that probably would be a sin .....

#8 ·
I am SO going to be be there. Nice job and see everyone in 2017 in Kentucky

#10 ·
Thanks for the good words, guys.

I have added some (preliminary) run information, mostly runs that we have been doing for years.
They will all be re-scouted, and some changes are likely to deal with changing conditions.

Most of the secondary roads around here are twisty, so finding "fun" isn't too difficult.

#13 ·
filled out the contact form already

you already know the rest

#15 ·
I have completed the contact information and look forward to attending the 2017 event. I missed the Oregon event and this year's event. Too far for me!

Lar Bear from the "North Coast"
#159 "Cool" Solstice Manual GXP Coupe

#18 ·
I am really pleased by the response we've gotten so far. The information and suggestions I have received are having a definite impact on planning.

Don't forget that the website is strictly for information and opinion gathering. Once the dust settles from this year's event, and we put together a bit more information, the "real" website will open so that you can register and do all that other official stuff.

#19 ·
Nice website JRinky. Following...

#21 ·
Update on the 2017 National:

The registration fee for the event has been determined, but I am still looking into whether we can do more of it a la carte.

Room blocks have been arranged and two of the three hotels are available for booking, so make your plans and book your rooms.

I have posted a formal request for run leaders. Please note that if we don't have leaders, we won't have runs.

The event registration website is still under construction, and I am projecting October for you to be able to use it.

For more information use the link in my signature to go to the website.

#22 ·
Just booked our room. Have stayed at this hotel before on my way back from Georgia when I went to JPM Coachworks. Love it that it is a Four Points. I am a Platinum SPG member so this is sweet!!!

#23 ·
Four points all booked up already?

#25 ·
Something is weird. I thought I booked it earlier but never got a confirmation email. I called SPG and reservation did not exist. I tried to book again with no luck. I suspect it is not active as yet????? I have now booked my room directly through SPG and will cancel it and rebook through our website when this is worked out.

#27 ·
I apologize for the problems, and will check with the hotel on Tuesday to see what is going wrong.

Norther Sol: Did you give them the block name when you reserved directly? If you did, and got the correct rate, don't worry about re-booking.

#28 ·
I think that I have found the problem. I inserted the link incorrectly and it was sending you to a booking session that had already started.
I have corrected it on the website, and put it here: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/book/NASSAM2017 also.

Please let me know if you try the new link and still have problems.

#30 ·
Used new link and.....Success!!!!! Have booked through this and cancelled reservation through SPG.
Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.